The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Well yeah that's the thing, some of the story elements they critique are from the books.

Critics score is flawed because it's an aggregate score.

Anything else really good on the streaming services? Just finished Master of None, Kevin Hart's doc, The Witcher, You, The Expanse.

Is that Dracula series any good? I know my boy Moffat is involved.

Came across the early rollout list of netflix movies for 2020.

If you have Starz app "The Dublin Murders" is REALLY good. Very True Detective season 1 vibe.

Edit::You was great!
If in the mood for a comedy "Good Girls" shouldn't disspaoint,

Sci-fi wise George R.R. Martin's "Nightflyers" has gotten mixed reviews.

Last edited:
I actually have to amend my comment...First two episodes was setting it up to be one of the best adaptations of the story...Third episode had me considering canceling my Netflix subscription...
My niece watched the first episode
I actually have to amend my comment...First two episodes was setting it up to be one of the best adaptations of the story...Third episode had me considering canceling my Netflix subscription...
she stopped watching. Said it was trash.

Watching Dracula and got to episode 3, what in the **** is this. Talk about taking the wind outta your own sails.

Half way through The Witcher and I like it soo far.

Crazy that the actresses that portray Ciri and Marilka are 18+ Both look like children. Ciri and her mom, Pavetta look like they could be related in real life, great casting.

The lapses in time weren't that confusing seeing as some characters die early on then reappear in flashbacks, so you know it isn't the present. The scenes in the future are explained in the dialogue itself.

All the monsters looked good except Torque, they didn't use any CGI on him and it showed.

The Bard got some pipes (II).

I **** with aziz
His last stand up is dope
Szn 1 is fire and his book is really funny
There’s a reason why Dave went on tour with aziz. He’s very talented imo.

Last edited:
szn 2 of you is exhausting
i think im just tired of this whole schtick
love doesn't interest me and all the forced LA stereotypes are corny

only on episode 4 though

szn 2 of you is exhausting
i think im just tired of this whole schtick
love doesn't interest me and all the forced LA stereotypes are corny

only on episode 4 though

That’s how I felt with with it until it FINALLY picked up at Episode 6 and then kept going til the end. The first half of the season is a drag though. Mostly cause Love seems like the most mediocre chick they possibly could have picked for Joe to be obsessed with.

I think one of the biggest problems with You is that Dexter exists. A lot of the plot and twists, Dexter did it first.

Watching Dracula and got to episode 3, what in the **** is this. Talk about taking the wind outta your own sails.
Came in to peep the DRACULA feedback and this is the 1st post I see..........F man.
Was hoping I had something good to watch this SUNDAY, instead I'm fumbling through Lost in SPACE 2.
I think I"m going to find and watch Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Came in to peep the DRACULA feedback and this is the 1st post I see..........F man.
Was hoping I had something good to watch this SUNDAY, instead I'm fumbling through Lost in SPACE 2.
I think I"m going to find and watch Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
I say watch it just for the spectacle, and hey you might even like it. But episodes 1/2 (which are pretty good) and episode 3 aren't the same at all.

I think one of the biggest problems with You is that Dexter exists. A lot of the plot and twists, Dexter did it first.
Eh, I feel they're different enough. Yes s2 has a very similar plot to like two different seasons if Dexter but main characters are so vastly different its okay.

Dexter was a full on psychopath and couldn't help it, had his urge directed to killing bad guys. Faked an everyday life and that stumbled in to real relationships he never intended. He fell in his version of love once.

Joe is a straight out of Law & Order stalker and abductor that leads to the path of dudes who abduct women, lock them in dungeons for years, gets them pregnant, etc. He's definitely a sociopath but he ain't no serial killer out of a need. Son just kills to get out of jams.

All that fantasizing and obsessing over women he grows infatuated with and trying to fix their lives, is the real hook of the show.

Dracula was possibly the worse thing I’ve watched this year...Mind numbingly bad...
Not saying much year just started. LOL. I saw the trailer and was like naw I am good on that.
Finally got around to watching High Flying Bird with wife last night.

Entertaining yet camera angles were reminding me of some from The Last AirBender. Weird we had just finished another Soderberg film previously The Report (Prime) and the camera angles were very by the book. I think I enjoyed The Report more though, had to keep starting and stopping it because wife fell asleep.

Loving Delilah, she looks great to me.
Loving season 2 as well. Im
Just here for the entertainment.
but yea this ‘Love’ bish basic as hell.
them LA stereotypes are wild :lol:
Ain’t nobody be saying ‘Angelenos’ :rofl:

my dude making 12/hour and got his apartment and buying bishes iPhones. :wow:

Truth be told, I had those feelings with season one, but there isn't a damn thing on TV right now so I'm settling.

This **** is like a half a notch over something like Gossip Girl. Feels like an ABC Family show at times. You can just tell this is a Lifetime show.

Then every once in a while he slits someone's throat and I'm like 'yo, this is fire,' :rofl:

Truth be told, I had those feelings with season one, but there isn't a damn thing on TV right now so I'm settling.

This **** is like a half a notch over something like Gossip Girl. Feels like an ABC Family show at times. You can just tell this is a Lifetime show.

Then every once in a while he slits someone's throat and I'm like 'yo, this is fire,' :rofl:

Episodes 1-5 of Season 2 were definitely on some Gossip Girl type of ****...it was rough trying to get through it

Back
Top Bottom