The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

All I see is Kawhi, Bron, Curry, Durant, Giannis, and Jokic like I do Magic, Bird, Jordan, Isiah, Hakeem, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, Wade, Bron and Dirk.

Homegrown/(mostly) lifers (Magic, Bird, Hakeem, Jordan, Duncan, Isiah, Dirk, Wade) vs Transients (Kawhi, Durant, Bron).

Different eras but not due to the commissioner IMO.

IMG_7608.png
IMG_7609.png
IMG_7610.png

totally regular human behavior

It's always going to take a superstar to win a title, though.

Just more impressed at the markets like Milwaukee, Cleveland, Denver and Toronto still winning. Do not be surprised if there are more names added to that list in the next 3 years, though. Tons of dynasties in the Stern era and you're just not seeing it after Golden State.

Less b2b titles and 3 peats

Just more impressed at the markets like Milwaukee, Cleveland, Denver and Toronto still winning. Do not be surprised if there are more names added to that list in the next 3 years, though. Tons of dynasties in the Stern era and you're just not seeing it after Golden State.

Drafting and developing those draft picks is the formula…

Sometimes those cities have less distractions too

i took what Mike Malone said to heart.

I wanna get him trending on here

We need to start a dialogue and speak about the underrated Nuggets

Happy to see less super teams forming and teams focusing more on draft/development.

I’m thinking the new CBA will make it tough for super teams to form too, unless guys get lucky by having undervalued contracts (I.e. Steph’s first extension).

Since 2000, 13 out of 24 FMVPs were homegrown (I included Lebby in Cleveland even though it was his second stint). It's pretty close to a toss up in terms of "best player"/"superstar". Now if you are talking about the auxiliary pieces surrounding them then that might be a different story.

Happy to see less super teams forming and teams focusing more on draft/development.

I’m thinking the new CBA will make it tough for super teams to form too, unless guys get lucky by having undervalued contracts (I.e. Steph’s first extension).
You’d have to define what a super team is first before you make such statement.

Some would argue the champs from 2 years ago was a super team. As was last years champs.

Last edited:
Mike Malone is in for a rude awakening in a few months.

In the nba when you win a title. People respect you for about 1 month.

Then as time goes by, you become yesterdays news and people think you’re terrible and a fluke.

The twitterification of the nba has its pluses (jokes, access to behind the scene stuff and rumors) but “people are saying…xyz…” will soon start

(Look at this page, KD now being diminished…5 mins after jokic won…in 4 years it will be player X is better than Jokić 5 mins after they win…). Just enjoy the games and appreciate it. They can all be great.
lol

guess you haven't been around the past 5 years when Nuggets fans and everyone else was trying to fire him because Jokic didn't have a ring sooner

You’d have to define what a super team is first before you make such statement.

Some would argue the champs from 3 years ago was a super team. As was last years champs.

Absolutely no one was calling the Dubs last year a superteam. :lol:

Neither was the Lakers but especially the Dubs.

Market size was always a cop out imo... competent ownership/management and drafting has nothing to do with location.

Back
Top Bottom