The Official Kobe XI NikeID Thread - Elite & EM available now

i am planning to do a hollywood nights iD...have to do a laker cw since it's Kobe's last season....

Maybe it's the knit pattern, but these don't look like a single solid color knit. Could be good times ahead 
devil.gif

Last edited:
I'll definitely make that gum bottom pair right away, but I think I'll make a few for the wishlist and then wait until ebates is back up for NDC, or possibly on mobile monday when they have even more back.

Gotta at least get one pair in though tomorrow before the fake sellout.

The flyknit up there looks painted.

Yea colored flyknit is always going to be a gamble now with ID pairs, that oatmeal colored one might be the best bet, or if they have a grey option hopefully.

Yea, ever since the Kobe IX, I stay away from "single color" IDs. They look great in the rendering, but the paint is horrendous (with the exception of the IXs fade options)

Call me crazy but the samples I the background definitely don't look painted. Looks like a colored knit woven with black knit. It doesn't look like black showing through spray paint anymore

With that said I still wouldn't pull the trigger until I'm absolutely sure

Last edited:
Call me crazy but the samples I the background definitely don't look painted. Looks like a colored knit woven with black knit. It doesn't look like black showing through spray paint anymore

Agreed, I'm sure there will be a brave soul to get a pair, at least its low risk for the return policy. I'm starting tomorrow with that oatmeal/gum sole pair and we'll see what comes from there

Last edited:
At least we have some pictures of what the final product will possibly look like

someone touched on this in the 10 id thread.  Nike should start showing us what the final product would look like instead of just going off the renderings

I don't want another black medial fiasco again

It looks exactly the same on the X. Dark grey showing through the paint.

I'll be shocked if it's not painted

View media item 1861122

Look at the green pair and the white pair. It is very clear to me that the green pair was made with the white/grey upper then painted.

The heel of the flyknit is white so the green is rich in colour. As you move forward to the forefoot, there is grey and black flyknit that had to be painted, so it looks washed out. True flyknit would be rich in colour.

The yellow is the same.

I hope I'm wrong but this is just an observation that I have.

Last edited:

Look at the green pair and the white pair. It is very clear to me that the green pair was made with the white/grey upper then painted.

The heel of the flyknit is white so the green is rich in colour. As you move forward to the forefoot, there is grey and black flyknit that had to be painted, so it looks washed out. True flyknit would be rich in colour.

The yellow is the same.

I hope I'm wrong but this is just an observation that I have.
I'm with you on this one.  It's clear to me that they are painted.  You can see the base knit color underlay.

Back
Top Bottom