The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

This Suns team wasn’t doing **** before they made the KD trade. At least they managed to get another one of the best players in the league in the fold, who is under contract for multiple years. We’ll see what they do from here.

Losing to the 1 seed isn’t some terrible thing.

I don't know man. I think this Durant trade has a good chance to blow up in Phoenix's face.

They weren't competing for a title before the Durant trade but they also didn't mortgage the next half decade of their franchise either. They gave up high level role players as well as picks for the next 5 years.

They have Durant and Booker under contract which is good but CP3 is older and Ayton is unreliable. It's going to be tough to build a good team around those two without any assets or cap space.

Like if him and kyrie weren’t so dumb, they could’ve had a top 3 seed in the east this year. Boston and Philly are both beatable

That was the craziest part about it. Brooklyn was playing really well before the Durant injury and then Kyrie just blew the whole situation up.

I don't know man. I think this Durant trade has a good chance to blow up in Phoenix's face.

They weren't competing for a title before the Durant trade but they also didn't mortgage the next half decade of their franchise either. They gave up high level role players as well as picks for the next 5 years.

They have Durant and Booker under contract which is good but CP3 is older and Ayton is unreliable. It's going to be tough to build a good team around those two without any assets or cap space.
They gave up 2 role guys and picks (which probably won’t be great) for KD. They still have their picks every other year that they can trade on draft night. Don’t really think they mortgaged much.

Again, we‘ll see what moves they can make with Ayton and CP3, but the team was left for dead prior to the trade. I’d rather have 2 elite talents than 1 and role players.

CP3 is totally washed and a heavy salary, Ayton isn’t a guy that ppl wanna play with…there’s really no reason if u wanna compete for a chip to wanna go to PHX…

Dallas needs a center bad
Kyrie is leaving most likely unless they give him the max

Ayton for Kyrie in a sign and trade deal unless he and KD aren’t friends anymore

That happens if you find someone to take CP0

Suns feeling what us Clippers fans felt. Of course KW/PG is no comparison to CP3/Ayton... but the injuries matter during the playoffs.

I’m sure with an off season and camp Suns will be better. But they’ll still have the same holes with a lack of depth.

Bad enough Booker, KD & Paul are injury prone, Paul a year older, and now Ayton ceiling isn’t as high as they believed.

Ayton for Kyrie in a sign and trade deal unless he and KD aren’t friends anymore

Kyrie on the suns would make their defense even worse than it already is

I’m Tobias’d but also honest. He’s overpaid. His production on a $20mil contract instead of $40mil will be loved.

He’s had to change his role more times than anyone on the team. Issue is that Jim/Jo/Maxey freeze him out of shots way too often. Being 1-7 in the 1st is bad yes, but at least give him 2-3 looks in the 2nd to get him going. He was locking up on defense in the 2nd half and go 0 shots. Meanwhile Tucker, Melton was bricking every shot

Yeah it feels like the contract stuff kills him. I remember hearing about him on the Lowe Post back when he was in relative anonymity in Orlando or wherever. He always felt like he was a good starting caliber guy who could play either forward spot, capably defend and do a little bit of everything on offense. On a championship team he's probably the 4th guy

The Booker, CP3, Crowder, Bridges, Ayton and Cam Johnson were their best overall team. Retool the role players a lil bit they would’ve stayed in the mix

I can see them moving CP3 before the season starts, he's got 30 mill on the books.

Back
Top Bottom