The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-0 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Case in point what? That’s a clear travel :lol: :lol:

Dude took 4-5 more steps After he picked up his dribble (he’s allowed two). That’s a travel my guy :lol: :lol:

A gather step can’t manipulate anything. Take anything more than 2 steps or a hop step, it’s a travel. Why? Because you went 3 steps after picking up your dribble

You have to put the ball on the floor regardless. Once you pick up your dribble, you can either take one “hop” or two individual steps. It’s that plain and simple. Anything beyond 2 steps after picking up your dribble is a travel.

Obviously that video is an extreme example.

But the point is pinpointing exactly where the dribble is dribble is discontinued and the steps are now counted is where the manipulation can occur.

You can move your feet when the ball is hanging thus looking like you are taking steps, then you discontinue, then gather, then two steps.

Giannis does this all the time, take a big step during a hang dribble, then take a big step as you discontinue and gather then take your two steps.

The point is human language can only be so precise, NBA refs are more objective than ever.

they graded every game on the calls they make / don't make on objective criteria. So imo the problem isn't lack of objectivity. That can be fixed by computers.

Giannis pushed for the AG hire, the players hated him and celebrated when he got canned. Also their 30-13 record under AG was a little misleading, their point differential all season has been in the 8th-11th range suggesting they weren't as good as their record indicated. I understand why everyone has jokes for Doc but I'm just saying it isn't ALL his fault, they had problems long before he was hired too.

I agree it isn’t all his fault. But they did hire a bad coach which makes no sense.

Obviously that video is an extreme example.

But the point is pinpointing exactly where the dribble is dribble is discontinued and the steps are now counted is where the manipulation can occur.

You can move your feet when the ball is hanging thus looking like you are taking steps, then you discontinue, then gather, then two steps.

Giannis does this all the time, take a big step during a hang dribble, then take a big step as you discontinue and gather then take your two steps.

“Hang dribble”?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you pick up your dribble and take more than 2 steps, or more than one “hop” step, it’s a travel.

If you cup the ball or palm the ball with your hand underneath the entire sphere of the ball, and dribble again, that’s a carry or double dribble. Which is a illegal.

This dribble manipulation stuff your talking about makes no sense :lol:

The video you displayed earlier, dude would either be called for a travel or carry in any real basketball situation. There’s nothing out of the ordinary

That would be called a “carry” which is also an infraction. The NBA literally tried to outlaw Allen Iverson’s crossover because of it.

If the ball is hanging, and you take more than 2 steps without bouncing the ball, it’a travel my friend. If you’re moving your feet, you have to dribble as well, they work in unison. If you move your feet more than two times without dribble, it’s a travel. There’s absolutely nothing complicated about the rule.

You don’t know basketball:lol:

Last edited:
“Hang dribble”?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you pick up your dribble and take more than 2 steps, or more than one “hop” step, it’s a travel.

If you cup the ball or palm the ball with your hand underneath the entire sphere of the ball, and dribble again, that’s a carry. Which is a illegal.

This dribble manipulation stuff your talking about makes no sense :lol:

That would be called a “carry” which is also an infraction. The NBA literally tried to outlaw Allen Iverson’s crossover because of it.

If the ball is hanging, and you take more than 2 steps without bouncing the ball, it’a travel my friend. If you’re moving your feet, you have to dribble as well, they work in unison. If you move your feet more than two times without dribble, it’s a travel. There’s absolutely nothing complicated about the rule.

You don’t know basketball:lol:

you've never heard the term hang dribble?
and your lecturing me about "who knows basketball"

if you have tiny donald trump hands just say that.

yes obviously if you put your hand under the ball it's a cary, but obviously players manipulate this and ride the line of under, va side of the ball.

I have big hands, I hoop, played varsity hs basketball as a kid, it was and is easy to manipulate the ball with your hand technically on the side of the ball.

you can google and find thousands of would be trainers teaching the concept.

1708126564325.png

I spent a lot of time reading and thinking about basketball and the history of the rule changes, it's one of my various hobby horses in this thread

im much more familiar about the history of NBA rule changes than like 99% of people.
if you disagree fine, but please stop with the "you don't know basketball" stuff. it's silly. :lol:

you've never heard the term hang dribble?
and your lecturing me about "who knows basketball"

if you have tiny donald trump hands just say that.

yes obviously if you put your hand under the ball it's a cary, but obviously players manipulate this and ride the line of under, va side of the ball.

I have big hands, I hoop, played varsity hs basketball as a kid, it was and is easy to manipulate the ball with your hand technically on the side of the ball.

you can google and find thousands of would be trainers teaching the concept.

1708126564325.png

I spent a lot of time reading and thinking about basketball and the history of the rule changes, it's one of my various hobby horses in this thread

im much more familiar about the history of NBA rule changes than like 99% of people.
if you disagree fine, but please stop with the "you don't know basketball" stuff. it's silly. :lol:

In all those videos, dudes took one or two steps and never stopped their dribbles. Which is legal.

You showed a video of a dude who did it and took 4 steps, gathered and took 3 more steps. Dude held the ball in the air without dribbling for 6-7 STEPS. :lol: :lol: that’s a travel bro

Back
Top Bottom