The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

Oh you want something more current?

1718302653072.png

1718302692320.png

1 playoff win between 2 teams and 3 top 75 players. I CAN DIVIDE
lebron-james.gif

So what.

Luka ending up in Galveston with Bron and Book.

And I love how you are citing 2022, and 2024.

What happened to the Mavs and Luka in the playoffs in 2023?

and playing off ball just a taaaaaaaaad bit better
I think the off the ball stuff is a bit overblown. There’s one other guy on the roster that can dribble so he just has to stay in his driving sight. Does he need to shoot more off the catch? Yes but that comes with better roster construction

lebron-james.gif

So what.

Luka ending up in Galveston with Bron and Book.

And I love how you are citing 2022, and 2024.

What happened to the Mavs and Luka in the playoffs in 2023?
I’ve cooked Luka for 2023. He’s atoned. Mavs will have a chance as long as Kyrie and Luka are healthy.

While both your teams plotting how to draft bronny. Or interviewing podcasters. I got a podcast too. Throw me the lob RustyShackleford RustyShackleford so we can boost the economy

Thought the Mavs would dump THJr on one of the cap space teams (Pistons need shooting right? Lol) to open up the NTMLE to re-sign DJJ.

I think the off the ball stuff is a bit overblown. There’s one other guy on the roster that can dribble so he just has to stay in his driving sight. Does he need to shoot more off the catch? Yes but that comes with better roster construction
I agree that's why I wanted to emphasis just a little better. Nothing crazy doesn't need to be Steph or even Jokic but def get some more catch and shoots in more

Nah man fr I hate all of you and HIM HIM and all you suckers

Mavs make the finals and all it does is give yall more opportunities to drag them for your Damb toxic narratives

I’m seeing booker harden brunson all being propped up

I can’t stand any of you

You did it to yourself man. I was just living my life being the #1 Brunson fan on this message board. This is how the game works. You got your getback with Gobert even though they had a great season. Now it’s your turn.

Mavs don’t need to make massive roster overhauls they just need Luka to play some resemblance of defense and to run some offensive sets that aren’t just screen and “let him cook”.

The body positive crowd will tell you he is fine with how he is now and he doesn't need to get in better shape. Then they will hit you with the, "He will never look like cut up" as if those are the only two options.
Remember when you were trying to convince Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee that instead of having Eastern and Western Conferences that the league should divvy up teams in weight classes?

The Mavs might end up with the best record in the West next year if Ky stays healthy (big IF)

But I think their deficiencies will cost them again in the playoffs

Big question is if they try to trade for a better #3

Look you two are always trolling each other so I don’t know what’s what. :lol:

But yes of course Jalen for half the price and building thru that team was the way better option. They could have been an extremely deep and better team by now..

But that’s over with.

What do the Mavs do now? Can they even do anything.

I mean, that’s what I said but his pops and him apparently had a plan… I don’t care bout it either tho like I said before- Jalen gets his shine outside of Luka’s shadow.. gets a brinks on top of it

Mavs pivoted and got lucky to get the non toxic Irving… and actually made the finals

Everyone won. Eye don’t think the Mavs roster is in some kind of imminent trouble, they just need to get through to Luka
I'm done talking about Brunson. It's been beaten to death and nobody's changing their minds.

What do they do now? They have a roster mostly filled with dudes in their early/mid 20s that are playing in the Finals in their first 6 months with a roughly "completed" roster.

They'll have two draft picks available to trade this summer and don't have a single bad contract on the books. They'll have some wiggle room - first thing they gotta figure out how much the market values DJJ and make a decision.

Everything else will stem from there. Realistically they're probably one more bigger wing away from really being competitive with anyone as a roster. That wing probably needs to be a shooter. They need to unlock some more of PJ Washington's ball handling/initiation... He's done some of it in the playoffs but they gotta figure that out and how much he can handle.

I've said it over and over again, though - to a certain extent there's only so much that really matters if the one glaring elephant in the room doesn't grow up and decide he wants to lock the **** in, lead and dominate 48 minutes.

Mavs winning the glass, free throws, points in the paint, second chance points. Celtics have blocked more shots but minus KP’s 5, their blocks are coming from guards/wings. Mavs not blocking shots because you generally don’t block 3s

Bigs ain’t the problem.
I disagree that bigs ain’t the problem, regardless of the stats

Dallas needs to give BOS a different look.

You down 0-3. If it’s broken, fix it

As you know the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

Get Jones up out of that starting lineup and stop playing Hardaway

there's always the "lose on purpose to keep your draft pick instead of giving Luka Doncic & Kyrie Irving a shot in the playoffs" option for Dallas

As bad as Luka’s been defensively , the Mavs in this series are a 107 defensive rating in his minutes.

This **** isn’t impossible and it’s not rocket science.

This matchup ultimately kinda sucks for their offense, and that’s something they’ll have to figure out. Right, wrong or otherwise, that’ll almost always start and stop with Luka.

Josh Green's 23 and Jaden Hardy's 21 and they've had some moments in the playoffs that give you some hope they can grow into long-term rotation guys that can play meaningful minutes off the bench.

Lively's been awesome all things considered. Gafford's been good. Maxi was good enough in his role all year when he was healthy and he hasn't been good since he got back from the shoulder.

They need a wing that pushes Derrick Jones Jr to a versatile swiss army knife defender bench role instead of being relied on to play 30+ minutes a night. That's the roster hole.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom