The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 1-0 in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

TBJ is fine for a 10-15 MPG backup role when Bron returns. He plays mostly responsible basketball. Lonnie is a heat check guy and nothing more.
But a guy who can hit 3s and/or get his own shot when this offense has the tendency to go stale for stretches is pretty important

Damn that honeymoon didn't last

Screenshot_20230325-001644.png

Not my words but accurate. Porzingis, Wood, Dinwiddie, Kyrie etc. Maybe Luka needs to adjust his game .

Jokic’s defense is still worse than Embiid's :lol:. Not to mention Giannis. Nuggets have been doing a better job of hiding him lately
Jokic and Embiid are both FOOD in PnR and similarly not good at rim protecting. Embiid tricked y’all. Giannis doesn’t belong in this convo at all.

Jokic and Embiid are both FOOD in PnR and similarly not good at rim protecting.
They're not 'similarly not good' at rim protecting. Opponents shoot better than average against Jokic at the rim and worse than average against Embiid. And they hunt Jokic more often at the rim

It’s just not a good mix. Too similar.

Now if you were to bring up Giannis.

I’d say “possible”…

3B357645-272E-4CEC-9350-157F43C879AF.jpeg
Are they? Jokic usage rate is pretty low. He touches the ball alot but doesn't hold onto it like Luka. He'd work fine off ball with him imo and that PnR with those two is cooooooking

How you build defensively around them is the bigger thing to solve imo

But a guy who can hit 3s and/or get his own shot when this offense has the tendency to go stale for stretches is pretty important
It is, but they got enough guards now, I think. You could convince me Lonnie deserves playing time over Beasley if he continues his shooting slump.

A competent 3&D forward like TBJ is much more important to balance the rotation.

Are they? Jokic usage rate is pretty low. He touches the ball alot but doesn't hold onto it like Luka. He'd work fine off ball with him imo and that PnR with those two is cooooooking

How you build defensively around them is the bigger thing to solve imo

Luka isn’t working off the ball. That’s never going to happen.

TBJ is fine for a 10-15 MPG backup role when Bron returns. He plays mostly responsible basketball. Lonnie is a heat check guy and nothing more.
Vando’s mins are guaranteed and then depending on the matchup you’ll need to run another big - Gabriel or whoever you sign.

Adding Brown gives you a trio of guys who do nothing offensively & his defense is hardly good enough to guarantee mins. I wouldn’t do it. Good luck.

It is, but they got enough guards now, I think. You could convince me Lonnie deserves playing time over Beasley if he continues his shooting slump.

A competent 3&D forward like TBJ is much more important to balance the rotation.
I like TBJ too but Beasley has done nothing for his minutes to be guaranteed over Lonnie. They give you similar output so ride the hot hand nightly. Make them compete

Back
Top Bottom