The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

GOLD MEDAL> NBA TITLE> FIBA WORLD CUP TITLE.

People in the US think winning a NBA title is the elite of the elite in basketball, but winning a gold medal and ACTUALLY being a world champion IMO would be more satisfying , If I was a sports player.

Every sport in different. in football or soccer, winning a WORLD CUP is the pinnacle of the sport, since the OLY in reality is a UNDER -23 tournament..
Then we really gotta ask the players then.

Imo, that thing I been playing for since the day I turned pro [in the greatest league in the world] means more at the end of my playing days.

The medal is great ofc.

I'm willing to bet a majority of US-born NBA players cherish the NBA ring over a gold medal. I'm glad that the quality of international hoops is amazing now though.

^^^ AND I respect that. Everyone has different opinions and beliefs. I know to many Foreign born basketball players is the WC and Oly, that they would cherish most.

Lithuania for example shut down work for the last few games, before they lost and finish in 5th place I think.

GOLD MEDAL> NBA TITLE> FIBA WORLD CUP TITLE.

People in the US think winning a NBA title is the elite of the elite in basketball, but winning a gold medal and ACTUALLY being a world champion IMO would be more satisfying , If I was a sports player.

Every sport in different. in football or soccer, winning a WORLD CUP is the pinnacle of the sport, since the OLY in reality is a UNDER -23 tournament..

not to downplay the olympic medal but i’m sure charles barkley would trade both his olympic and FIBA gold medals for one NBA championship ring. played on the dream team, won two olympic golds and still gets clowned by shaq for not having an NBA title.

I'm willing to bet a majority of US-born NBA players cherish the NBA ring over a gold medal. I'm glad that the quality of international hoops is amazing now though.

NBA Players dont care about the Gold Medal, its cool, but its no NBA title.

not to downplay the olympic medal but i’m sure charles barkley would trade both his olympic and FIBA gold medals for one NBA championship ring. played on the dream team, won two olympic golds and still gets clowned by shaq for not having an NBA title.
Genius clyde the glide clyde the glide is rolling over in his grave reading this

YOU GUYS HAVE NO FREAKIN CLUE WHAT THESE MILLIONAIRES WANT!!11!!!!!

STOP TRYING TO RELATE!!!11—

Dense ***

Team USA shot 58/48/96...and still lost. Our focus shouldn't be on getting heavy volume, isolation scorers. When the US loses these international tournaments it's because of defense and rebounding, not lack of scoring. Marcus smart and Alex Caruso would add more value than elite, one way scorers.

I'm also sick of the US trying to play 4D chess and putting guards like Josh Hart in the front court. No wonder we get beat on the boards.

For next year's Olympics we should target Alex Caruso, Marcus Smart, Jayson Tatum, Bama Jarrett Allen, Evan Mobley and Kevon Looney.

Players will care if a generational player is all in on it. It happened with Kobe with the Redeem Team. All of a sudden all the stars committed because they wanted to play with him.

Wardell has that influence but he’s too big of a coward :smh:
He's said numerous times he wants to play and plans to in 24 chump

Looney on this team would have been butter :smokin

I like all the negative press the lost is getting. Hopefully that will entice players to play for the OLY next year..

I doubt he would trade either. though he would have loved to have an NBA championship. also, DREAM TEAM made them GODS.

Aye man them euro boys done caught up. It's a wrap once Bron Steph KD etc done. EuroNBA going forward...
yeah european players are bringing their nba experience back to their home countries, but i really believe the difference is team basketball (ball movement) vs a more individualistic style of play from the usa (iso favored)

need a better coach who can exploit those individual talents at the same time rather than piecemeal which is what i saw from kerr

Back
Top Bottom