The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

there are more injuries, and more injures to stars than ever. sa

1716223543690.png
i wonder why that is
i hope it is resolved,
would have been nice to see what the knickerbockers coulda done witha. healthy squad

8 rebs and 7ast with 2 stls, only 1 turnover. Gotta help in other ways if you struggling. Denver's whole defense was to double him. Kobe like game 7 vs Boston.

1716225435813.png

I'm sure you gave Harden and Tatum the same grace when they were doing other things to help the team while having a bad shooting night :lol:

Tatum going to 6 ECF with zero rings is nasty work. At least Lebron loses in the Finals. Tatum barely gets there lol.

But yes the league is trying hard to make him the face of the league. They tried to show a Kobe connection. His Mom’s story is heartfelt. But he just ain’t got it in the playoffs outside a couple good games he stepped up.

Even now his playoff stats are down.

Other than the abortion thing, what else undermines his mainstream marketability?

Like what?

And nothing has stopped the league from promoting him heavy this year.

He's not Devin Booker. :lol:

Only thing possibly stopping Ant from being the face of the league is Minnesota.

Minnesota ain't stopping him. Silver can. Wolves got barely any love with primetime slots. Let's be honest, it was pretty apparent, some folks in here and the majority outside of NT have NBA knowledge to the extent of the teams continually on ESPN/ABC and TNT. It's easily possible for a medium-sized market to have the face, it just comes down to exposure. The NBA chose to have every matchup between eventual 7 and 10 seeds on primetime because of LeBron and Steph. Once the Wolves win the Championship, they'll get their exposure and nothing will stop it unless Ant goes completely off the rails like Ja.

KG was definitely one of the faces in the league and was everywhere in the early to mid 2000's while he was in Minny so I don't think that's gonna hamstring much tbf.

His personality is gonna be what'll sell products rather than his proximity to a big market/franchise :lol:

Only thing possibly stopping Ant from being the face of the league is Minnesota. The IG girl stuff nobody cared about that, the gay joke went away after like 2 weeks.

He primed for that spot and the best thing is he's the only one that wants it. I think Ja wanted but he blew it. Zion ate himself out that spot. Luka is a dawg too but he's not relatable enough.
I'm just saying he can't let those things happen in the future.

The league doesn't want their stars to generate constant negative press.

So Ant gotta make sure he doesn't goof again.

We just gonna forget his defense and helping hold the champs to 37 points in the 2nd half?

Who would you say was the best individual defender for Minnesota last night?

@elpablo21

This is making HIM HIM 's point :lol:

Ppl pick and choose when context is given to a player's game

It's interesting. I've seen Embiid, Tatum, PG, etc. play great defense and put up a stinker offensively. We don't talk about their rebounds, assists, defensive effort :lol: Because they aren't likeable. I'm just saying the fact that guys like rolaholic rolaholic are tripping over themselves to defend Ant shows he's one of the most likeable players in the league. Not too many guys can dodge scrutiny for going 6-24 in a must-win game.

Last edited:
If you are a above the rim player your chances of being that guy in the league increases that much more imo. Hardcore fans love nuance and skill, but being a great athlete still sells the best as far as American audience goes. Ant is a high flyer. Just like Kobe/Jordan/Bron and even Wade/Carter/Tmac was. It sounds silly but I think its an important factor. I want to see an ariel assault

If he wanted context he can add it himself rather than looking to rile everyone up to turn on each and every young star breaking through these days using the same tactics that people complain about but still use selectively :lol:

Cats in here ignore context when it doesn't fit their narratives.

Now context matters?

SINCE WHEN DID THIS THREAD CARE ABOUT CONTEXT?

NT loves context until it's time to talk about GS or Jordan's Bulls. Then it's just ring talk.

Once I see people ignore context for a player I know he's the chosen one. Ant is that one.

Legendary moment by Pippen. I found a pair of Air Swifts for like $35 on sale at JC Penny. I had never really shopped there and had some time to burn waiting on this chick at the mall. Saw them on the shoe clearance rack and couldn’t believe it.

They need a retro!

If he wanted context he can add it himself rather than looking to rile everyone up to turn on each and every young star breaking through these days using the same tactics that people complain about but still use selectively :lol:

I don't want context. I want to be able to use zero context like everyone else does. Why am I being singled out for doing what's done every day in this thread :lol:

Back
Top Bottom