The Official NBA Season Thread: Pistons Fire Monty Williams | Pascal Siakam to Re-Sign for Four Years-$189M

Bruh :rofl: nobody said they were a bad team

I think it's relative. People had the sixers as a 4 to 5 seed. It was:
- Boston
- Bucks
- Cleveland
- Miami
- New York/ Philly

And I know it's early, but Philly might be closer to #2 than #5.

I don't trust Adrian Griffin and the Bucks have holes on defence.

Boston is still the team to beat in the East.

Embiid team was 31-19 with Maxey/Seth-thybulle/green/harris/embiid

Harden joined late February of 21

When healthy he could hold his own team in regular season

- Boston
- Bucks
- Cleveland
- Miami
- New York/ Philly

As good as Boston is looking this season, like they seem to more often than not each year, think I'd give you guys the edge in a best of 7 tbh mainly off the strength of the advantage with the x's and o's that you guys now have.

I am interested to see what move Philly ends up making mid-season. You know Morey loves stars. High usage guard/wing would take ball out of Maxey’s hand though.

Maybe like a Jerami Grant type?

Edwards really pushing through with the weird roster they put around him

That’s some elite stardom if I ever seent it

The team defense stats stand out but

By the numbers it still ain’t pretty for gobert. Towns advanced numbers at least look a little better than goberts but I don’t trust that pairing at all still

Huh? Gobert been dominant defensively. And that roster construction is probably the main reason they have the best defense in the League and are 7-2.

"The Wolves have the No. 1 ranked defense in the league, and Gobert has been at the center of it. After averaging just 1.4 blocks per game last season, his lowest since his rookie year in 2013-14, Gobert came into the Pelicans game averaging 2.2. The Wolves have a 111.7 offensive rating with him on the court and a 98.9 defensive rating (his D-rating was 110.3 last season).

He has stifled some of the very best players in the league, including Nikola Jokic (1 of 7 when guarded by Gobert last week), Kristaps Porziņģis (2 of 6), Tyler Herro (0 of 4), Jamal Murray (0 of 3) and Jayson Tatum (0 of 2), per league stats."

as “a dubs fan”, you didnt have a problem when dude had to miss a game in the finals because he couldn’t stop hitting multiple grown men in the nuts?

or how about when he couldn’t handle some “trash talk” and decided to sucker punch a teammate and ruin the warriors whole season after winning a championship?

or how about how he continues to blame other people for his dumb shh

without dray’s defense and his ability to be a point forward, dubs aren’t winning those first three championships. he’s done a lot of irritating **** but that doesn’t negate his role in the warriors’ run this last decade

Kidd is right about this. Starts with Luka, lowest usage since his rookie season yet taking over when needed. Ball popping all over the court

I didn't believe he had this in him.

But he's *****ing less (still too much, but less), the eye test screams he's adjusting, and the metrics back it up. Defense still a problem, but he's engaged and they aren't playing a ton of 4-on-5 this year - so that's an improvement.

without dray’s defense and his ability to be a point forward, dubs aren’t winning those first three championships. he’s done a lot of irritating **** but that doesn’t negate his role in the warriors’ run this last decade

who the f says it does??

no one is telling dude “don’t talk shh”.. but people are telling him don’t hit other grown men in the nuts and don’t sucker punch your teammates

seems like that shouldn’t be too much to ask of an adult human being

I am interested to see what move Philly ends up making mid-season. You know Morey loves stars. High usage guard/wing would take ball out of Maxey’s hand though.

Upgrade Melton
Wing next to Tobias/Tobias replacement

Options are Caruso/Delon Wright for that guard spot
OG and Grant are names being floated but it depends on what Masai is smoking.

As good as Boston is looking this season, like they seem to more often than not each year, think I'd give you guys the edge in a best of 7 tbh mainly off the strength of the advantage with the x's and o's that you guys now have.

While I do think we have the coaching Edge, Embiid still has a lot to prove in the playoffs while Tatum (with his fair share of poor shooting games) proved he can carry the team on his back when they need him to close.

Either way, it will make a great series.

- Boston
- Bucks
- Cleveland
- Miami
- New York/ Philly

People, not me :lol: I think Fatboy was a detriment to the team and applauded the trade.

Kidd is right about this. Starts with Luka, lowest usage since his rookie season yet taking over when needed. Ball popping all over the court

I know it’s still early, but COY candidates so far I think are:
Ime
Nurse
Kidd

Wolves are playing much better now but I think it’s more of a chemistry thing as they needed time to gel.

Grant without the contract would be an excellent fit.

I do agree that it shouldn’t be a high usage guard like Lavine.

Since Masai won’t take anything less than a Kevin Durant type player for OG, a dark horse candidate I can think of is Gordon Hayward.

We do need a secondary ball handler in the non Maxey minutes and contract year Hayward is always solid as long as he’s healthy.

Can't wait to read the deep dive on Kawhi's tenure with the clips. It's been a **** show since day one. With that being said I still have the clippers winning the championship every year since 2020 and I haven't seen anything that would change that.

Back
Top Bottom