The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-0 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Speaking of murals, there is still a huge Steven Adams mural in OKC, across from the 2nd most expensive apartments in town in the most expensive zip code in general (Film Row, which is just west of downtown business district), ironically overlooking multiple homeless encampments, the City mission, and shelters. You literally might walk out the garage of your $2200 2 bedroom and have to step over human excrement or a whole *** human sleep on the stairs of the garage. It's crazy/

1709140975899.jpeg
2200 for 2 bedrooms sounds cheap as hell compared to Toronto. :lol:

Kobe was easily the biggest thing in LA sports for a while. The NFL was gone from LA during most of his career. The Dodgers were mostly mid during the same period.

USC football under Pete Carroll got pretty big, but that was only like 3 year period.

Kobe was really was the brightest light in the LA sports scene for maybe a decade. I think that’s part of why he’s so beloved here now.

This is why people need to stop taking their one opinion too serious. :lol:

lets be honest the venn diagram of people who think Kober Bryant is the greatest basketball player of all time and super Kobe fans is like 1:1.:lol:

so maybe its true that his biggest super fans are the only ones thinking rationally about Kobe's goat status.
but somehow i doubt it.

lets be honest the venn diagram of people who think Kober Bryant is the greatest basketball player of all time and super Kobe fans is like 1:1.:lol:

so maybe its true that his biggest super fans are the only ones thinking rationally about Kobe's goat status.
but somehow i doubt it.

There's former and I'd imagine some current NBA players that have Bean as their GOAT.

Im in LA right now, and I have to say, haven't been here since Kobe died.

If an alien came down to LA they would assume that people of this land worship a deity named Kobe Bryant.

I know he died but man I don't think any athlete in a city would generate the amount of tributes/murals/ and shrines as Kobe has.
he is the goat for LA folks and we will fight for it
but yeah we love Kobe, like no other athlete has been loved before
its really beautiful

There’s also a large number of cars in LA that have Kobe inspired paint job, license plates or plate frames, etc.

And I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Kobe murals as far out as spots in the Inland Empire and Orange County.
dog i see them out in the high desert/palmdale area too

There's former and I'd imagine some current NBA players that have Bean as their GOAT.

Sure and I think they are huge Kobe fans.

Kobe def has to be one of the most popular players with current former players.

Way more NBA players seem to confess to being giant Kobe fans than LeBron for example.

but somehow i doubt it.

I'm not even gonna get into Kobe's rank with a Kobe hater cuz that's just gon end in talking circles but enough people that know basketball and played in the actual NBA have Kobe top 5-10 so you acting surprised about his popularity is weird. :lol:

You're surprised a dude that won 5 chips in a one city, one of the best basketball players ever that tragically passed with his daughter is beloved?

It basically sound like you seeing Kobe face everywhere and you mad about it.

Is Portland that much better than Milwaukee?

No shots. Never been to either city but doesn’t seem like one would be significantly better than the other. Seems like that is more related to his divorce and his family being elsewhere.

where dame has a home, yeah.

oregon is truly a beautiful state. he was right on a lake in a ritzy *** part of town with access to lots more than he has in milwaukie (even though he never visited the oregon coast until like 2 yrs ago)

Back
Top Bottom