THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

July 12th homie 
smokin.gif
appreciate it bro!!

@Dark Steel good collection :pimp:

same here retail or less except the Philippines

I love the flyknit lows MJ and comes out 2 days before my bday so that my gift to myself lol

probably will change to MJ's to grey laces. Too much purple going on.

might even do yellow, just to make it a little more lakers-esque

@datboi81  it is quite a bit of purple for me.  Still happy with them as is and that sole is a nice touch, but they would have been fire with a white/off-white sole like the fades had last year 

Hadn't had time to take a collection pic. Kobe 9 pickups so far...all @ retail or less except for the Philippines.

Now patiently awaiting the FK lows
nthat.gif
Every damn one of those bad boys looks great.

Nice collection fam.

9s going down as a classic shoe IMO.
smokin.gif

I recently got the white/gold colorway Footlocker this past Sunday.  I wasn't even planning on buying any shoes nor was I expecting them to be on display, but once I saw them I just had to try my luck.  Turns out they had my size.  Even got a chance to try on the shoes in-store and walk around.  

This was really surprising.  Nowadays, it's rare to even get shoes right after release hour, let alone be able to try them on.

Is it just me, or do these Fundamentals hardly have any demand at all compared to the initial Elite releases? 

I would figure they'd be far more difficult to buy since (IMO at least) they're a clean and elegant colorway.

They sold out pretty quickly online^
Hm. That's really strange then.  Perhaps Nike had a smaller inventory for online sales, and greater quantities distributed to brick and mortar stores?  Usually there's a pretty good correlation between digital demand and physical demand, but it doesn't appear to be the case this time.  Maybe I just got lucky I went to a Footlocker that's in the middle of nowhere lol.

I recently got the white/gold colorway Footlocker this past Sunday.  I wasn't even planning on buying any shoes nor was I expecting them to be on display, but once I saw them I just had to try my luck.  Turns out they had my size.  Even got a chance to try on the shoes in-store and walk around.  

This was really surprising.  Nowadays, it's rare to even get shoes right after release hour, let alone be able to try them on.

Is it just me, or do these Fundamentals hardly have any demand at all compared to the initial Elite releases? 

I would figure they'd be far more difficult to buy since (IMO at least) they're a clean and elegant colorway.

Demand was fairly high for the Fundamentals, but now that the FK lows have a release date and pics, $$$ is being saved for those (at least in my case) :lol:

And thanks @Shaboy

Hm. That's really strange then.  Perhaps Nike had a smaller inventory for online sales, and greater quantities distributed to brick and mortar stores?  Usually there's a pretty good correlation between digital demand and physical demand, but it doesn't appear to be the case this time.  Maybe I just got lucky I went to a Footlocker that's in the middle of nowhere lol.

Online always sells out before in store. You're dealing with like thousands of people vs maybe a 100+ in store that go to check it out or in the area. People are also to lazy to go to the stores so they just order online. Most elite high releases besides the all star and masterpiece have sat a couple days in store in various places

Demand was fairly high for the Fundamentals, but now that the FK lows have a release date and pics, $$$ is being saved for those (at least in my case)
laugh.gif

And thanks @Shaboy
By the FK lows do you mean the HTMs and/or the purple colorway?  Sorry, today's my first entry into this thread lol I've only read through the recent pages considering how hard it is to keep up since this thread moves pretty quick.  
Online always sells out before in store. You're dealing with like thousands of people vs maybe a 100+ in store that go to check it out or in the area. People are also to lazy to go to the stores so they just order online. Most elite high releases besides the all star and masterpiece have sat a couple days in store in various places
That's true, especially in non-metropolitan areas with comparatively less demand overall.  I just wish more releases are this hassle-free. 

Last edited:
ahahaha at those poses in the purple fk 9's.

Shoes look dope and it should be all fk for the rest of the releases.

I see a lot of pictures of people wearing these shoes casually. I've never been the type to wear ball shoes like that, if i'm buying ball shoes you best believe i'm gonna be using them in the gym and not outside as a fashion statement. To each his own I guess.

Same here...

I do too. I got lucky getting the Kobe V "Dark Knights" for retail on Nike.com in '09. You best believe I balled out in those and broke necks at the same time. They are beat up and unwearable now... RIP.

Hey guys, I have a question on the tech used on the Elites.  Why does the Flyknit upper have a plastic texture to it?  Also, do they really use Lunarlon cushioning?  I own a pair of Flyknit Chukkas, and the upper on the Kobes feel nothing like them.  Also, the cushioning is more firm and less squishy, even though they both use Lunarlon.

What's going on here? 

Back
Top Bottom