The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 1-0 in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

he’s such a douche. Mr know it all.

Fridell is beyond bad. His stupid laugh.

I hate when these guys get in tv or the pod and are clueless of the details.
I don't mind Fridell besides when he rides for Jimmy. He gets on that horse all too often.

ESPN used to run the sports world but now the network is downright trash. Almost all of their shows are unwatchable. Everyone is loud, literally. Putting “hot chicks” as hosts doesn’t work as well.

Damn people getting future endeavored at ESPN like Vince McMahon running the show.

Surprised about Jalen and Van Gundy just due to their long tenures.

Could easily see JVG going to TNT to call games with his brother.

:lol: @ the idea of Screamin' A's job being in jeopardy.

ESPN would cease to exist before he gets fired.

Jimbo probably gone today

Even at $28.6MM who is making up the difference after Powell's $18MM contract? Mann, Zubac, RoCo and Batum are all $10-12MM expirings.

If it's after tomorrow then it has to be Marcus Morris' $17MM expiring. Does today or after change the amount of draft capital that Philadelphia would receive?

ESPN used to run the sports world but now the network is downright trash. Almost all of their shows are unwatchable. Everyone is loud, literally. Putting “hot chicks” as hosts doesn’t work as well.
EYE see what you did there
quotation-marks-chris-farley.gif

:smh:

Depends what you mean by albatross. I'm not sure if you're talking about years or numbers. I could live with $18MM for Duncan and $16MM for Bertans. The problem is that those deals were five years each!! So I definitely think that contracts for 4/5 years for guys of that caliber are gone (probably more 3, 2+1 and 3+1s).

So ultimately I don't think those "overpay" short-term deals for guys under 30 is bad at all. Talent/winning pieces are spreading out and guys are getting paid. Seems like everyone is getting what they want.

by “albatross” i’m referring to the overall number as opposed to years. i’m 100% on the side of players getting every penny they can and getting their bag

and at the same time, with the way this upcoming cba penalizes teams in that second apron (no sign and trade option, forfeiting MLE, first round pick being sent to the bottom) i envision GMs being more hesitant with signing role players to those $20-25 million/year contracts. i remember seeing harrison barnes 2016 contract and thinking “nba money is funny”

i could be completely wrong and some team might set the FA market by offering D’Lo $25 million per again :lol:

Sadly I don't think they can lay off Sage Steele because of her pending lawsuit, and it would make ESPN look even worse in court. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom