The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-0 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Thats where 90% of the skill of basketball lives. We don't need to dance around this.

sure but skills have a different values based on your size.

being able to do 5 dribbles and shoot a mid range jumpshot is a certain kind of skill.
being able to pivot, spin and seal off your defender for a clean hook shot is another kind of skill.

the latter is more valuable when you're tall.

Jokic despite being a much worse 3 point shooters, seems significantly more skilled to me than KAT.

If KAT is one of the most offensively gifted bigs of all time, what is Jokic? :lol:

You’re trolling. You said KAT and Dak don’t get slander like there aren’t pages of those two getting lit up. This Timid right?
1. When they I say "Kat doesn't get slander" I addressed all the slurping his apologists do on here, for instance, how y'all keep talking about how "offensive talented" he is as if you can't say that for most players in the league.

2. Dak? Wrong thread?

3. Are you asking if I'm a timid person or are you referring to some older poster? If so, this is like the 3rd different poster y'all have accused me of being on here.

Jokic despite being a much worse 3 point shooters, seems significantly more skilled to me than KAT.

If KAT is one of the most offensively gifted bigs of all time, what is Jokic? :lol:
Jokic, Embiid, AD are all light-years ahead of Kat but I never see NT bragging about how "offensively talented" those 3 are.

sure but skills have a different values based on your size.

being able to do 5 dribbles and shoot a mid range jumpshot is a certain kind of skill.
being able to pivot, spin and seal off your defender for a clean hook shot is another kind of skill.

the latter is more valuable when you're tall.
At a very baseline level basketball is about being able to:
  • Dribble the ball
  • Shoot the ball
  • Pass the ball
Guards do this better than bigs. Its just what the game is.

The Lex Steele name drop reminded me that CES and AVN overlap this year.

Tons of tech professionals gonna be in town on the company dime, swiping their corporate cards on some nastiness.

HR professionals, corporate accountants, and credit card dispute agents better start locking in.

Winter is coming

Yes, most people actually focus on Jokic’s defensive prowess when he’s discussed in here :lol:

I have literally posted myself several dozen times in the Jordan threads and the tattoo thread but yeah do an IP check mods and shut these.dudes.up, please.

At a very baseline level basketball is about being able to:
  • Dribble the ball
  • Shoot the ball
  • Pass the ball
Guards do this better than bigs. Its just what the game is.

Obviously.
but there are skills that have different values depending on your size.

So there are bigs that have more "gaurd skills" but lack "big man skills" that are more valuable when you are tall.

like its cool that Karl Towns can do some guard dribble moves,
but he would be a better player if he had more big man skills.

so are you really more offensively gifted if you lack the skills most valuable to your position?

I'd rather tank two years and come back in a couple of offseasons with a bunch of cap space than deal with Julius Randle's contract.

Let alone in the second one trading a pick and Jaden Hardy for the pleasure.
Tell that to Luka & the fanbase after reaching the WCF.

Cuban don’t care about contracts.

Obviously.
but there are skills that have different values depending on your size.

So there are bigs that have more "gaurd skills" but lack "big man skills" that are more valuable when you are tall.

like its cool that Karl Towns can do some guard dribble moves,
but he would be a better player if he had more big man skills.

so are you really more offensively gifted if you lack the skills most valuable to your position?
Who needs to be able to post up when you can dribble and shoot 3s?

c0LeeE1.png

Obv a Knicks fan made this but it works for all parties. Once they find out Kemba is unplayable they’re gonna have to add 2nd rounder to NY

Does LA still need a C? I know they need shooters and they get that there.

Send Indy another couple 2nds or protected 1st from NY if that’s needed. Them getting Hardy is a nice come up.

Deadline can’t come soon enough.
Why would the Lakers do this trade?

Jokic is so skilled, almost as if he is a 7 foot point guard

sure but that wouldn't matter if he wasn't incredible at the big man skill stuff.

that's what took him to the MVP level.

early in his career he wasn't as good posting up similar center sized guys.
once he was dominant post up player, he became MVP caliber.

so like its cute that Jokic can run a pick and roll,
but the big man stuff is more important ultimatley.

Back
Top Bottom