The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

trying to catch up on this Zion mess
01AC9F91-F815-438C-9369-F1622514FA8F.jpeg

I had to watch the game on replay in the middle of the night but man, this Denver team is something else. Haters, casuals and mentally unstable folks (respectfully) can talk about competition all they want but no team in the league was beating this Denver team in the postseason in a 7 game series. I know the job's not done but Miami winning 3 in a row with two of them being in Denver seems highly unlikely but a lot of us said the same thing about Boston in Games 4-6 so 🤷‍♂️

And I don't say this to sound like I am taking anything away from the Nuggets but one thing I think that has played in their advantage is having guys like Bruce Brown and Aaron Gordon who had/have big paydays riding on this postseason run. The price of the the brick went up quite a bit for them IMO.

Whether you believe Miami should be there or not, they are here by way of beating the #1 and #2 seeds. They more than showed their worth. It's been said a few times but the whole undrafted role player by committee as your third option just isn't sustainable. A healthy Herro would have been ideal but that's not a knock on him not coming back because his minutes would have been limited anyway.

On to Game 5 in Denver. This going to be the first Finals game I get watch live from the tip to finish so I hope it's at least a good one if it's the last of the season :lol:

Coming back from down 3-1 makes it the greatest, LeBron or not.
agree to disagree. watched a lot of NBA Finals and to even mention it as the greatest is asinine. there are great finals and there are less interesting ones.

They’ll come up short but still a legendary run that’ll never be forgotten.

Jimmy combining for 100 in b2b games, MJ is the only post-merger guy to beat that.

4 games with 15+ 3s against the Bucks. NINETEEN threes at home against the Cs :lol: 50% from 3 on the road in G7, Caleb Martin matching Jaylen Brown on half the shots.

Yet another 50% from 3 game on the road in Denver.

Just an unprecedented run of consistently rising to the occasion from a bottom 5 offense in the league during the regular season. Incredible.

Moral victories are for minor league coaches, but they still have nothing to be ashamed of.

Spo is a championship coach. Jimmy Bam & the role players are all championship quality, but would benefit immensely if they all took a step back in the hierarchy. No different from Aaron Gordon.

Not sure how Riles brings in a big gun tho.
Spo made a minor adjustment of playing more Duncan Robinson, I’d go even further and run him until he fouls out.

Try to get him over 30 minutes if you can. He’s done a ton of work on his game & consistently makes great decisions now.
They did a great job to get here and should be commended. I just think the culture thing is silly, all of the better organizations have that and it isn't exclusive to the Miami Heat. Of course, they didn't ask the media to run with that every 4 seconds.

They are here because of the shooting that was never really sustainable forever.That's the only way they've been able to sniff winning games since at least the middle of the last series and arguably longer. They haven't committed to Duncan as much because Denver would have just torched him and it's not really worth it. He has done some nice things off the dribble lately, though.

There was no scenario where they were going to win this series without unsustainable shooting. That had already begun to dry up before this series started.

FF d
Nobody cares about the nuggets, they’re the lowest rated finals team ever

They’re not that good

They’re not entertaining

Jokic isn’t that great of a passer and isn’t even the best on his team

They’re the stupidest team to ever win a championship

Jamal Murray isn’t good he can’t even average 20 ppg

Mike malone should have been fired years ago

Anything else about them that I missed lol
Nothing but Facts.

1. Jokic isn't marketable and needs to flash guns when riding his horse like Wild West dudes and Ja do.

2. Murray needs to turn into Maury and have kids and or relations with Pron stars and Skrippers.

3. Aaron Gordon is a fraud and is benefiting from Weed in Da Mile HIGH city.

4. Christian Braun needs to go by Brawn and stop lying about how to say his last name.

5. MAGA Porter needs to stay behind in Florida and support his President during this difficult time. Our President is not GUILTY by the way.

Miami is def cooked.

But lets give them props for even getting here.

*8 Seed

Im proud of them. Jimmy took a Bam and undrafteds to the finals. Will be a story to tell.
I'll give them that considering how the entire East frustratingly under-performed.

Back
Top Bottom