The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Just watched Espn 30 for 30 the Chris Herren story - such a wasted talent man :smh:

This was a really hard one to watch. It was so damn sad, glad he is hopefully doin good in his life now. That dude was very very talented though, you're right

Yea some of that stuff was depressing. It didn't seem like he was going to ever get his addiction under control. But then again its only been 4 or so years since and i'veheard that people who do binges like he does can break any time.

I was kinda disappointed by the Len Bias 30 for 30, wasn't as good as the other three i've seen. It seemed like this huge build up to the death then a little sneak in of "oh yea it was from fishscale 98% pure coke that he died" but if he really only did it once that would be crazy.

Saw that Sleeping Beauty is up on Netflix now. Blockbuster doesn't even have it in their system.
Also, for the fans of Oz, Lee Tergesen has a new(er) movie that just got put up called Silver Tongues.

And for anyone who likes dark television series, Durham County season 1 just got added to Netflix the other day. Season 2 will be up August 11. It's really good and kind of reminds me of Luther and the Killing a little bit. Very, very good show.

For anyone that likes magic/spell(s) horror type of movies, check out Wake Wood.

My little sister said it was "scarier" than Megan is Missing (watched it when they had it up on Streaming), and after we watched Megan is Missing she said it was the scariest movie she's ever seen. (This is the same girl who said Candyman was corny/funny)

I didn't watch the whole thing, but from what I saw (the last 30 minutes), it's worth a watch.

Last edited:
One of the only "epic" TV shows in the last decade i haven't seen is The Wire. Planning on watching it on netflix in the coming weeks. Any other "classic" recent movie/TV suggestions?

For anyone that likes magic/spell(s) horror type of movies, check out Wake Wood.

My little sister said it was "scarier" than Megan is Missing (watched it when they had it up on Streaming), and after we watched Megan is Missing she said it was the scariest movie she's ever seen. (This is the same girl who said Candyman was corny/funny)

I didn't watch the whole thing, but from what I saw (the last 30 minutes), it's worth a watch.

I just added to my queue..

gf got me hooked on American Dad
so i got her watching The X-Men series

the 90s one is great but the last season/ episodes ...the animation looks so horrible i felt forced to watch it. ..NIP/TUCK is a good show to watch.I've been watching for a while and right when I think it'll be quiet for a bit it turns up

Just watched Warrior. Awesome awesome movie. I really havent seen a whole lot of Tom Hardy until this summer but damn his acting is top notch. This summer ive now seen Batman, Warrior, and Bronson and every single one of them I loved.

Bronson is on Netflix by the way if you havnet seen it.

Twin Peaks...haven't finished it yet but it's getting interesting. Sherilyn Fenn :evil:

The Ali vs. Holmes 30 for 30 was really good. Some great footage showing just how badly Ali was slipping. Run Ricky Run, Winning Time, The Real Rocky :pimp:

Bronson is on Netflix by the way if you havnet seen it.

I started to watch it but never finished...is it worth the time?

Thanks for the heads up on Warrior.

Last edited:
^ The movie isn't that good but Tom Hardy's performance in it was great. His acting was the only thing that stopped me from cutting it off.

Last edited:
So far all the 30 for 30s have been solid. Some are more intriguing than others but they are all pretty dope.

I had not idea the Iverson situation was that deep.

:wow: @ AI getting 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom