[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

You have only yourself to blame for rushing to listen to the leaked tracks 
tired.gif
Or we can blame Kanye for originally stating that they wouldn't be on the album 
ohwell.gif

Either way you slice it...Out of 12 songs (interlude doesn't count), there are 7 songs that were out before release date. If that's cool with you...fine...but to NOT see how that would be disappointing for some people is ridiculous. 

I don't mind having a few joints out...but when I listen to a new album...I'd prefer that I haven't heard more than half of it before.
I don't see how you can be dissapointed in a guy who's been giving you free music every Friday. Even if he did throw most of them on the album. Even then he took the time to master them and make them even sound better by the time they reached the album. So let me get this straight...you're mad that guy gave you free listens of 7 songs from his 13 track album? And why doesn't Interlude count? That's probably one of my favorite tracks on the album. I wish he flowed over it.

First of all...I'm not disappointed. I just feel it takes away from the overall experience
It's simply the fact that he released music that he said WOULDN'T be on the album and it ends up being more than half of the album. Again...it's a personal preference thing...but I think the average listener prefers albums to fresh when they hear it. 

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I haven't listened to 1 song yet that hasn't released. I've dedicated myself to waiting until release date to listen to albums and I've been doing this for a while.

Makes me feel like it's '99 all over again..

This is what I've been doing for the past 2 years now...which is why I was looking forward to this album. 

tired.gif
ohwell.gif

Either way you slice it...Out of 12 songs (interlude doesn't count), there are 7 songs that were out before release date. If that's cool with you...fine...but to NOT see how that would be disappointing for some people is ridiculous. 

I don't mind having a few joints out...but when I listen to a new album...I'd prefer that I haven't heard more than half of it before.
I don't see how you can be dissapointed in a guy who's been giving you free music every Friday. Even if he did throw most of them on the album. Even then he took the time to master them and make them even sound better by the time they reached the album. So let me get this straight...you're mad that guy gave you free listens of 7 songs from his 13 track album? And why doesn't Interlude count? That's probably one of my favorite tracks on the album. I wish he flowed over it.
First of all...nobody is disappointed. I just feel it takes away from the overall experience
It's simply the fact that he released music that he said WOULDN'T be on the album and it ends up being more than half of the album. Again...it's a personal preference thing...but I think the average listener prefers albums to fresh when they hear it. 

So you thought he was releasing all this music with Rick Ross, Jay, Nikki Minaj, Beyonce, Bon Iver, etc. just out of the kindness of his heart?
laugh.gif
That @%! costs money. But I mean I didn't hear that this wouldn't be on the album. I could've sworn that tracklist that dropped about a month ago had all these sames songs on here. I always expected most of these songs to be on the album just based on them being so good but then again I never heard that they wouldn't be.

I wouldnt have listened to those Good friday tracks if Kanye said they would be on the album......but he said himself they would NOT be.

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

I wouldnt have listened to those Good friday tracks if Kanye said they would be on the album......but he said himself they would NOT be.

When did he say they wouldn't be?

tired.gif
ohwell.gif

First of all...nobody is disappointed. I just feel it takes away from the overall experience

So you thought he was releasing all this music with Rick Ross, Jay, Nikki Minaj, Beyonce, Bon Iver, etc. just out of the kindness of his heart?
laugh.gif
That @%! costs money. But I mean I didn't hear that this wouldn't be on the album. I could've sworn that tracklist that dropped about a month ago had all these sames songs on here. I always expected most of these songs to be on the album just based on them being so good but then again I never heard that they wouldn't be.

...So why not put ALL the GOOD Friday Songs on the album if we're using that form of logic.
eyes.gif

Ye kinda duped us. I'm glad because I love the songs...but the experience is definitely lessened.

this.

Anybody arguing against that that Ye aint lie about the GOOD Friday tracks. He specifically said they wouldn't be on the album and then somewhere in the middle of it he tweeted some would be. At the time it just made me think all these songs have all been recently recording and he never had his album completed song wise before he started GOOD Fridays.

