The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

He isn’t lol he requested out

bh187-spongebob.gif

It's not worth the keystrokes :lol:

Harden has done himself no favors. I wouldnt want him after quitting on 3 teams. He may have a legit gripe with Morey, who is a fraud whos luck seems to be running out, but thats another story. If u worked with someone for a decade plus its reasonable to expect a level of honestly despite the cold blooded nature of the business. But again this aint the way to go about it.

My thing is Harden has a track record of showing is *** when he doesn’t get his way. Him intentionally coming into Houston out of shape and half assing it was just a bad look all around.

It’s one thing to request a trade. But doing so with multiple years left on the deal you willingly signed and then just intentionally dogging it to force them to trade you. What’s crazy is there were legit reports in Houston being interested in a reunion with him this offseason which is wild to me given the circumstances.

I don’t blame the Clippers or anyone for that matter for not making some appealing offer for a proven malcontent. I don’t blame any team that’s hesitant on offering him a big money deal or whatever they think he’s worth in terms of salary and years next offseason when he’s getting older and has a shaky track record as is.

Like unless Harden is content with whatever money he’s already made in the NBA and could care less about getting one final decent contract. Him showing up to Philly out of shape and openly half assing it is just hurting his future bag. You’re not in your 20’s and in your prime no more. Like I’m sure teams will overlook a player forcing their way out of a one situation if the talent is there. But when it’s repeated questionable behavior with different teams. Unless there’s specific language in the contracts. It’s definitely a proceed with caution situation.

And Morey seems like a prick too. He also seems like someone who won’t trade him just to trade him so it definitely creates for an entertaining game of calling each others bluffs in that regard.
1k percent

Morey loves(d) Harden, hence why the pairing made sense. Morey literally took a full add in a newspaper saying how much he loved the guy.....Harden is not a needle mover anymore, sorry thems the facts. He is a malcontent on an expiring deal. What team is trading a first or any significant player for that?

Kyrie is similar in theory (malcontent) but younger and WAY better and still only netted one first

Harden has done himself no favors. I wouldnt want him after quitting on 3 teams. He may have a legit gripe with Morey, who is a fraud whos luck seems to be running out, but thats another story. If u worked with someone for a decade plus its reasonable to expect a level of honestly despite the cold blooded nature of the business. But again this aint the way to go about it.
And if you trade for someone that quits on every team he's on for a new scene, don't be surprised when he does it to you

1k percent

Morey loves(d) Harden, hence why the pairing made sense. Morey literally took a full add in a newspaper saying how much he loved the guy.....Harden is not a needle mover anymore, sorry thems the facts. He is a malcontent on an expiring deal. What team is trading a first or any significant player for that?

Kyrie is similar in theory (malcontent) but younger and WAY better and still only netted one first
Cryrie definitely isn’t WAY better :lol:

Why is he on the trading block in the first place?
So because morey doesn’t want to foolishly max out harden that’s problematic?

Harden got his 36 m’s and if he would have not pulled a harden in the playoffs this most likely wouldn’t be a conversation

1k percent

Yep. And him opting in on whatever handshake deal. I don’t know what was said between Morey and Harden behind the scenes. But I’m sure it was explained to him that they’ll try to trade him if the offer makes sense. They’re not going to trade him just to trade him. I doubt Morey told Harden to opt in and they’ll take the first available trade offer.

I don’t blame any team for not trading major assets for that though. If Harden was smart, he would just suck it up in Philly, be it playing for the 76ers next season, or playing for them and getting traded at some point. But either way to build his value up given he’s going to hit the open market as a free agent next summer. Like why cost yourself money when you don’t have to in that scenario. Not sure what type of money and years he’s expecting to get next summer. But you would have to think gm’s are going to factor how things ended in Houston and all the other drama into their decisions.

Back
Top Bottom