The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

Wild Sixers, Nets, and Cavs are battling for third place in the East. Most Pundits had the Sixers as a distant third to the Celtics and Bucks.

Lakers 3-7 over their last 10
:pimp:
1671888651299.jpeg

I see there are no holidays for ALA :smh:

Luka Doncic is impressive, but I feel similarly to the way I felt about that Russell Westbrook MVP season.

It's hard for me to believe there is any good reason to have a 40% usage.

like these are professional NBA players.
like Dinwidie, Christian Wood, can't take on a liiiitle bit more creation?

Luka Doncic is impressive, but I feel similarly to the way I felt about that Russell Westbrook MVP season.

It's hard for me to believe there is any good reason to have a 40% usage.

like these are professional NBA players.
like Dinwidie, Christian Wood, can't take on a liiiitle bit more creation?

He doesn’t have a 40% usage rate and Giannis’s is higher, Embiid’s was higher until the 50 ball last night

He doesn’t have a 40% usage rate and Giannis’s is higher, Embiid’s was higher until the 50 ball last night

well yah not quite, he's led the league the last two years, im guess hell lead the league this year again and it's even higher.

plus usage is a rough estimate based on who's ending the possessions.
so guys like embiid and Giannis who are grabbing more rebounds block shots ect get USG,

it doesn't really capture the degree to which Luka is monopolizing the ball.

I woulda been slightly aggravated at last nite’s loss but they competed to the very end. Bulls escaped with the win.

Posterizing Vooch! Mesmerizing the crowd! Nasty stuff by RJ Barrett

And I watched this a couple times. Could not care less about the outcome when the neophyte gets it going.

We Fly High…U know this

Last edited:
well yah not quite, he's led the league the last two years, im guess hell lead the league this year again and it's even higher.

so guys like embiid and Giannis who are grabbing more rebounds block shots ect get USG,

Took the words right out of my mouth. Giannis' usage and Lukas ain't the same.

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh don’t need to rely on usage to make your point. I alluded to something similar last week. Something like 90% of his FGs are his unassisted and him + three of his teammates were in the Top 6 for PnR combos. Clear indicators, B.

However, I am not criticizing or penalizing him for it. He is not doing it to stat pad or because he is inherently selfish. It’s literally required him to do that in order for them to win most of the games they do.

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh don’t need to rely on usage to make your point. I alluded to something similar last week. Something like 90% of his FGs are his unassisted and him + three of his teammates were in the Top 6 for PnR combos. Clear indicators, B.

However, I am not criticizing or penalizing him for it. He is not doing it to stat pad or because he is inherently selfish. It’s literally required him to do that in order for them to win most of the games they do.

well yes usage is just a rough estimate. but yah,
my point not about the number but what the number is supposed to be indicating.

I will say the diff between him and russ is dallas offense is at least top 10. Russ OKC offense was just average.

well yes usage is just a rough estimate. but yah,
my point not about the number but what the number is supposed to be indicating.

I will say the diff between him and russ is dallas offense is at least top 10. Russ OKC offense was just average.

I am not not speaking on usage, its calculation or what it is supposed to indicate. I am generally agreeing with you while also saying that it is their best option with the current roster they have. Your point about them being Top 10 offense supports that to a degree.

As currently constructed, do you think the Dallas Mavericks would be a better team this season if Dinwiddie or Wood handled the ball more? I would like to emphasize the “this season” portion of the question due to Luka’s current ability to play off the ball. Surely it needs to improve but having him do it right now with Dinwiddie and Wood taking the ball out of his hands….I don’t know, man.

My boy there is no commonly used usage rate that incorporates the stats you just posted.

If you want to say he has the ball of too much and use a stat use touch time, because you rebounds and blocks aren’t in usage rate

My boy there is no commonly used usage rate that incorporates the stats you just posted.

If you want to say he has the ball of too much and use a stat use touch time, because you rebounds and blocks aren’t in usage rate

I messed that up. I think I was confusing, the debate over the way possessions are calculated in different usage stats
offensive rebounding extending the possession vs counting as a new possession

that post player usage = luka usage are not the same thing. usage is just rough estimate.
Seth Partnow has True Usage, is more accurate. but its not publically available anymore I don't think.
I heard on nate duncan private pod Luka is #1 by like 4-5 points i believe

the point is not about the specific number ultimately, the point is this degree of heliocentrism at some point seems counterproductive.
and starts to cannibalize the skills of the players around you.

do you disagree about the actual point or just the specifics of the number?

Luka does so much that it makes his teammates look trash. They’ll get wins and some success but it’s capped and has a ceiling. Hi teammates get used to being spectators and this doesn’t work as well against elite teams over a 7 game series. Not saying he can’t win the series here and there just that for sustained year in year our title contention it’s not the way. Bran has always had the same problem though. Never played within a system he just became the system. If you get enough talent around Luka or Bran it overcomes these shortcoming of style though and usually can get a chip out of it.

To my eyes though Steph, Jordan, Kobe play style much more effective in the playoffs. Especially Steph. He allows his NBA level teammates to really become the best version of themselves. I’m damn sure Dimwit would be great on the Dubs.

I am not not speaking on usage, its calculation or what it is supposed to indicate. I am generally agreeing with you while also saying that it is their best option with the current roster they have. Your point about them being Top 10 offense supports that to a degree.

As currently constructed, do you think the Dallas Mavericks would be a better team this season if Dinwiddie or Wood handled the ball more? I would like to emphasize the “this season” portion of the question due to Luka’s current ability to play off the ball. Surely it needs to improve but having him do it right now with Dinwiddie and Wood taking the ball out of his hands….I don’t know, man.

I would say at bare minimum they should be running more, and I think they don't because of Luka.

no reason why they can't get Wood and Dinwiddie more shots in transition, secondary breaks and take some of the creation burden off luka.

Wood is a play finisher, he’s not a guy who’s best used asking to make plays or iso score.

Spencer should take more shots but he’s not running an offense on a high level either.

FkoHKkaVsAExq8V

like they are pretty far outlier in terms of transition frequency.

people blamed it on Carlisle but, Indiana is running now.

Luka does so much that it makes his teammates look trash. They’ll get wins and some success but it’s capped and has a ceiling. Hi teammates get used to being spectators and this doesn’t work as well against elite teams over a 7 game series. Not saying he can’t win the series here and there just that for sustained year in year our title contention it’s not the way. Bran has always had the same problem though. Never played within a system he just became the system. If you get enough talent around Luka or Bran it overcomes these shortcoming of style though and usually can get a chip out of it.

To my eyes though Steph, Jordan, Kobe play style much more effective in the playoffs. Especially Steph. He allows his NBA level teammates to really become the best version of themselves. I’m damn sure Dimwit would be great on the Dubs.

Who do y’all think Spencer Dinwiddie is?

This man went from a career 33% shooter from 3 to 40 plus the second he touched down in the Dallas and never won a playoff series in his life until Dallas

Just say I don’t like Luka’s game and let’s move on because some of this **** has nothing measurable to base these statements on.

I hope Sarver does a LeBron pathetic lives rant to ESPN after he closes the deal. He will be 4 billi richer and da woke Bois in da NBA will lose all of us as fans.
Stop the stealing of the suns
arrest silver
should sell to elon

The Mavs have the 3rd oldest team in the league and it’s the 23 year old that’s stopping them from being a fast break team

Bucks are the oldest, they are middle of the pack.
Phx 3rd oldest they are middle pack in terms of transition frequency
Boston 7th oldest they are middle of the pack.

So yes I think its the slow guy, who struggles with his conditioning, has the ball 90% of the time and loves to operate in the half court.

Back
Top Bottom