The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Like what?

And nothing has stopped the league from promoting him heavy this year.
send da video.jpg

Capture.PNG

Mind you this guy is a Knicks-Nuggets fan, but I never thought about the NBA being like the MLB too.
Whoever wins this championship everyone will discredit because of all the injuries. Then they’ll be called frauds. Then if they lose the next year people will say see they weren’t REAL champions. Goalposts are always moved

It’s going to be hard to have a singular face like we used to. Just market the players which they’ve done a good job doing so. They let ant be ant. Tatum does it his way. SGA does it his way. Jokic taking endorsements now

Everything is good

:lol: @ you keep saying everything is good. Nobody saying the league is in danger.

But outta that group you just named who would say stands out from a marketing standpoint?

Ya'll like a new random champion every year or do you prefer that one dominant/dynasty team (Spurs/Lakers/Heat/Warriors) winning 2+ chips in a span of 5 years or so

Ya'll like a new random champion every year or do you prefer that one dominant/dynasty team (Spurs/Lakers/Heat/Warriors) winning 2+ chips in a span of 5 years or so
Random if its not my team :lol:
Its nice to see teams like Toronto, Cleveland and Denver that never won win a chip......also teams that havent won in 50 years like Milwaukee

Last edited:
Well I guess our definition of global is different. At best mlb games are being watched in like 10 countries. The NBA is global, european soccer leagues are global because most of the world watches the games
yep and the youth of those countries has a chance to compete in an actual tourney outside of the youth olympics) where they can say they are WORLD champions (llws) .
world champions sounds a lot better than global champions
word to noah lyles

Like what?

And nothing has stopped the league from promoting him heavy this year.
He had to issue public apologies in 2022 and 2023.

One for the homophobic video he posted on IG, and the other for when the messages of him be mean to the chick he wanted to get an abortion

He is being marketed heavy because people have short memories.

But I am sure Silver doesn't want him to cause anymore negative PR for the league in that way while he is getting a marketing push.

A couple time people will right it off as just a you g guy doing dumb ****. But if it becomes a regular thing then a bad reputation might stick to him.

:lol: @ you keep saying everything is good. Nobody saying the league is in danger.

But outta that group you just named who would say stands out from a marketing standpoint?
Tatum. He’s got the most endorsements deals and has had the most success. But he hasn’t won yet. It’s going to be hard to push one guy with the way parity has been recently

He had to issue public apologies in 2022 and 2023.

One for the homophobic video he posted on IG, and the other for when the messages of him be mean to the chick he wanted to get an abortion

He is being marketed heavy because people have short memories.

But I am sure Silver doesn't want him to cause anymore negative PR for the league in that way while he is getting a marketing push.

A couple time people will right it off as just a you g guy doing dumb ****. But if it becomes a regular thing then a bad reputation might stick to him.

Personally I think we can look past both of those things considering NBA fans looked past Kobe's actions in Denver.

Ant's actions were low brow, but not crimes.

Ants dodging those homophobic jokes and begging that chick for an abortion.

But yes, Adam will definitely do all he can to keep Ant in check going forward.

I'm not have this mother****ing conversation with you again

Go teach some long division

We've had this conversation before?

School year is cooked, 95% of my kids are exam exempt cause they tested out cause I was in my bag this year. I got 3 kids in here b it's study hall until graduation on Thursday.

Tatum. He’s got the most endorsements deals and has had the most success. But he hasn’t won yet. It’s going to be hard to push one guy with the way parity has been recently

Tatum barely gets MVP talk. :lol:

He got the most deals cuz he been in the league longer but he's not more marketable than Ant. Ant's game and personality flashes more.

Let Minnesota win 64 games next year, Ant is winning MVP.

Honestly who cares who the face of the league is

All these dudes are marketable both in the states and globally.

Regardless of their level of immaturity, kids will still be buying their kicks/jerseys

Sidenote

Tatum's Sofi ad is low-key one of the nastiest things out

Fambs telling black people go build generational wealth by doing business with a corporate bank. What kind of Reconstruction Era marketing is that :smh:

The same bank that wanted to sue the Biden Administration over student loan pause and later forgiveness because it would cost him millions as a result of less people taking out refinancing loans with them.

Not even touching the way it kinda erases his dad from his upbringing.

I rather hear Shai and Chet do another duet

Only thing possibly stopping Ant from being the face of the league is Minnesota. The IG girl stuff nobody cared about that, the gay joke went away after like 2 weeks.

He primed for that spot and the best thing is he's the only one that wants it. I think Ja wanted but he blew it. Zion ate himself out that spot. Luka is a dawg too but he's not relatable enough.

Back
Top Bottom