The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-0 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Happy for my guy DSJ getting this moment.

Knicks goofed ‘bout 3-4 times on the draft that night.

Phil was literally sleeping on the job.

we all know the joker is very good, but we all know too that he is not 3 consecutive times MVP good.
3 mvps is god status, legends of the game type player (jordan, lebron, magic..)
Basketball needs to do the right thing and give the mvp to Embiid

The argument is pointless because it's sorted itself out. Embiid will get it and no one will be talking about this come the summer.

Not giving the mvp to someone because they aren’t as good as Shaq, jordan or lebron… and rather give it someone else who hasn’t won yet

Interesting

This is the backward logic that the MLB Hall of Fame uses. Only one player in history has ever been voted a unanimous, first-ballot hall of famer. For decades voters used the rationale of "we didn't give Babe Ruth and Willie Mays 100% of the vote and you're not better than Babe Ruth or Willie Mays therefore we won't give you 100% of the vote either"

He’s not winning MVP anymore. That ship has sailed.

If he lost or played bad, the anti-Jokic posts would’ve been crazy today. I’m just showing love for yesterday’s game. Forget the metrics.

It's still a 3 man race between Joker, Embiid and Giannis.

Sixers just lost two straight. Bucks and Nuggets are still #1 in their respective conferences. I hope it's Embiid, but the race isn't over.

Lmao. Who are these tons of others?

Kawhi healthy is someone i think most would rather have on their team going into the playoffs than a Jokic. Then there’s debatables like Luka who took his team further already. Jokic has amazing offensive stats but the story hasn’t played out in the playoffs because a big man that is a defensive liability is pretty hard to overcome. And he’s not just a liability he’s a flat out target for repeated over and over seek and destroy strategies.

Man won back to back MVP's while winning less than 50 games both years. Only player they ever gave that type of grace too. Real interesting. This year his team is actually gonna do it but it's different when your game under the microscope. I do think that some people have gotten "shamed" into NOT voting for Jokic but oh well. His fans want to put him on a all-time great level but not receive the same treatment all-time greats get.

On top of all that he's just not better than Giannis or Embiid. :lol:

Man I know people hate Nets management but they got screwed.

I think they have something with Bridges though. They can build on that with guys that actually want to be there. Brooklyn has proven they can lure in free agents so it's just a matter of getting the right guys.

But I agree...it was messed up. Durant wanted to be there, but it worked out for him as best as it could.

Kawhi healthy is someone i think most would rather have on their team going into the playoffs than a Jokic. Then there’s debatables like Luka who took his team further already. Jokic has amazing offensive stats but the story hasn’t played out in the playoffs because a big man that is a defensive liability is pretty hard to overcome. And he’s not just a liability he’s a flat out target for repeated over and over seek and destroy strategies.
Luka hasn’t taken his team further though. Both guys have made the conference finals once.

I love Kawhi, but what has be done since coming to LA that makes you think you have a better chance with him? His defense hasn’t been like THAT since San Antonio.

Luka hasn’t taken his team further though. Both guys have made the conference finals once.

I love Kawhi, but what has be done since coming to LA that makes you think you have a better chance with him? His defense hasn’t been like THAT since San Antonio.
Kawhi and Jokic’s team met in the bubble playoffs and the Nuggets won with Joker dominating. And I say that as a Clippers fan.

The Nuggets have lost in the playoffs the last two seasons to the eventual Western Conference Champions when they were clearly overmatched from a talent standpoint because they were missing key players.

This year is the real test.

Lmfao.

All i said was he went +19 last night against the probable DPOY and you typed this. You want some other stats?

31 points, 11 asssists on 50% from the field and 10/11 from the line. Only bad part of his game was going 1/6 from the three point line. He only had 3 turnovers.

This was one of the big games remaining on the nba calendar and it the Nuggets had lost, the slander cannons would’ve been firing heavy. But since he won its “single game plus minus is useless and you’re only using it to support your argument”.

I don’t give a **** who wins the mvp. I just wanted to give Jokic some credit and I find the discourse hilarious.
You’re taking this personally for some reason. I said +/- is a misused stat. You’re not the first or last person to misuse it. It’s misused in the media all the time too, imo it would be better if it never became part of popular discourse.

I like +/- for being one data point when you talk about how full lineups perform over some share of the season. Makes no sense to use it to compare star players, in a single game even worse.

Back
Top Bottom