The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 1-0 in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

1688286413402.gif

He said what he said

This Rockets slander is all over the place. They set the franchise back, they lowered the value of young guys, they will win 20 games next year, should have traded for picks and tanked, Jabari and Green might get the max during DB’s deal, they should have signed better bets to win more games, they don’t know what they have, they might win 35 game, etc. Got damn :lol:

Who knows what Green, Sengun, Jabari, Amen, Tari and even Whitmore are going to be in the end but the fact is that internal rebuilds take time. Historically speaking when you look at today’s current allstars there are only a few exceptions like Embiid, Tatum, Luka, etc who became allstars early which was in part because of team success. Most of them have developed through rebuilds on lottery/low-seeded teams. About that 4-5 season mark is when we have seen players brought into those environments blossom into all star level talent like Giannis, Steph, Klay, Joker, Jaylen Brown, Ingram, Wall, Beal, etc.

Even if we limit it to the regular season, the team success isn’t overnight either with the rare exceptions of Golden State (23 wins to 46 wins in a season) and Philly (28 wins to 52 wins in a season). But even during their rebuilds and to get to where they did they signed vets, traded players, missed on some picks and found some surprises along the way but that all took at least 5 seasons from their first big draft (Curry, Embiid) and progression.

I can not definitively said if the Rockets will find the championship success of the Warriors or become a perennial contender like the 76ers but bringing in Ime and signing FVV and Brooks are pushing the franchise in the right direction by beginning to help the locker room develop a winning mentality. Their contracts also lineup with the 4-5 year leap mark that the Rockets and fans hope the young core takes. These moves may scream “win now” but that’s purely based on numbers which isn’t indicative of the reality of what they are doing and building IMO.

I don't get what the Kings are doing this off-season. Sure they got rid of a bad contract (Holmes) but it cost a first round pick. All to re-sign Barnes, Lyles, give Sabonis a raise and bring in Duarte.

I don't get what the Kings are doing this off-season. Sure they got rid of a bad contract (Holmes) but it cost a first round pick. All to re-sign Barnes, Lyles, give Sabonis a raise and bring in Duarte.
I don' t get what a lot of these teams are doing. They are resigning the same players and they aren't making improvements. What team has really made improvements besides Houston?

I would've never given Brooks a dollar but FVV makes sense for the Rockets.
They had to spend the money, they could've spent it on worse and he should be a good vet for the kids.

Back
Top Bottom