THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I think the colorways last year were just fine, I just hope they put that solid color on Nike ID or something because I loved the patterns with the Kobe 8.
that patterns fit the shoe nicley ..but witjout the sneakers were fine ..like the super heros ..they were amazing to me

With the price increase I don't want to think about the price on iD. Either 1 or none depending on the options.

don't get your hopes up, i'm definitely not.

the options have been getting worse and worse as the kobe shoe has evolved. either taking stuff away, or giving us ugly patterns.

Yeah I know. The Flyknit One iD options are no different from the general releases. But with a signature line I don't think they can keep it too simple. I'll be happy with a gradient pattern. We'll just have to see how the model looks like first to see what potential it'll have.

I'm just curious, do y'all wear Kobe's casually or just for basketball purposes?

Damn, the thought of the price being that high is crazy. Glad I dont feel the need to go in like most of these guys buying every colorway.

Yeah me too. I passed on a lot of limited colorways. Having them in hand and having time to decide really does change your overall buying process.

So are they going to be a big hit? If you had to guess

with the release setup, people will die for these. If the 8s were that big of a hit, these will be slurped. and I'm not even putting the design/performance in the equation since I haven't seen the final product. As we all know, hype is enough to sell ANYTHING these days. Flyknit Kobes? That's like a Roshe Run KD shoe. LOL :tongue:

you gotta remember, the Jordan XX8 got hated on A LOT. radical design and an outrageous price point- they still flew off the shelves. And when it comes to current sig lines, the present day non Retro numbered Js aren't really that huge. I'm just setting the overall picture for what's about to go down later this year.

and I'm not even putting the design/performance in the equation since I haven't seen the final product.
do you know if they are going to have the Swoosh in the standard location like the 8s or if its gonna be up on the toebox like the Mambacurial/KD6?

Yeah me too. I passed on a lot of limited colorways. Having them in hand and having time to decide really does change your overall buying process.
with the release setup, people will die for these. If the 8s were that big of a hit, these will be slurped. and I'm not even putting the design/performance in the equation since I haven't seen the final product. As we all know, hype is enough to sell ANYTHING these days. Flyknit Kobes? That's like a Roshe Run KD shoe. LOL :tongue:

you gotta remember, the Jordan XX8 got hated on A LOT. radical design and an outrageous price point- they still flew off the shelves. And when it comes to current sig lines, the present day non Retro numbered Js aren't really that huge. I'm just setting the overall picture for what's about to go down later this year.

i'm still concerned about one thing though.. how will flynit support our feet? we all know it works for running, but cutting/jumping/etc?

i don't know man, doesn't seem supportive enough.

too many gimmicks, give me back the zk4 or zk6 with full zoom :smokin

i'm still concerned about one thing though.. how will flynit support our feet? we all know it works for running, but cutting/jumping/etc?

i don't know man, doesn't seem supportive enough.

too many gimmicks, give me back the zk4 or zk6 with full zoom :smokin

I'm not sure why people are assuming that the flyknit is going to be anything like how it is on the running/training shoes. It could be a totally different implementation.

I think people forget or just don't know that flyknit is considered to be so innovative not because it's light and sock like but because the process used to make it allows for ridiculous versatility. Thread counts can be changed, support can be added to areas and decreased in others. The options are almost limitless. We just need to sit back and wait for what could be a very innovative product or a complete let down but no one knows yet.

Roshe run kds would be [emoji]128293[/emoji]
I know right I can see myself with an xx8 or 2 :frown: and I hated the shoe and still the price
I just can't wait for the crazy patterns the kobe line has with flyknit material.

Last edited:
I think people forget or just don't know that flyknit is considered to be so innovative not because it's light and sock like but because the process used to make it allows for ridiculous versatility. Thread counts can be changed, support can be added to areas and decreased in others. The options are almost limitless. We just need to sit back and wait for what could be a very innovative product or a complete let down but no one knows yet.

That's what I'm saying. I'm excited to see what they do with it.

^Gotta be the flyknit hyperfeel.  Look at the pic I posted a couple pages back.  Sneakernews showed that the teaser image looked much like these.  Personally, it looks identical to me (which makes me question that teaser image)

^Gotta be the flyknit hyperfeel.  Look at the pic I posted a couple pages back.  Sneakernews showed that the teaser image looked much like these.  Personally, it looks identical to me (which makes me question that teaser image)

Same thing I'm thinking. I'm guessing they got their info messed up. Where is jm to make sense of all this?

he's seem enough that he probably knows the answer to that question

Nike is notorious for changing stuff like that later on. Didn't the first pictures of the 8s have the swoosh in a totally different location? We're like 4 months out. They can move it around in that time.

I'm just curious, do y'all wear Kobe's casually or just for basketball purposes?

Only basketball, all indoor too until they're beat. Still have 6's in my indoors rotation, but my 4's have been demoted to outdoor.

Back
Top Bottom