The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Eligible now. I think the Celtics are negotiating to give him slightly less than the supermax, but more than anything other teams can offer.

This. Also, another sticking point seems to be the inclusion of a player option.

He can’t sign and be traded right? I don’t mess with the cap stuff

Correct. For one calendar year.

dr-umar-dr-umar-dance.gif

Generational

Moving JB only makes sense if you think he’s gonna force his way out in the middle of his deal.

He gets all the shots he wants & Boston makes the conference finals every year and just had a finals appearance so I don’t know where he’d even be asking to go.

JB will sign this next contract, then by the time he’s due for another extension/free agency Dame will be retired.

I’d sooner shop Brog/Rob/picks for Siakam or whoever.

Or better yet, just stand pat :lol:

Imagine

“Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard was reportedly interested in joining the Golden State Warriors before the Dubs traded for point guard Chris Paul.

ESPN's Ramona Shelburne reported that news on 95.7 The Game's Willard & Dibs show.”

Moving JB only makes sense if you think he’s gonna force his way out in the middle of his deal.

He gets all the shots he wants & Boston makes the conference finals every year and just had a finals appearance so I don’t know where he’d even be asking to go.

JB will sign this next contract, then by the time he’s due for another extension/free agency Dame will be retired.

I’d sooner shop Brog/Rob/picks for Siakam or whoever.

Or better yet, just stand pat :lol:

Their is a media/fan obsession to blow things up immediately without really much thinking about the future :lol: The "core" continuity the Celtics have will pay off for them in the next few years. Tatum and Brown are way too young to be talking about blowing it up.

Jaylen absolutely needs to tighten up those handles and his dribbling with his left, though :lol:

If I was Portland I'd take Jaylen Brown and that supermax. Sure he might not fit the timeline, but they're never getting a better player in free agency.

Top FAs dont go to Portland, not even when Dame was there.

I guess it’s no “bad” long term money. Could easily move both Brogdon and Horford.

Rob is an all defense caliber C on a bargain contract. Only 26 too. Might as well keep him.

I don’t see how anything could get done without JB though.
Also get Timelord’s cool wig collection as well

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
lillard's agent sending out warning letters about him being a bad choice to teams interested in him isnt a good look

Might be too early to call this a failed trade for OKC but if they miss the postseason for a 5th straight season…we’re gonna really have to start a dialogue.
Yeah they have made the playoffs but aside from that, this is just brutal.

OKC is trying to build for long term sustainability. That's the expressed goal. That comes from slow building.

I'm not saying you have to agree with it, but just maybe don't talk about it if you don't understand it?

looks like they got KOBE blessing the 2k24 cover this year

i hope they do something similar to 2k20 and how they released the Kobe 5 Protro Chaos

still one of my favorite pairs in the collection

I’d take the chance and trade for dame regardless of what he wants. He’s been a class act his whole career, nothing but professionalism. I don’t see dame stirring the pot if he’s traded to another contending situation that isn’t Miami.
Yea hard to believe Dame would squander all that good will and rep of being a professional, team 1st nice guy in the last couple years of his career…Woild be a waste of a decade to start wildin out now :lol: :smh:

He cares about his image and all that so he’ll play ball and continue to stay under the radar wherever he ends up …The chatter is just trade tactics

Yeah they have made the playoffs but aside from that, this is just brutal.

OKC is trying to build for long term sustainability. That's the expressed goal. That comes from slow building.

I'm not saying you have to agree with it, but just maybe don't talk about it if you don't understand it?
I think you may have just got HIM'd.

No way that's a failed trade.

Back
Top Bottom