Power remix being a bonus was one thing but everything else was up for grabs when he realized he had like a 7 track album. Songs which he had to go back and redo, add to or add rappers to.

Aint no defense for it really. Just something the fans will complain about and will have to get over after a while.

Ive wasted 2 much money on wack cd's over the years to ever ever ever complain about free music.

I can see why some people wouldnt like hearing the songs before copping, but what about the fact that youre getting a FREE preview.

At least now it aint a guessing game.

The only reason its a discussion is because the songs are really good, if it was wack dudes would be thanking him for leaking/previewing these tracks.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Anybody arguing against that that Ye aint lie about the GOOD Friday tracks. He specifically said they wouldn't be on the album and then somewhere in the middle of it he tweeted some would be. At the time it just made me think all these songs have all been recently recording and he never had his album completed song wise before he started GOOD Fridays.

Power remix being a bonus was one thing but everything else was up for grabs when he realized he had like a 7 track album. Songs which he had to go back and redo, add to or add rappers to.

Aint no defense for it really. Just something the fans will complain about and will have to get over after a while.
basically
Ye still gonna get my money, it's a good album...but when you release songs and say they won't be on the album, i take it they won't be on the album and i play them like i would play any other song i like...now the album's about to drop and all the songs i've been listening to on a constant basis and know the words to, are being presented as a new track leaving the whole middle section of the cd unplayable to me

but like dude above said, i'll basically have to get over...but when he's done releasing the GOOD Friday tracks, best believe imma create my own MBDTF album

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

tired.gif
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

...So why not put ALL the GOOD Friday Songs on the album if we're using that form of logic.
eyes.gif

Ye kinda duped us. I'm glad because I love the songs...but the experience is definitely lessened.

Well some of them weren't worthy of being on the album IMO. The only two tracks that quality-wise were worthy of being on the album were The Joy and Looking For Trouble. And being those just got released i'm guessing maybe he was already done with the album when he recorded them? I don't know honestly.

And you gotta help me out here. How is he duping anyone? He duped you by giving you a preview of the album before he released it? He gave you half of the album in advance. I don't see the problem or how this is any different than him dropping a EP before his album.

Who cares when and how it released... just enjoy the music!

I heard all of the leaks before the clean album link and I am still satisfied. I am kind of glad I got the previews before, so now I have an appreciation for the finished product.

i find it funny how em gets hated on when he sings and this *@##$ kanye sounds like a complete fool singing and everyone overlooks it ... and i think All of the Lights is the best song on the album ...

When did he say they wouldn't be?
I would like to know this also 
I never heard him say none of the good friday songs will be on the album

But one thing i do agree 100% on and its he should have released the movie the day before or after the album come out 

But the album will still be kinda new to people like me who only heard runaway ,power and the good friday tracks the movie don't really count because a lot of people did not even see the movie and the movie only had a few bits of the songs

Gorgeous" (featuring Kid Cudi & Raekwon)  

All of the Lights" (Interlude)  

All of the Lights"     

Devil in a New Dress" (featuring Rick Ross)   

Hell of a Life"    

Blame Game" (featuring John Legend)  

Lost in the World" (featuring Bon Iver)   

Chain heavy

Mama's boyfriend

These will all still be 100% to semi new to me and most people who did not listen to the leaks

sup with chain heavy and mama's boyfriend? i'm trying to hear mp3's of both i didn't listen to either acapella version..

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

laugh.gif
 at people saying Kanye's singing is tolerable

What's wrong with it? He does it for like 10 seconds on songs the most.
laugh.gif
Not nearly as annoying when Em does it.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Ok sooo question--[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I am presently listening to "So Appalled", and I'm curious as to whether Jay was throwing subliminals at Lil Mama, concerning the VMA incident, at the end of his skit on the track.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Really seems to me like that's the case, and if that is indeed the case then that's just sad on Jays part at the very least, and pathetic at the very most...[/color]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom