The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

I got a refurb 2017 non Touch Bar MBP still chugging along. The only thing I'm jelly about on the Air is the touchID. I prefer the square form factor over the wedge of the new MBA.

Last edited:
B104CDF2-1EEA-445E-B439-56CF6DBF58F9.jpeg

Let’s see . Finally moving on from the og iPad pro from 2015

Saw the Macbook air at BB today. Felt really good, premium as always with Apple.

Very responsive. I can tell it will have a long shelf life in the lineup.

My only thing is, I still don't see why someone would go for it over the 13 inch pro. The ONLY way I can see how it fits in is if Apple drops the price on the 12inch macbook (somewhere between $799-$899, or say screw it and discontinue the model altogether) AND if Apple stops offering the 13inch pro without touchbar.

But overall, I like it. The MBA was huge in the dev community. Lightweight, quick, and could handle any processes we needed at the time. This new Air does just that I feel, but at this point, all of us devs have moved on to the Pro line since it is now also super lightweight.
Basically answered it in your last line. Size and weight will eventually win people over, and is what got people to the MacBook in the first place. Those factors play a lot in peoples decisions on devices. Even though the pro has shrunk in size significantly, when you hold an Air, it will be a choice the buyer makes.

I might cave and buy one tomorrow. I've been waiting too long for a full screen ipad.

But I want cellular

What size is this? And what do you primarily use your pad for?

I use it for work and online courses. I also travel a lot and this way more convenient than bringing the MacBook everywhere I go . Plus I have the lte version so no matter where I’m at I have sometime of service . It’s the smaller size one I think 11 inch I’m coming from the og 12.9

I might cave and buy one tomorrow. I've been waiting too long for a full screen ipad.

But I want cellular

I went with the 256 cellular version

Finally a teardown of the Mac Mini. Upgrading the RAM is easy.

Yup Apple finally threw a bone to the consumers lol. Best way to get into MacOS imo. A shame that the SSD isnt the same, but to be fair, they have the fastest SSD's on the market for the most part.

Silly :emoji_grey_question: but idk how I got my bookmarks onto the bar like that. How do I remove? Safari.

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 12.45.10 PM.png

totally forgot there was a mac thread on here anyone have any thoughts? for the past few months my trackpad will freeze on start ive taken it to apple they had me turn off a couple things and re install the OS of course when i got to my appointment it wasnt frozen but it worked again for a few days weird thing is is that if i slam my fists near the track pad it will start to work again :rofl:

totally forgot there was a mac thread on here anyone have any thoughts? for the past few months my trackpad will freeze on start ive taken it to apple they had me turn off a couple things and re install the OS of course when i got to my appointment it wasnt frozen but it worked again for a few days weird thing is is that if i slam my fists near the track pad it will start to work again :rofl:
What year?

7FFDB024-98F5-42D8-9A16-04393CE0E0B1.jpeg

Bruh I thought my MBP was fried :lol:

Anyone else get this display problem? It’s happened to me 2-3 times recently. That little square that’s slightly brighter than the rest of the screen has been in different locations each time. I want to say this problem occurs when I close my screen while something was streaming such as Netflix and when I open it up again later in the day/next day it’s this screen. Closing and opening the screen again to make the laptop “sleep” doesn’t seem to fix it. Only fix I’ve found is to do a force restart by holding the power button.

Last edited:
Also, has anyone with touchbar MacBook had a problem where a control such as the brightness meter or volume meter freezes on the touchbar?? I’m trying to figure out how to avoid this. Quickest fix I found is to just close the screen for a split second to the the display and touchbar “sleep” then open it back up and it’s reset.

Has everybody here updated their OS to Mojave? I have a late 2016 MBP non-touchbar if that matters

thinking about copping a iPad Pro with this apple gift card.

gonna use my current pro for my drone and get a the bigger one for the pron

Back
Top Bottom