The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

I agree with this. I don’t think he’s the answer but I don’t think he’s going to get you the guy to get you over the hump. Just gotta hope they figure it out
Assuming the team comes back, they are probably going to be the betting favorites to come out of the East next year.

Jays should both improve and the coaching will obviously improve as well.

Just don’t see how there is a better option out there than running it back, unless there’s someone I’m completely missing that could be available for Jaylen.

New CBA gonna be a disaster. Will be changed in a few years.

Hurts both the players and teams. They targeted two super rich owners and ended up affecting like 80% of the league

Last edited:
Tatum and Brown both soft. Can’t have two soft dudes leading the charge. When things aren’t going their way, they start pouting. Horrible body language when things aren’t clicking

New CBA gonna be a disaster. Will be changed in a few years.

Hurts both the players and teams. They targeted two super rich owners and ended up affecting like 80% of the league
Finally got around to listening to the Simmons/Russillo segment about it.

It boggles my mind how this was actually agreed to. It hurts everyone besides the 2-3 owners.

It completely screws teams that draft and develop homegrown talent that become good.

I mean what is the potential deal? Is it then gonna bring in someone that’s going to put me in the same position financially in a year?

I just don’t really get how it would be wise to intentionally make your team worse immediately when you’re one of like 4-5 teams that has a realistic shot at winning a title.
I think they should just sign Jaylen to the supermax and give it a go until 2025. Then make a decision because that's when the Jays supermaxes kick in.

They'll lose Grant Williams and Payton Pritchard, but everybody else is locked in the next two years.

B Sox B Sox I don’t know the answer but I guess what P suggested is a reasonable if everyone is locked in. I was just disappointed in their ECF performance so I’m probably hot taking

I wouldnt call either of them soft.

But idk how many times you can run it back. How much better are you really going to get?

ages 25 and 26.
hard to split good all nba talent at those ages
and their core group is pretty much locked in for a few years
I get the hesitancy surrounding breaking them up in their primes especially when having them guarantees you a top seed in the conference and a chance each year but is Boston really gonna sign up to lock 2 guys down to a 600M commitment by next season?

Think it would be diligent exploring the market for JB this offseason at least before potentially tying themselves down long term.

Thats really how every team the Heat faced in the playoffs lost.

They have elite role players that play better than some teams stars.
If the role players are outplaying the stars in all the marbles situations it's sounds like the metrics being used to determine who's a star need to be tweaked :lol:

Who would the Celtics trade JB for?

200717-james-harden-se-1145a.jpg

JT and JB aren’t soft they just need to spend more time in the offseason strengthening their strengths and reducing their weaknesses. I know both guys put in work in the offseason but each has glaring weaknesses that have cost them the last two seasons. JB needs to work on his handle or at the very least develop a go to handle in tough spots. JT needs to commit to improving his handle but also work on his midrange game. JT could be a marksman in the midrange if he would look to develop that so his game isn’t so one dimensional. Either he’s driving or shooting step back threes. He could feast off the Kobe/MJ/Kawhi drive and pull up game.

I get the hesitancy surrounding breaking them up in their primes especially when having them guarantees you a top seed in the conference and a chance each year but is Boston really gonna sign up to lock 2 guys down to a 600M commitment by next season?

Think it would be diligent exploring the market for JB this offseason at least before potentially tying themselves down long term.
Jaylen's salary is already locked in for next season and Tatum can's sign an extension until next summer anyways. So it doesn't impact the team until two years from now.

It'll be easier to trade Jaylen with four years left on his contract as opposed to one, more than likely.

B Sox B Sox I don’t know the answer but I guess what P suggested is a reasonable if everyone is locked in. I was just disappointed in their ECF performance so I’m probably hot taking

I wouldnt call either of them soft.

But idk how many times you can run it back. How much better are you really going to get?
It's obviously easy to get caught up in the disappointing series, but if you zoom out a bit, they are in the finals last year, and one game from it this year, both with first year head coaches. Tatum and Brown have both shown improvement every year. Tatum especially from a playmaking perspective, which is what you need out of your top guy. Was pretty obvious to see last night how everything went to **** when they couldn't run the offense through him after the injury.

Guess my argument is that the team itself doesn't necessarily need to take some gigantic leap. They're already a championship contending team. Some things do need to be tightened up, but that seems pretty doable. The coaching improvement is definitely going to be significant by adding vet coaches to the staff, which they simply couldn't do last summer because of the timing. Mazz will get better himself too just based off the experience of this year.

Back
Top Bottom