The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

At some point you realize that your FO won’t be a put a contending team around you. The longer he stays, the further the team is from contending. I’m pretty sure the FO wouldn’t mind trading him for assets at this point if he wanted a trade. They both need a reset. But a new situation would mean higher expectations for him.

I think of the KG situation in Minnesota. At some point both sides knew they ran their course.
Rehashing a post that I made a few days ago but this dude has 50 family members living in the Portland area. His son runs around the halls of the arena. He’s going to go down as the best player in franchise history. And Adidas is based there. Why does he NEED a reset? He’s done his cost/benefit analysis based on what he values. I respect it. He’s got a GREAT set up.

Does NT have a problem with Dame? If so I know why.

AND IT'S NASTY

What? We always talk about how Dame is in the best spot in the league because gets to be considered a Top 15 player with no expectations. No one has a problem with him at all :lol:

EDIT: See post above.

Once again you just assuming what you want. Where did I say anything about money in that post.

Everyone knows they are generationally wealthy.
What am I assuming? YOU said they did it to themselves as if they aren’t happy. Dame could be traded tomorrow if he wanted. Beal could’ve asked out years ago. You’re making the assumptions here, my guy.

If we are going to keep it real, championships REALLY only matter individually to a handful of guys. Currently it is Bron, KD, Giannis, Steph, Jokic (aka the MVPs). I wouldn't be mad if someone said Kawhi but that is more so because he is on this particular Clippers team.

For everyone else right now, it is just a nice to have.

Did what?

Choose to be stuck in ****ty situations. Stars are forcing themselves to team up with whoever they want to place themselves in better winning situations. Moving in FA to better situations. Its a stars league, they'll always be in control.

I'm big on loyalty, but eventually, if the front office can't do anything for years to surround you with the talent you need to play in meaningful games, yet you choose to still stay there. That's on you.

If we are going to keep it real, championships REALLY only matter individually to a handful of guys. Currently it is Bron, KD, Giannis, Steph, Jokic (aka the MVPs). I wouldn't be mad if someone said Kawhi but that is more so because he is on this particular Clippers team.

For everyone else right now, it is just a nice to have.

In what way? Cause of the people you listed ONLY JOKIC has zero rings but he gets put into that group?

honestly as a fan I’d like it if more guys stick with teams their whole careers and want to go through the ups and downs of what it takes to get over the hump. Although most teams at least make one big move to get over the hump. Bron era ushered in guys trying to play front office execs and they’re even worse than the terrible guys in a lot of these front offices :lol:

Sayin
In what way? Cause of the people you listed ONLY JOKIC has zero rings but he gets put into that group?

Because he has two MVPs and was on the precipice of winning his third straight two weeks ago. One would assume that is a player who should be leading his team to Finals and getting Finals MVPs. If he gets a Finals + FMVP, that completely changes the historical narrative around him.

Wiseman doing the exact same thing he was in golden state per 36. Y’all being tricked. Good to see him making the most out of his opportunity
But at least now he doesn't have to see all the workplace violence taking place, and being tolerated, in the Warriors organization.

Being away from such a toxic work environment has to be a net positive.

Seeing things like Jordan Poole pushing a veteran player like Draymond Green, has to weigh on the mind of any young player.

It’s a lose lose situation. They call you a coward when you don’t want to go to the lakers. You’re a bus rider if you go to the best team. You’re in a bad situation if you choose to work with a franchise.

You see what they were saying about Giannis being loyal. You see them trying to force luka out.

Disgusting.

But at least now he doesn't have to see all the workplace violence taking place, and being tolerated, in the Warriors organization.

Being away from such a toxic work environment has to be a net positive.

Seeing things like Jordan Poole pushing a veteran player like Draymond Green, has to weigh on the mind of any young player.
This coming from a fan of a team with CP3 on it is WILD.

If we are going to keep it real, championships REALLY only matter individually to a handful of guys.

Nah I disagree with this man. It matters to most of these players. Player movement has been at an all time high. Its because its a players league now. As a star in the league you are in control of your destiny.

They all getting generational wealth. At the end of the day, you still play to win the game.

Choose to be stuck in ****ty situations. Stars are forcing themselves to team up with whoever they want to place themselves in better winning situations. Moving in FA to better situations. Its a stars league, they'll always be in control.

I'm big on loyalty, but eventually, if the front office can't do anything for years to surround you with the talent you need to play in meaningful games, yet you choose to still stay there. That's on you.
What’s a ****ty situation tho? If we talking winning There’s only 5 teams max every season that can win a championship, the whole league damn near in terrible situations then so why be pressed to dip ? :lol:

Dame and Beal both done basically everything but win a ring…N that’s ok cuz it’s only a select few that accomplish that n they not on that level

Back
Top Bottom