The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-0 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Don't think the young guys/agents like being part of try-outs and publicly being cut, not to mention taking up two consecutive summers.
You are absolutely right. I always thought the tryout thing was stupid but I did like having a pool of guys that worked out together under USA basketball in the summer. I would imagine playing/practicing with and against some of the top young talent would help guys more than random hoop sessions in the summer. At least that's what Kobe and Bron were saying.

What a game bro. Watched both semis games and it was a treat.

What a game. One of my closest friends had floor seats next to Melo. He was talking to him about how they don’t know how to hit the pick and pop guy . How the usa guys don’t play as physical as needed for Fiba standards. Was talking to Halliburton in particular .JJJ should live with taking those pops. JJJ was invisible . I was seated behind the bench and the voices out there was Mikal ant and BP. But Mikal was sounding hella corny for some reason.

The game was tight and Dennis was controlling the pace .Watching live you can see how he trolls players talking trash and getting in their head. Also appreciate in person how he navigates arounds screens on defense . They were attacking the press and not just looking to cross but looking to score. Franz was out there gliding and playing hard He looks to be around 6’10 too.. Obst was looking like prime jj reddick and those fiba screens help. Full sprint square , shoot it’s cash. He needs an NBA look. USA really had no system.

E2530FBD-3D9B-4991-AA01-7340F5BC0D69.jpeg

First game seats weren’t as nice so i couldn’t hear the **** DB was saying this game.
Shai getting two legit fouls early on took out his flow. Had canada playing from behind too early . Cant really depend on RJ. the back up pg who’s about 5’10 stank the floor up.

serbia runs perfect sets man. The timing of the screens and cuts is immaculate. Pass, cut , kickout. They know how to use angles on screens . Their 7 footer would get great looks due to side pick and rolls and high lows. They know angles too well.Bogdan is skinny in person but his arms are long af and made some crazy shots. He’s also a gamer man. Overall easily the best day for me as a basketball fan.

BDAC640E-945A-4C15-99DE-14782ABA5DA1.jpeg

You are absolutely right. I always thought the tryout thing was stupid but I did like having a pool of guys that worked out together under USA basketball in the summer. I would imagine playing/practicing with and against some of the top young talent would help guys more than random hoop sessions in the summer. At least that's what Kobe and Bron were saying.
I think when the top best players in the world are spending their off-seasons with Team USA taking part in try-outs and tourneys, the rest of the USA players shut up and follows suit. Timing was on Team USA's side then.

Maybe it'll take a punch to the face in the Olympics to really change things up again.

I think when the top best players in the world are spending their off-seasons with Team USA taking part in try-outs and tourneys, the rest of the USA players shut up and follows suit. Timing was on Team USA's side then.

Maybe it'll take a punch to the face in the Olympics to really change things up again.

Which is likely to happen if things don't change.

If we send this team to the OLY next year, we wont make it out of the preliminary pool.
Giannis, LUKA, FRANCE, JOKIC will be there....

Rus got jokes.

USA falling behind the African and European continents.

Alarms are going off in the Pentagon right now.

Jokic won't have the impact a healthy Ben Simmons would have

But the Olympics gonna take part in the middle of socialite season, in Paris. That is Ben's favorite time of year, he gonna be at full power

But we will see I guess
Simmons after his Fashion Week runs next year

1651240536060-png.2963980

May need to send in his C team replacement to compete for those Fake gold medals

I am curious to see why some players didn't play in this tournament, instead of dicking around in the summer....
KLAY (dude is hooping all ****ing summer anyways at the gym)
BAM ( Dude been MIA)
BOOK ( Dude is still young and need to re-up for the chip)
JB ( Overrated, but could have helped)
Tatum( he can get runs at the gym, then he can play here)
AD ( ohh forget hes fragile hahaha)
LAMELO ( ???)
Lamelo? you kiddin?

Kessler has been like JJJ this whole tourney but with less touch. He’s always out of position and getting out muscled even more than JJJ.

If you watched the games the best post defender and rebounder as a big has been Banchero

I still got Team USA as the 2nd favorite for the Olympics behind Australia (given that Simmo suits up for them)
Ben Simmons? Lol. Nah, that ain’t happening. Would take a lot fence-mending for that to happen. Ben Simmons would need to beg and plead to get on to that squad. That program is not fond of him at all.

Kessler has been like JJJ this whole tourney but with less touch. He’s always out of position and getting out muscled even more than JJJ.

If you watched the games the best post defender and rebounder as a big has been Banchero
I respect that you’re there bro but kessler played 40 minutes in 7 games

Ain’t no way you can have such a pointed take off 5 min a game

Usa ain’t falling behind

They just don’t have their best playing in this tournament
Send in the Marines. The few, the proud.

They won’t crack under pressure like Ben Simmons.

Have David Robinson and Tim Duncan come back and Coach Carter dis ish.

Sad when I see a situation in which I can appreciate the presence of a Draymond.

Back
Top Bottom