The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 2-0 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

The NBA got a whole commercial with multiple players praising Ant like he's already the best player. Adam Silver says a face of the NBA matters. :lol:

He's the only one that has the total package from a marketing/relatable standpoint.

Which was a huge success. Amazing. The players cared about about than the MLB.

But the Caribbean is part of North America man :lol:

Outside of North America - it’s Venezuela and a couple Asian countries.

That’s as far as the MLB goes man.
the netherlands and the dutch are in europe

>D

but you also had other european teams in the WBC

MLB® The Show™ - REP YOUR NATION IN MLB® THE SHOW™ 23 WITH WORLD BASEBALL  CLASSIC™

I think people jumping the gun on Ant being the face of the league

He is likable, but some of the stuff he does undermines his mainstream marketability

If he wins a chip and has a good stretch of no bad PR incidents, then yeah.

He is likable, but some of the stuff he does undermines his mainstream marketability

THEY def have drafts written up about him not liking the geighs and being anti-christian (pro abortion)

The Gobert trade might have been prescient

given how the league is now, if you draft a young star player it might be smarter to make win now moves earlier

because with the injuries and cap and the uncertainty of the draft. you just never know.

like OKC in hindsight should have made the win now move. You don't know what the future holds, SGA is good enough to be the main guy on a championship winning team.

no sense in making more draft picks or praying people stay healthy when you can win today.

Would have been premature to do anything before working Chet into the system imo.

Their 'win now move' window starts this off season.

But going forward with the new cap rules though i think teams are far less likely to take a swing like the Wolves did with Rudy.

It’s going to be hard to have a singular face like we used to. Just market the players which they’ve done a good job doing so. They let ant be ant. Tatum does it his way. SGA does it his way. Jokic taking endorsements now

Everything is good
You can argue it’s never been a singular face of the NBA. There has always been multiple faces of the league. However, someone always separates themselves at the top. Mainly due to just being a cut above the rest. The only person who could potentially theoretically be that person would be Wemby if his prime is what we think it can be imo. But we’ll see

Y’all are out here confusing Dominicans with Puerto Ricans and not knowing the Caribbean is in North America

And you want me to have this conversation..

Pshhh :smh:

(See me in the MLB thread if you want to talk. I’m done with this here).

You can argue it’s never been a singular face of the NBA. There has always been multiple faces of the league. However, someone always separates themselves at the top. Mainly due to just being a cut above the rest. The only person who could potentially theoretically be that person would be Wemby if his prime is what we think it can be imo. But we’ll see
there was the bird/magic rivalry largely based on historic franchises and continuity. Then we had the Jordan era, you knew the bulls would be there. You knew the lakers would be there somehow when Shaq and Kobe were playing. If not them then it was the spurs. Then we had Bron/curry

We’ve had 5 different champions the last 5 seasons. The old days are over.

The way the cap is, and the the amount of injuries with the 82 games and how physically demanding it is now

I don't think we are gunna see a lot of dynasties. it would take insane luck.

more and more championships are gunna be decided by who is healthy at the end.

and younger players who are healthy are gunna win more rings.
championships are always decided by whos healthy :lol:
lakers when they lost to celtics had an injured bynum
warriors when they lost a couple times had injuries to durant and klay
lebron lost in the finals when kyrie was injured

idk why ppl acting like playing basketball alot is bad for NBA players :lol:

Other than the abortion thing, what else undermines his mainstream marketability?

Like what?

And nothing has stopped the league from promoting him heavy this year.

Back
Top Bottom