The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

All the teams left also have elite young talent as well... That's the constant.

7 teams in the top 10 of 3pfga didn't make the playoffs.

Mavs were tops in defense during the last stretch of the season, post trade. (A trade made to make the Mavs better defensively and better on the glass) Pacers? Indy is only here because of injuries to the other teams. They're the 2021 hawks.

Yeah Celtics, true. But they're on the clock big time. Inversely, the cowardly clippers too. So... *Shrugs*

All other teams playing basketball today have star players that are complimentary to each other's game.
You can flip that bottom 10 3PFGA rotation and say only 2 of those teams made it to the second round while 4 didn’t make the playoffs at all. The 3 ball isn’t going anywhere.

We are in the middle of a demographics shift more than anything else.

This is sad- you speaking out of both sides of your mouth lol

Edwards was one of the main reasons they came back. Elite defense and clutch buckets in the second half

He still hit 27 ppg on 50/37/84 splits on the series

Yeah Ant is definitely little MJ. That game was saved my Kat and Jaden McDaniels.

Imma let y'all rock though cause I hate Jokic and Denver so them failing was really all I wanted.

Yeah, I’m not changing my position on Rudy because the Wolves won this series. The Wolves are a defensive force because they have plus/elite defenders all over the floor with size and athleticism. Rudy is just part of that. He does his job and makes a difference. But as we’ve seen, the Wolves are often stifling on defense even when Rudy isn’t out there.

I’m sold on their team defense so I’m going with them in six against the Mavs.

Unless you work in the marketing department at the NBA offices, why does it matter who the "face" of the league is, what they look like, or where they're from?

With the exception of NFL, the major American sports leagues are truly global.

It's like when the NFL fans start posting ratings :lol:

Having said that, I have worked in marketing in the NBA so I will officially anoint Wemby as the face of the NBA.

It's like when the NFL fans start posting ratings :lol:

Having said that, I have worked in marketing in the NBA so I will officially anoint Wemby as the face of the NBA.
Washed weeps

He either gotta come to grips that it’s victor luka or Edwards or all 3 of em at the same Damb time

had pants had pants can you make this a meme like the Dlo one

436225049_837652831730445_7509527987678161548_n.jpg

Unless you work in the marketing department at the NBA offices, why does it matter who the "face" of the league is, what they look like, or where they're from?

It SHOULDN’T matter. It should be about the team/sport. This is what I’ve been saying all along.

But NBA fans are so driven by superstars/faces that it absolutely ends up mattering.

Literally half of NBA fans just follow one player city to city. No other sport does this here in America.

Washed weeps

He either gotta come to grips that it’s victor luka or Edwards or all 3 of em at the same Damb time

Bron, AD, Fox, Garland, Ant should all be All-Stars

Lakers just wasting Bron's greatness.

Firmly rooting for Ant and Minnesota.

I agree,

Firmly rooting for your son Ant to knock out Denver so he can earn the generational title people want to bestow on him.

Where can I get an Ant jersey B? I'm all in.

That's fine. I hope he is that star.

I'm not rooting against him.

:smh: :smh:

I'm pro Ant, Neutral Luka, and anti Wemby B. Why would I not want a black man from the south win?

Now Wemby? Yes I want that man to FAIL.

I remember the articles in the beginning of the season and us discussing it…

Not verbatim- “It’s going to be hard to make an international player the face”, “it has to be an American”, “blah, blah, blah”.

Well Silver must be thrilled to grant your wishes now guys.

nba is a story driven league. they need a main character. always been like that.
media heads need to find someone to talk about day in and day out.

If he’s supposed to replace Chuck eventually then I’m good with ending the show next season :smh:

league not ready for Goebert to wiin a chip. it would be cherry on top of the awards and accolades a lot of his peers don't think he deserved.
as much blame they (media and players) put on rudy, they need to give him his props. he was not played off the floor and in fact, was instrumental in their comeback and win.

And that’s the sad thing.

You guys were on your knees with rosary beads in your hands praying that Cooper Cupper from Maine would have been the one….

But Ant got there first.

Definitely would prefer to see Ant over Cooper Flagg. But it's definitely fun to champion Mr. Flagg, Patagonia, Yeti Coolers, Fords, and blonde haired milk maidens.

STAND UP AND STAND BY.

Just like I said for the thunder, I believe the same for this series: the Mavs can beat them and have no excuse not to

The only west team I felt like they couldn’t beat was the nuggets

They have the personnel, the shooting and enough size to overcome the wolves gameplanning

Maxi would be a bonus
Without a doubt.

Series gonna be a ton of fun. Will be interesting to see how the Wolves defend Luka.

McDaniels is great, but he's the kinda frame Luka tends to just overpower when he's healthy. Luka and Kai both torch heavy drop coverage so Rudy stuff gets a little weird.

Do they play KAT on the centers and Rudy on PJ/DJJ to let him roam a bit and just dare them to stay hot from three? That'd be my guess.

What's wrong with that formula? Isn't that what soccer does. People just followed around Ronaldo and Messi and rooted for whichever team they were on for the last 2 decades. Seemed to work for them :lol:

league not ready for Goebert to wiin a chip. it would be cherry on top of the awards and accolades a lot of his peers don't think he deserved.
as much blame they (media and players) put on rudy, they need to give him his props. he was not played off the floor and in fact, was instrumental in their comeback and win.
Biggest career shift since Dirk if Gobert wins the chip and helps France win gold in Paris. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom