The Official Michael Jordan Thread??? Vol. 2020 ESPN Documentary

AIR J XIII

Supporter
Look, I know for the most part Mike isn't really a direct topic of discussion these days.

I searched the forum and there was never a thread for all things MJ, so I figured I'd start one with the new trailer that dropped today. Natural selection will determine if this topic is necessary.

Can’t wait for this 30for30 and it’s a 10 part documentary! Gonna be interesting to see how those last few years played out. Heard a lot of drama went on behind the scenes in that last year 98.

I lol'd when I read that Carmen Electra and Justin Timberlake were a part of the documentary.

I lol'd when I read that Carmen Electra and Justin Timberlake were a part of the documentary.

Aight so I wasn't just trippin yesterday when I saw the trailer.. had me all types of confused when I thought I saw Carmen Electra :lol:

I don’t get the Timberlake connection besides his influence on pop culture in the 90s but Carmen Electra was dating Rodman and they got married.

I hope they got a lot of interview footage with MJ. Don't want to hear a bunch of dudes talking about how great he is.

Houston wouldn’t have if MJ didn’t retire. Chicago would have won 8 in a row no doubt
How is that a no doubt situation? :lol:
Pretend they won 2 during the year MJ retired, who is to say they would have went on and won the following 3? Butterfly effect man, can just manipulate history like that. :lol:

Carmen was with Rodman during a stretch, she makes sense.

Timberlakes, not sure of the connection.

Last edited:
I hope they got a lot of interview footage with MJ. Don't want to hear a bunch of dudes talking about how great he is.

Jordan is too much of a cash cow for any objectivity by his teammates/coaching staff. I expect this to be nothing more than a 10 hour Nike commercial.

We won't here anything salacious or new. I expect sports media to talk about this documentary ad nauseam.

It won't even surprise me Nike released some qs 14's during this 'documentary'.

Houston wouldn’t have if MJ didn’t retire. Chicago would have won 8 in a row no doubt

Don't be that guy.

He came back at the end of 94 season and got served by shaq and penny. Nearly taking two years off along with a top 50 player all time, arguably the greatest coach of all time, one of the best euro players at the time, and one of the greatest rebounders of all time and they were squeaking by a Utah Jazz team that had Stockton Malone and some dudes you dont care about. Sloan is a HOF coach but not in the realm of Jackson.

I dont hate jordan (a little because I was was a HUGE Pacers fan around that time) but he last 3 champions are overstated. Who knows if they get by the Sonics if George Karl let's GP guard Jordan for the whole series.

Jordan is too much of a cash cow for any objectivity by his teammates/coaching staff. I expect this to be nothing more than a 10 hour Nike commercial.

We won't here anything salacious or new. I expect sports media to talk about this documentary ad nauseam.

It won't even surprise me Nike released some qs 14's during this 'documentary'.

This will be more than a "Nike commercial", I can assure you that. There looks to be A LOT of behind the scenes footage. I can't wait!!

This will be more than a "Nike commercial", I can assure you that. There looks to be A LOT of behind the scenes footage. I can't wait!!

I'm just skeptical that people would wait over 20 years to dish dirt.

I fully expect the "controversy" to be pre-approved or reviewed by Jordan and his handlers before this release.

if i see a old equipment room scene wit mountains of old nike air boxes ill be good, yes easily pleased.

its 2020 too...i wanna hear some cursing.

Some Cliffs based on what's come out:

- Directed by dude who did Fab Five and Andre the Giant docs
- Camera crew got to follow the Bulls for the entire last season, left with 500+ hours of behind the scenes footage
- Footage was basically shelved for 20 years
- Director interviewed 106 people (recently) for their comments, took 2 years
- MJ was interviewed three separate times (recently)
- Kobe Bryant's interview was done one week before he died.
- From Rolling Stone: "(The doc) doesn't shy away from delving into thorny issues like (Jordan's) gambling habit, conspiracy theories surrounding his father's death, or the blowback following his 'Republicans buy sneakers, too' comment."
- 2 episodes every Sunday at 9 and 10pm Eastern through May 17
- None of the doc will be censored, all swear words will be aired

Back
Top Bottom