The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 2-0 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Been telling y'all that ESPN isn't for us. See below.

We are not "most viewers" :lol: (That wasn't directed at you Osh, just speaking on this thread as a whole). They really just provide surface level information for casuals. You don't need pay top dollar or carry a heavy roster to do that. As a few folks have said, I doubt viewership will be affected in the long run as a result of these firings.

EXACTLY you are not most viewers, neither am I.
I don't watch NBA studio shows, the show is not for me.

but simply because something isn't for YOU doesn't mean the people who make it are idiots or untalented.

I don't watch First Take Stephan A is insanely talented. you'd be crazy to deny that.

have a feeling Morey drags this out like did with Ben Simmons

I just don’t know how you sell a combination of Batum, RoCo, Mann, etc… to Embiid as a contender

Say what you want of current Harden, but even in a decline he was a walking 21/11/6 on a very good shooting year last year. Having a guy who can shoulder some of that offensive load when your team is build around JoJois very, very valuable over the course of a long season. Embiid is not Giannis or Joker. He's not a guy you can just plug role players around like that.

Wasn't Kyrie's whole crusade wanting a longer deal?

It was but I don't think he's getting a long term deal more than 3 years from anyone. And apparently DAL doesn't want to do max money for him because it would remove their ability to get the full TPMLE. So if he can't get a 4-5 year deal and if HOU is willing (don't think they will) to offer him the max money 49 mil AAV for 2 years, I think he'd seriously consider it.

With how many randoms (and not to mention actual pro athletes) joining the pod and streaming spaces I don’t really consider sas or any of these figure head characters all that talented

You’re calling him talented because he’s charismatic or something. Ok, I guess

I mean Dray publicly said he felt like he couldn’t hold him accountable Post punch. And KD publicly said that things were never the same after their argument. You didn’t really have a reason to believe them besides blind fandom :lol:

a lot of folks are quick to forgive dray because his role in the dubs' dynasty. the warriors' front office did themselves no favors essentially siding with him after the KD incident and then painted themselves into a corner by not punishing him at all for punching Poole. not surprised there's a lack of accountability from dray

but besides steph throwing his mouthpiece in disgust, dray/JP's time on the court seemed unbothered this season.

With how many randoms joining the pod and streaming spaces I don’t really consider sas or any of characters all that talented

You’re calling him talented because he’s charismatic. Ok, I guess

yah man that's a talent.

if you ever sat through actor auditions, or worse yet non-union actor auditions. the difference is night or day.

I've sat through like 4 days of non union actor auditions. I would say like 98% were horrible. 1.5% acceptable. .5 decent.
you think it's easy to be funny/charismatic and believable on screen, I promise you it is not.

the skill is rarer than you would think

The Sixers currently only have two players under contract in 2024-2025: Embiid (who folks have already put into the trade machine) and PJ Tucker (Enough said :lol:) Waiting on the extension at this moment is good business.

it's gonna be a wild day when "TTP" turns into "Trade The Process"

also if you ever tried to direct a professional union actor, vs student vs amatuer...

the difference is night and day, it's a joke. :lol:

and this is just acting ability, im not even talking inherit charisma. the amount of actors ive seen that have real star charisma is like almost none.
the two that did, are starring on sitcoms.

yah man that's a talent.

if you ever sat through actor auditions, or worse yet non-union actor auditions. the difference is night or day.

I've sat through like 4 days of non union actor auditions. I would say like 98% were horrible. 1.5% acceptable. .5 decent.
you think it's easy to be funny/charismatic and believable on screen, I promise you it is not.

the skill is rarer than you would think
I get it. He’s got the pageantry down always have, he’s perfect for a studio show as you said

I’m just saying, there’s tons of the same talent you’re referring to out there and they’re becoming more accessible. Just don’t have the same stage as sas which is fine

Vince Carter is smart, handsome, well spoken.

...he's stinks on TV.

doesn't have even close to the level of charisma and screen presence as Perk.

make fun of Perk if you want, but he's good at TV.

EXACTLY you are not most viewers, neither am I.
I don't watch NBA studio shows, the show is not for me.

but simply because something isn't for YOU doesn't mean the people who make it are idiots or untalented.

I don't watch First Take Stephan A is insanely talented. you'd be crazy to deny that.

Famb - I am in violent agreement with you :lol:

It was weird with Vince…When yo 1st started broadcasting while playing he was pretty smooth and natural but as soon as he retired and went full time with it he struggled…Nervous Choppy speech and stuttering, takes forever to get a sentence out or point across :lol: :smh:

Yea. Not everyone is built for TV. And that’s okay.

It was weird with Vince…When yo 1st started broadcasting while playing he was pretty smooth and natural but as soon as he retired and went full time with it he struggled…Nervous Choppy speech and stuttering, takes forever to get a sentence out or point across :lol: :smh:
Deep when you think about it. When you're still in your element your overall confidence is high and probably unmovable, when that's gone it can be shook.

Screenshot_20230630_162429_Instagram.jpg

Deep when you think about it. When you're still in your element your overall confidence is high and probably unmovable, when that's gone it can be shook.
Yea it’s like it hit him one day like “O **** , I’m a real broadcaster now, I got pressure to be on point” and couldn’t handle it :smh:

Back
Top Bottom