The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Just some kids from Akron and teammates next year? Haha. But imagine if Steph was giving Lebron some props and said “that dark skin mofo” :rofl:
View attachment 3233811

It's bad enough we do colorism...even more weird when we let white people in on the light skin darkskin conversation. Giving them the greenlight to get comfortable. 'so since you've brought it up, I've always wanted to ask why do all darkskin people do this... '

I had an old friend, is Mexican/Korean and used to say Steph just seems so much softer compared to bron because he's light skin. I checked dawg

Because Booker says constantly he doesn't like the comparison, people should stop making them, and Kobe is a legend.

Tatum does **** like this....

Screen_Shot_2022_06_05_at_1.31.27_PM.png
He too busy Cosplaying a Mexican

In 2000 he was.

Outside of that I called him Jaylen Brown. That's tame.

Yup. Whole discussion was initially based around Kobe and Tatum's first finals after Rusty brought up Tatum's tardiness compared to Kobe being 22. Then the conversation in true NT fashion went all the way to career legacies.

In 2000 he was.

Outside of that I called him Jaylen Brown. That's tame.
That season he was 2nd team all NBA, you wanna know which other guard was, Allen Iverson.

He was also first team all defense.

He was the Lakers primary ball handler, and took the toughest defensive assignment on the 1-3.

Lakers don't win game 7 against Portland without him. He got hurt in the finals, cameback early, and saved him in OT of game 4.

So please spare me.

If you taste pocket sand in your mimosas this weekend. Know it was me.

That season he was 2nd team all NBA, you wanna know which other guard was, Allen Iverson.

He was the Lakers primary ball handler, and took the toughest defensive assignment on the 1-3.

Lakers don't win game 7 without him. He got hurt in the finals, cameback early, and saved him in OT of game 4.

So please spare me.

TIL the Lakers played 7 games in 2000 NBA finals

Tatum soft and scary af. Kobe ain't even been that. Y'all gotta stop comparing these soft dudes to bean just cuz they shoot faders and say they watched him play. That ain't enough. KB was a 1 off

Yup. Whole discussion was initially based around Kobe and Tatum's first finals after Rusty brought up Tatum's tardiness compared to Kobe being 22. Then the conversation in true NT fashion went all the way to career legacies.
Well that’s a natural progression in the discussion

Just because you accomplish xyz at 20 something, what does that ultimately mean for the future since we’re talking about former players to begin with established legacies

Lakers don't win game 7 without him. He got hurt in the finals, cameback early, and saved him in OT of game 4.

So please spare me.

You're not acting in good faith Rusty. Slandering Tatum to get back at the Booker slander is not the way.

I never said Kobe didn't contribute, but he wasn't the deciding factor in winning that Finals series. Shaq was. My entire post was that Kobe won from being the #2 option with Shaq who was the clear cut #1 player on the team and in the league.

Unless you believe Jaylen Brown is a glorified role player.

I honestly don't dislike Tatum

Even as a Lakers fan, and in turn a Boston hater. I legit love watching him play.

I just wanted to get a joke off because mans was doing to much with the Kobe stuff last time.

He has to win it this year though. The slander with rain down on him from all corners if they don't. And a lot of it will be deserved given how good Boston looks this year.

You could have swapped Kobe out for a good handful of other scorers/wings during those runs and the result wouldn't have been any different.

The most distrubing thing about Kobe fans is the way they've rewritten the narrative about those years. Kobe was great and had a lot of special moments and improved greatly as time went along, but he was the firm no.2 for those rings. Shaq was maybe the most dominant player we've ever seen during that run, and it gets swept under the rug because of the "real hooper" narratives that pervade current discourse.

But I was there. Most of y'all were there. We Know the truth.

"Jigga Man is diesel when I lift the eight up"

0mjofL568z969JGHbQfwnRkVRrjkIAZ0YcdqJBunM38.jpg

Devin Booker is black

IMG_8133.jpeg
And his mother is Latina. She is Mexican American

His grandfather is Mexican. He immigrated to American from Mexico.

So Devin Booker has Mexican heritage, .

You do know there are black Latinos, that a black person in America can be Hispanic too, right?

Or did you take the same social studies classes as ninjahood ninjahood ?

Last edited:
You could have swapped Kobe out for a good handful of other scorers/wings during those runs and the result wouldn't have been any different.

The most distrubing thing about Kobe fans is the way they've rewritten the narrative about those years. Kobe was great and had a lot of special moments and improved greatly as time went along, but he was the firm no.2 for those rings. Shaq was maybe the most dominant player we've ever seen during that run, and it gets swept under the rug because of the "real hooper" narratives that pervade current discourse.

But I was there. Most of y'all were there. We Know the truth.

"Jigga Man is diesel when I lift the eight up"

0mjofL568z969JGHbQfwnRkVRrjkIAZ0YcdqJBunM38.jpg
A lot of those if not all those other scorers/wings probably don’t go to the finals 3 straight years and get 2 rings as the number 1 like Kobe did, post Shaq

You're not acting in good faith Rusty. Slandering Tatum to get back at the Booker slander is not the way.

I never said Kobe didn't contribute, but he wasn't the deciding factor in winning that Finals series. Shaq was. My entire post was that Kobe won from being the #2 option with Shaq who was the clear cut #1 player on the team and in the league.

Unless you believe Jaylen Brown is a glorified role player.
What slandering do I do of Tatum besides jokes about the Kobe cosplay stuff?

Dudes in here make all kinds of bad faith, and weirdo criticisms of Booker. See this page.

You said in 2000 Kobe was a glorified role player. He wasn't. He was the #2, not debating that. But you acting like dude was the equivalent of Horny or Shaw. When he was the clear #2, a star in the league, and an important piece on the team that couldn't just be easily replaced.

Jaylen Brown is not a glorified role player. I wouldn't call him that.

A lot of those if not all those other scorers/wings probably don’t go to the finals 3 straight years and get 2 rings as the number 1 like Kobe did, post Shaq
This is the sleight of hand Kobe fans do...He only went to 3 straight finals once he got a superb supporting cast. He didn't make it out of the first round in fact until Pau came along.

That version of the Lakers was a team that had three seven footers in it and had elite guys despite how people downplay the talent of those teams.

And props to Kobe. He's a top 20 player of all-time. But I was there. Teams wing rings, and Kobe was fortunate to be drafted to the greatest franchise in the league in a city that everyone is desperate to live. He was no. 2 to Shaq and the difference between him and Pau for those second rings is far less than the distance between him and Shaq on those first two.

In fact, Kobe stole Pau's final MVP in 2010. Kobe was shooting Jalen Green numbers from the field while Pau was outplaying KG on both ends.

Back
Top Bottom