The Official NBA Season Thread: Lakers Hire JJ Redick

IMO America's biggest advantage is the do it all athletic wing/PF, KD, Kawhi, Lebron, Paul George ect.

Those are really the only "unicron" type players that most international squads can't match up with.

I think USA can get away with less talent, but it's always going to be a risky bet if you don't have one of those game breakers.

Was telling my brother everyone wants to go to Paris anyway. No one wanted to be in a bubble in tokyo and no one wanted to be on a cruise in Brazil. Paris olympics is a lot to pass up on

IMO America's biggest advantage is the do it all athletic wing/PF, KD, Kawhi, Lebron, Paul George ect.

Those are really the only "unicron" type players that most international squads can't match up with.

I think USA can get away with less talent, but it's always going to be a risky bet if you don't have one of those game breakers.
that's exactly what the problem Team USA for a long time. they don't have a great PG/playmaker and no reliable bigs that can attack or defend. you can't exactly rely on James guarding someone like Jokic's calibre, most especially at this point of his career.

you can't exactly rely on James guarding someone like Jokic's calibre, most especially at this point of his career.

TBH I think you can in the olympics. Lebron is basically a PF at this point.
and did a pretty good job guarding Jokic in the playoffs. he just couldn't sustain it with his offensive responsibilities.
on an Olympic team he wouldn't have as much of an offensive load.

I think you could roll KD and Lebron at PF and C and 99% of international squads wouldn't be able to handle it.

?
Unicron - Transformers Wiki

I guess it still kinda works.

I have a theory;

It's for a long time people would say American bigs aren't as skilled as european bigs
because European big's learn all these guard skills because they aren't pigeon holed into just being a "big" at an early age.

but at this point I actually think it's the opposite.

All the young super athletic american bigs want to be KD or some other unicorn type player.
that they never really want to learn classic big man stuff like drop steps and hook shots.

you look at a young star american recruit, not a lot of post up hook shots.

they all wanna face up, shoot fadeaways and jump shots.
When in reality jump hooks, drop steps, up and unders ect are still more effective for tall players.

especially in FIBA play where the spacing is more condensed. having a big who knows how to use his size to generate efficient offense is more valuable.

That article has Dame, Book, Fox and Kyrie being seriously interested in committing for Paris too :lol: :sick:

That's on top of Bron, AD, KD, Tatum, Dray and Steph

Back
Top Bottom