The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

A tough spot, how so? Miracle run?

Since Jimmy Butler joined the C U L T U R E…
4 Playoff Appearances
3 Eastern Conference Finals Appearances
2 NBA Finals Appearances

All jokes aside, if your NY Knicks have had a run like this, what would your outlook be?

Every year since the Heatles have broken up, y’all have had the same commentary about them needing to blow everything up. I don’t see how they’re going to figure this out. They’re never going to be relevant again. Yet every season Pat Riley and company figure it out.

I fully expect the Godfather go all in and try to get himself a big whale this offseason.

Nah I think Riley and the Heat are a model franchise. They know what they’re doing. I respect them. I just don’t know they get better right now. Maybe you guys do make it to the Finals again.

But how do they get better? Pat Riley is a genius but he can’t work miracles.

A tough spot, how so? Miracle run?

Since Jimmy Butler joined the C U L T U R E…
4 Playoff Appearances
3 Eastern Conference Finals Appearances
2 NBA Finals Appearances

All jokes aside, if your NY Knicks have had a run like this, what would your outlook be?

Every year since the Heatles have broken up, y’all have had the same commentary about them needing to blow everything up. I don’t see how they’re going to figure this out. They’re never going to be relevant again. Yet every season Pat Riley and company figure it out.

I fully expect the Godfather go all in and try to get himself a big whale this offseason.
I’m still rooting for y’all downfall lol

Jokes aside, Miami has been hitting on all the margins which is exceptional. Just need the stars to play like stars (yes I know. My glass house already broke)

Dame and Kyrie are on the same boat.
Kyrie has too much baggage and injuries for a team to give good assets for him.

Dame is also older and on a super max contract. They aren’t getting that much in return. Also Portland will probably do Dame a solid for his #loyalty and trade him to a place he wants

Silver...

judge-judy-time-is-money.gif

Teams like Miami can always go all in and trade future assets and still be decent. @BIG LEEMELONE loved that miami pick the clippers always gloated about .

They won’t ever be bad for a long time. Best coach in the league and great scouting will help you so much in the margins. They are also an elite FA destination . Might as well push forward and hope a second star lightens jimmy’s load and keeps him fresh.

Which year was it that the 76ers owned the Heat’s 1st Round Draft Pick and EVERY single talking head went on and on about how this was the most valuable trade asset because it was definitely going to be a Top 3 pick.

EYE remember @buc_em running around with his shirt off about it. EYE wouldn’t be surprised if amitt5504 amitt5504 was running right behind him as well.

Which year was it that the 76ers owned the Heat’s 1st Round Draft Pick and EVERY single talking head went on and on about how this was the most valuable trade asset because it was definitely going to be a Top 3 pick.

EYE remember @buc_em running around with his shirt off about it. EYE wouldn’t be surprised if amitt5504 amitt5504 was running right behind him as well.
We got that first in 2018 via the Zhaire trade. We traded that first 7 months later and it became an afterthought lol

No one thought it was gonna be a top pick. The pick was fully unprotected and that was the year rumored to allow HS to jump directly into the NBA. That’s why it was valuable

The Dame situation is interesting because if you’re choosing to trade him, you are admittedly rebuilding, but the teams with the high picks/young players that you want aren’t going to be willing to move them because they’re already rebuilding themselves.

It’s going to be a playoff team that only has a few middling picks and a good, not great youngish piece.

The Herro package or something like that is what it’s going to end up being.

Starting a rebuild with Herro as your highest paid player when you have Simons, Sharpe and presumably Scoot is wild to me but I guess I get it because he is the best player Miami has to offer.

Unless you are suggesting they trade Dame for the Herro package and also move the #3 for BI or something like that. Even so, Simons/Sharpe/Herro is ehhhh

That Miami pick was traded to the clippers in the Tobias trade.

Clippers traded it a few months later to get PG lol no one talks about it because OKC owns it and 12 other 1sts

We got that first in 2018 via the Zhaire trade. We traded that first 7 months later and it became an afterthought lol

No one thought it was gonna be a top pick. The pick was fully unprotected and that was the year rumored to allow HS to jump directly into the NBA. That’s why it was valuable

This is a lie. Zach Lowe, Bill Simmons, all those blog boys talked about that pick every chance they got.

I would think Portland would be willing to send Dame where wants to go.

i.e. KG.

But who knows.

Dame and Beal always come up every off season and nothing happens.

If the Heat trade for Lillard, that'll give them one (1) shot creator. So that's a plus.

Back
Top Bottom