The Official NBA Thread: T'Wolves-Mavericks and Celtics-Pacers / Happy Bday broncos19dm, Wavy, B Sox

133662074_136363034922679_6084691875104096336_n.jpg

I think the problems a lot of people have with officiating, stems from the fact that officials have become MORE objective and accurate not LESS.

Refs used to be able to just call stuff based on vibes and feel + rules;
But once you have an objective standard
it's more easily gamed in ways the might violate the spirit of the rules.

Take travel calls, in the past it was counting steps+vibe and feel.
The first euro step was called a travel.

If you want to make the travel rule objective, but still capture all the things we still want to see in basketball,
it necessitates the concept of a "Gather Step"

one you have the gather step, it can be manipulated in way that break the spirit of the rule but are still technically legal.

case in point;

TLDR; AI refs would make the problem worse not better. we have to go back to allowing human judgement of refs.

Thats not a travel.

Thats ****ing TREK :lol:

To be fair, your first statement suggests that it's on management, not the players But also:
  • Doc sucks
  • Management made a horrible decision because Doc sucks
  • Dame is not himself this year, not sure if it's depression from the divorce or if he's aging. Either way, the team's playing worse because Doc sucks.

Giannis pushed for the AG hire, the players hated him and celebrated when he got canned. Also their 30-13 record under AG was a little misleading, their point differential all season has been in the 8th-11th range suggesting they weren't as good as their record indicated. I understand why everyone has jokes for Doc but I'm just saying it isn't ALL his fault, they had problems long before he was hired too.

To be fair, your first statement suggests that it's on management, not the players But also:
  • Doc sucks
  • Management made a horrible decision because Doc sucks
  • Dame is not himself this year, not sure if it's depression from the divorce or if he's aging. Either way, the team's playing worse because Doc sucks.
Yanni IS management.

Back
Top Bottom