The Official Michael Jordan Thread??? Vol. 2020 ESPN Documentary

918E0E9C-F0B6-4063-8035-71819AE171BD.jpeg

Same stuff. The league ain’t “tougher” back then or “softer now”

That’s my point.
that pic ain't telling the story come on.

there's no question the nba was a lot more physical back then. or more better yet, the rules were different

Two episodes in and I was hoping for more of the archive footage. I already knew most of the stuff they've touched on.
Netflix requested that the first two episodes would explain who MJ was to French teenagers who had never seen him play. Basically an introduction for the younger generation.

Two episodes in and I was hoping for more of the archive footage. I already knew most of the stuff they've touched on.

they had to do a primer for da new generation that never seen him play or don't know why he's da GOAT.

remember it's 10 parts so a lot of that archival footage has to be packaged around a lot of contextual interviews that disseminated accordingly.

I actually appreciate that it's not just da archival footage but also exclusive NBA entertainment film that was used as well as wrinkles in already known stories that connect da dots.

I can't wait till this entire doc is finished so younger generation can see what things were like.
I'm actually reading comments in here saying MJ's era is no different or tougher than today's era, it's still the same now :lol::lol:
Wait till we get to the Pistons episode :lol: Detroit not shaking hands after series, and MJ basically blocking Isiah being on Dream Team let's start there

If you've read his books and watched NBA documentaries, they haven't revealed anything really new, just small inconsequential stuff. Nothing really worthy of sitting down and watching for. The only thing I can say was worth it is the HD footage.

There are historical facts that I've just either not known or forgotten along the way...like Roy Williams being his assistant coach at UNC. Or in Y2 how bad they were record-wise and still getting the 8th seed...

That minutes restriction though w/ the horn...that poor coach stood no chance.

What was always interesting during Mike's HOF shots at Jerry Krause was he apparently was sitting right there and ESPN never aired a shot of him.

Apparently 3-8 just leaked according to twitter

had a feeling this was gonna happen with all the celebs and writers getting early access

Back
Top Bottom