The Official NBA Thread: T'Wolves-Mavericks and Celtics-Pacers / Happy Bday broncos19dm, Wavy, B Sox

IMG_4233.jpeg

College basketball sucks. Get out immediately
College basketball sucks, yes. But for someone like Bronny who is getting NIL money and is set for life regardless, being in college generally is not a bad thing. Wouldn’t blame him for staying longer just to have fun and hang around the USC co-eds.

At the same time, however, I could see how the heart scare would be motivation to speed up the timeline for going to the NBA.

This is now the most fascinating story of the offseason. What is the price a team will pay to get LeBron James for 1 or 2 seasons

It's a really interesting situation all around...

- Dad is LeBron. Has said he wants to play with him. Could influence certain teams to draft him just because of that. We have a lot of NBA players children coming up the pipeline, but none of their dads are still capable of playing :lol:
- He doesn't need the money so NIL isn't necessarily important.
- He could/would put up more counting stats with another season or two in college, but not sure it actually helps his draft profile all that much since he projects as a role guy anyway.
- Next few drafts are much stronger than this year and he'd only be getting older and older.
- Would he develop more in the GLeague than in college? Maybe?

Quite the case study :lol:

Grant Nelson is playing in the Final Four this weekend with Alabama did that same thing.

He ended up pulling out of the draft, and transferring from North Dakota to Bama

Kenny Lofton Jr. I believe did the same thing but stayed in the draft

It is a common thing now

But with a Dad like Bron, people will always think Bronny is tryna be LeThanasis

I can't see it ending well for Bronny. I wish him the best though. Hopefully he just transfers. Don't see him being ready for the league right now at all.
Maybe he can try out for the shanghai sharks when he doesn’t get drafted.

Did college hoops legend JJ defend it o r did he agree with Bron?
Speaking of JJ, I thought it was just Gilbert Arenas who went in on the #NigerianScammer taking money and yielding zero results. In the pod with Ray Allen, JJ made a comment/joke about it as well. Which Ray Allen was in on also and was laughing.

Back
Top Bottom