The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

T'Wolves in between a rock and hard place with the Gobert-KAT frontcourt. They wouldn't have been this successful without either of them, but they are flawed and very expensive.

I think they showed enough to warrant returning the group next season.
I’d probably move KAT still. If you can get 70% of his production from Naz but improve the team elsewhere then it’s worth it.

We good.

Time to instigate some new f'ery from the upper room

giphy-downsized-large.gif

My guy JD617 JD617 gotta pop in

Luka gonna eat no matter what, Kai, on the other hand gonna need to go off every game, need at least 25+ from him for Mavs to win a game.

Celts too small to guard Luka solo. They have to send the help.
If PJ and Derrick can shoot decent in a couple games, they got a shot.

I think the game plan should be to put length like Tatum on him. And to go under on screens. I’ll say it over and over again you can’t keep letting him just go crazy getting into the middle of the key and there’s no need to double him 35 feet away from the hoop. Teams are overplaying against him. Tonight he was on fire but it meant that others weren’t shooting the rock. That’s a recipe for success against the Mavs over the course of a series. Those other guys aren’t good enough to really create individually without it coming off a swing on a 4 on 3 type scenario.

Like hear me out.

Don’t double Luka and go under on screens. Even if he shoots 40% from trey it means you’re preventing at least 3 wide open treys from PJ Wash and Jones and at least 3 easy lobs.

I’d rather have Luka score 45 and the other Mavs be quiet. It’ll throw their game off a lot and they’ll need to adjust because him just dribbling up taking a screen and taking a slightly contested three over Tatum who went under is a break their rhythm type offense.

Whoever takes over for TNT better get Harlan on the call. Dude is top tier.
He’s been on the local Dallas radio station several times recently during big events like the Super Bowl, and even called in yesterday on his travel day for the game tonight. He seems like such a great dude, and he’s really really good at what he does. This better not be the end of the road for him.

I’d probably move KAT still. If you can get 70% of his production from Naz but improve the team elsewhere then it’s worth it.

Facts. I was just going to reply the same exact thing.

Move KAT to lower the bill (since they’re cheap) and go in with Naz Reid.

KAT can also get you more picks and an even deeper supporting cast.

Back
Top Bottom