The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Delilah reminded me more of molly qerim on first take .

loved both seasons of masters of none. Too bad we will never get a season 3

Aziz's dad is ****ing hilarious :rofl:

I'm surprised you're late on that. I dont like Aziz stand up as much either but it was a very good show.
I ignored praise for it cuz from his standup (and tv roles) I felt Aziz had no depth.

The show is way more diverse, topical, clever and funnier than I would ever thought it would be. Now I know a good deal of that is writers but Aziz pulling off an Indian guys dating life in NYC as something you can relate to and some could be envious of is a feat in itself.

Then there's all the stuff outside of the relationships and dating he's doing. I am impressed.

Last edited:
Aziz's dad is ****ing hilarious :rofl:

I ignored praise for it cuz from his standup I felt Aziz had no depth.

The show is way more diverse, topical, clever and funnier than I would ever thought it would be. Now I know a good deal of that is writers but Aziz pulling off an Indian guys dating life in NYC as something you can relate to and some could be envious of is a feat in itself.

Then there's all the stuff outside of the relationships and dating he's doing. I am impressed.
Netflix has put out some really good content but MON is at the top of that list.
Not a show stacks up pound for pound.

We can take it off NETFLIX across all TV Formats and it's still top 5.

Not one bad thing can be said about that show.

Netflix has put out some really good content but MON is at the top of that list.
Not a show stacks up pound for pound.

We can take it off NETFLIX across all TV Formats and it's still top 5.

Not one bad thing can be said about that show.
To me its kind of in the realm of Louie, You're the Worst, Broad City, Divorce, Married, Girls, Friends from College, Man Seeking Woman, Cake, I'm Sorry, Better Things, and Crashing but it consistently hits highs the other shows doesn't specifically with topics and creative expression. The dynamic is really good.

I do kinda credit Louie for opening the door to this kind of bizarre unorthodox spontaneous style cuz one min it'll be traditional, close to a sitcom or a relationship show but at any moment delve in to immigrant parents and their sacrifices or the random dangers of being a woman and then do a black and white episode to shift the whole tone.

To me its kind of in the realm of Louie, You're the Worst, Broad City, Divorce, Married, Girls, Friends from College, Man Seeking Woman, Cake, I'm Sorry, Better Things, and Crashing but it consistently hits highs the other shows doesn't specifically with topics and creative expression. The dynamic is really good.

I do kinda credit Louie for opening the door to this kind of bizarre unorthodox spontaneous style cuz one min it'll be traditional, close to a sitcom or a relationship show but at any moment delve in to immigrant parents and their sacrifices or the random dangers of being a woman and then do a black and white episode to shift the whole tone.
I thought i was the only one watching you're the worst, I love that show. Not sure the last 2 episodes were as great, but I actually appreciated that ending. Still a bit confused if that's what actually happened or if it was a dream or something.

started watching Bo Jack Horseman a few weeks ago, despite being skeptical for the last couple of years. it's surprisingly a very good show. a bit extreme with some of the exaggerated, family guy-ish antics but overall does a really good job of having characters who play different roles, portraying romantic and platonic relationships, the ups and downs of careers, and addressing mental health.

idk how the writers did that while using a horse as the main character. it's impressive.

There's a You're the Worst thread. We been discussing it.

Everything in the finale happened. They didn't get married but Gretchen and Jimmy found balance in their relationship and started a family.

I thought it was good

$800 for one bottle. Six Flags theme bumpin hard.

This I Love NY ep with the bellhops and cabbies and deaf chick who needs her kitty licked :rofl:

NipplesandToes23 :lol:

Chef Jeff being a perv and getting #MeToo'ed. I knew something was off about him the way Bobby was playing him. This some surreal **** given what ended up happening to Aziz in real life.

There's a You're the Worst thread. We been discussing it.

Everything in the finale happened. They didn't get married but Gretchen and Jimmy found balance in their relationship and started a family.

I thought it was good
how do I miss all these threads? do you happen to have the link handy?

how do I miss all these threads? do you happen to have the link handy?

Anything else really good on the streaming services? Just finished Master of None, Kevin Hart's doc, The Witcher, You, The Expanse.

Is that Dracula series any good? I know my boy Moffat is involved.

Came across the early rollout list of netflix movies for 2020.

been on a homeland binge, and just finished season 4 ... crazy how that season kinda mirrors whats going on in Iran rn.

Anything else really good on the streaming services? Just finished Master of None, Kevin Hart's doc, The Witcher, You, The Expanse.

Is that Dracula series any good? I know my boy Moffat is involved.

Came across the early rollout list of netflix movies for 2020.

if you're into superhero stuff, you should check out "The Boys" on amazon prime, "Umbrella Academy" and "Neighbor" on netflix

the boys and umbrella academy were two of my favorite series that i watched last year.

if you're into superhero stuff, you should check out "The Boys" on amazon prime, "Umbrella Academy" and "Neighbor" on netflix

the boys and umbrella academy were two of my favorite series that i watched last year.
You know I already saw both last year :lol: Waiting for s2 for both.

I did see the trailer for Neighbor though but thought it was in a different language. I gotta be in a mood for foreign language subtitles or dubbed versions. Will eventually checkout though

You know I already saw both last year :lol: Waiting for s2 for both.

I did see the trailer for Neighbor though but thought it was in a different language. I gotta be in a mood for foreign language subtitles or dubbed versions. Will eventually checkout though

neighbor is in spanish. but i feel you, definitely gotta be 100% focused when i'm watching a sub-titled show/film

Surprised at how much I enjoyed The Witcher. Not a fan of Cavill at all so figured I'd hate this

They had a hearty attempt with the storytelling and execution. It wasn't too simplistic, had some depth

Rottentomatoes rating is extremely low, wasn't expecting to see 60%. One of the handful of times I didn't agree

^Audience score is 93% though, most people enjoy it. One thing with a lot of reveiwers i've noticed that they're generally not into fantasy.

^Audience score is 93% though, most people enjoy it. One thing with a lot of reveiwers i've noticed that they're generally not into fantasy.
Yeah, I usually don't pay attention to the audience score though. My taste seems to be more in line with the critics' scores

It always helps to have source material as well. Seems like a lot of stuff that comes from books are solid to very good

Back
Top Bottom