The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-0 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

This is a much different thing than someone saying they had to trade for Beal.

Also, even when I asked you directly, you couldn't really give an answer on what was the better move
It’s pretty pointless to ask me what a better move was when half of the trades that are discussed never see the light of day :lol:. Just because I personally don’t know isn’t proof of anything here. You can continue to defend the trade and I can continue to not like it. I’m fine with that

It’s pretty pointless to ask me what a better move was when half of the trades that are discussed never see the light of day :lol:. Just because I personally don’t know isn’t proof of anything here. You can continue to defend the trade and I can continue to not like it. I’m fine with that
This is a silly post.

But anyway

You can not like the trade

And can not like strawman arguments

It is what it is I guess 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I think there was a world where a team would've traded useful parts for Chris Paul and his contract. But the Suns would've had to wait until the trade deadline for it.

I think there was a world where a team would've traded useful parts for Chris Paul and his contract. But the Suns would've had to wait until the trade deadline for it.
They would have had to punt on this season to do that.

Because keeping Paul puts them over the second apron still I believe.

So it would still be only minimums they could offer.

They would have had to punt on this season to do that.

Because keeping Paul puts them over the second apron still I believe.

So it would still be only minimums they could offer.
Ya, they would've been in the second apron. I think it's worth a discussion what Paul and all the draft picks they gave the Wizards could've fetched if they waited.

Don’t think it’s impossible that they could’ve done better than Beal :lol:

But CP himself isn’t better, Jordan Pool isn’t better, and I’m not necessarily sure CP is fetching you multiple useful pieces either.

End of the day, I don’t really see how the deal is make or break, and still think they’re gonna be a pain in the *** for someone come playoff time.

Ya, they would've been in the second apron. I think it's worth a discussion what Paul and all the draft picks they gave the Wizards could've fetched if they waited.
Sure, maybe they should have waited. But I think that option only looks so appealing because of hindsight.

But during the summer the reporting that the Suns had three options generally. Beal, Poole, or cut and stretch Paul to get their tax payer mid level back.

Paul's value was greatly depreciated even with the appealing contract.

I think all things considered, if a team is in win now mode, rolling the dice on Beal would seem like the logical play all things considered.

Hindsight is 20/20 and anyone could Monday morning GM the Beal trade, but at the time it wasn't that nuts if you are deciding to move Paul in the summer.

Remember a couple summers ago they fell out over some trademark thing or another, guess they overcame it and made up.

Not sure this sort of work is safe around Ime or Kidd though.

All over IG is about Bron hitting 9 threes but Ted Cruz did that for the Suns like 5x this season. Despicable the slurpage Bron gets.

OKC is going to get cooked in the playoffs with their lack of rebounding, great team and well coached but their age shows late in games

Back
Top Bottom