The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

You dont even know what you truly have with Green, Sengun, Amen, Jabari, Cam yet

It's been a solid 2 years. Ime coming in acting like they gotta win right away asap.

Its w.e I gave my 2 cents about w.e the Rockets FO thinks they're doing.
Why you think you ain’t know what you have with them. They had Kevin porter and whoever else “playing” point guard

When you suck, you definitely need things so idk what your line of reasoning is saying they don’t have needs lol

If they would have maxed jerami grant and James harden to long term deals you’d have a point

Otherwise they’re not on the hook for albatross contracts

They were linked to Harden as is.

They could've taken the "we'll take your bad contracts for picks" route. Like the competent F.O's with young rosters do.

There’s a two year deal, a 4 year deal, and all of their main young pieces. What exactly are they rushing right now?

You dont even know what you truly have with Green, Sengun, Amen, Jabari, Cam yet

It's been a solid 2 years. Ime coming in acting like they gotta win right away asap.

Its w.e I gave my 2 cents about w.e the Rockets FO thinks they're doing.
I get what you're saying. I think they are trying/want to hurry the rebuild but they can't even get that accomplished yet. I think they would have traded one of the young kids already but they've managed to dent the value of most of them so they might as well play it out.

The FO wants them to win now and it's been widely rumored and speculated on. It's the whole reason they cleared that much cap room. Bad teams usually don't do that. They usually improve internally and then branch out from there. That's usually the way it goes.

They had to spend the money. So what they did was whatever. It was clearly what they wanted to do. It'll probably work somewhat for some of the young pieces and not work at all for some.

Every offseason someone gets signed to a long term contract that’s “untradeable” and then tbey end up getting traded :lol:
The Brooks deal will definitely be untradeable. 2 years from now the rockets will see they have a bench player making 17-18 million. This deal runs past both Jabari and Jalen's rookie deals so if those boys make it to max territory the rockets will be looking to trade Brooks. Only problem with that is they will likely have to trade away another young player or draft pick to move him. It makes more sense to only give Brooks a 2 yr or a 2 yr + team option. Hell, it wouldnt be perfect but if you absolutely had to...give him a 3yr + 1. These are the types of deals that ruin a franchises success. They are ruining their flexibility.

What are they in a rush for? You still cant answer that question.

And since when is it "bad" to have more picks? Especially for a lottery team?
I answered that a while ago- teams that rushed it = wolves and Mavs. Rockets aren’t tied to any albatross deals

It’s not bad to have picks I’m saying you’re begging the rockets to take picks instead of competent player(s) who can actually coax out the potential of your young prospects

The Brooks deal will definitely be untradeable. 2 years from now the rockets will see they have a bench player making 17-18 million. This deal runs past both Jabari and Jalen's rookie deals so if those boys make it to max territory the rockets will be looking to trade Brooks. Only problem with that is they will likely have to trade away another young player or draft pick to move him. It makes more sense to only give Brooks a 2 yr or a 2 yr + team option. Hell, it wouldnt be perfect but if you absolutely had to...give him a 3yr + 1. These are the types of deals that ruin a franchises success. They are ruining their flexibility.
So one guy who will be 29 not even paid 20 m per by then is ruining the franchises flexibility

Thats a bit of a stretch

However I agree with everything else in that why offer 4 guaranteed years. Still not going to ruin much of anything for them

One month ago Dillon Brooks was being asked to pack up to China. Now he's competent.

You blew your load to win an extra 10 games and STILL stay in the lottery.
You have a horrible chance at your 2024 pick now.
You lack some future picks also, picks you coulda got by taking bad contracts.
You now have to use your lack of assets to possibly move off 1 or both of these players in 2 years.

So one guy who will be 29 not even paid 20 m per by then is ruining the franchises flexibility

Thats a bit of a stretch

However I agree with everything else in that why offer 4 guaranteed years. Still not going to ruin much of anything for them
I don't quite understand why you are defending the Rockets this strongly. I mean, hopefully they've begun to identify a plan and will begin working toward an actual goal here. They've done the worst job organizationally of the rebuilding teams and significantly lowered the value of several young players.

I think mere skepticism is almost a compliment.

We shall see though. Maybe they'll find some oddball success out of this.

I don't quite understand why you are defending the Rockets this strongly. I mean, hopefully they've begun to identify a plan and will begin working toward an actual goal here. They've done the worst job organizationally of the rebuilding teams and significantly lowered the value of several young players.

I think mere skepticism is almost a compliment.

We shall see though. Maybe they'll find some oddball success out of this.
Two players (one who only has 2 years) were added that has people acting like they traded everyone for rudy gobert

It’s not about defending anyone. Just seems like an overreaction

Two players (one who only has 2 years) were added that has people acting like they traded everyone for rudy gobert

It’s not about defending anyone. Just seems like an overreaction
I think they will get the benefit of the doubt if they prove they can begin making sound decisions. If this works somewhat or ok then everyone will start cutting them a little slack.

At least the rockets are trying.

That whole Jabari family’s main memory is dapping up Bron on Tik Tok 🤣🤣

Last edited:
1688284504370.png

1688284524355.png

1688284558739.png

1688284585561.png

1688284615765.png

Back
Top Bottom