The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Watching Jupiter's Legacy. These streaming services are saturated with superhero shows but Ill let this one play in the background while I read. It's only 8 episodes.

S2 was the low point definitely. S3 was much more fun and leaned more into what made the original a success imo. Judging from the trailers, it looks like Season 4 is going to be a lot more dark.

Been rewatching season 1 of Altered Carbon. Forgot how damn good it was. Season 2 was just aight. Wonder if a season 3 is on the way with a new lead actor.

Joel Kinnaman is such an underrated actor.

I woulda been down with a prequel with WIll Yun Lee.

Yasuke might be one of the greatest disappointments ever.

Joel Kinnaman is such an underrated actor.

I woulda been down with a prequel with WIll Yun Lee.

Yasuke might be one of the greatest disappointments ever.
Not surprised but funny how a show with an Asian main character is played by a white guy the majority of season 1 and then anthony mackie in season 2.

I know it's because of the books and different body sleeves but let an Asian Takashi flourish more.

Watching Jupiter's Legacy, hope they explain why Chloe is such an immense piece of **** aside from having a strict father.

Monster was an hour and half but felt like over two hours. I see why it sat for three years. They tried to be creative with the flashbacks for an unoriginal story. It still didn't help the pacing.

John David Washington in that role :smh:

Really? I thought it was excellent. I even enjoyed it more than Invincible.
I thought it was disappointing too:
-The giant robots were kind of unnecessary
-yasukes’ character was really boring/bland. He’s not quirky or unique at all, just some standard loyal,unfunny samurai who happens to be black.
-other characters unremarkable
-story was just okay, nothing special
-fights were dope

I had high hopes and was pretty disappointed.. I’ll probably keep watching though

I thought it was disappointing too:
-The giant robots were kind of unnecessary
-yasukes’ character was really boring/bland. He’s not quirky or unique at all, just some standard loyal,unfunny samurai who happens to be black.
-other characters unremarkable
-story was just okay, nothing special
-fights were dope

I had high hopes and was pretty disappointed.. I’ll probably keep watching though

1. I made the same comment about the robots but is it any more ridiculous than all the other magic and fantasy in it.

2. Why does Yusuke have to be "quirky". Dude is an old black samurai. I think his demeanor was appropriate.

3. I liked most of the characters, differences in opinions I guess.

4. The story was intriguing to me, again differences in opinion.

5. I agree, the action was dope.

8.5/10 for me

Monster was an hour and half but felt like over two hours. I see why it sat for three years. They tried to be creative with the flashbacks for an unoriginal story. It still didn't help the pacing.

John David Washington in that role :smh:

Too many things named Monster now. I thought of 3 different things before I figured out what you were talking about.

1. I made the same comment about the robots but is it any more ridiculous than all the other magic and fantasy in it.

2. Why does Yusuke have to be "quirky". Dude is an old black samurai. I think his demeanor was appropriate.

8.5/10 for me

I'm down with mecha/fantasy anime as much as the next guy, but with Yasuke I would've liked his story not set in an alternative version of history.

The voice acting was not my favorite, I watched half of it in Japanese and half of it in English.

Animation wise, I liked it. It wasn't Ufotable levels of animation, but it was fine.

I'm down with mecha/fantasy anime as much as the next guy, but with Yasuke I would've liked his story not set in an alternative version of history.

The voice acting was not my favorite, I watched half of it in Japanese and half of it in English.

Animation wise, I liked it. It wasn't Ufotable levels of animation, but it was fine.

I thought Stanfield did a good job voicing Yasuke.

I had the same concern about the mecha aspect at first especially that first episode but as it progressed I didn't find it too excessive.

Theme-wise and stylistically I thought it was more horror fantasy than anything else.

The mechs were ridiculous but I don't think the purpose of this was to capture the realism of the actual yasukes story.

When they tried to wash the black off him:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

8.5/10 for me

1. It does makes it a little more ridiculous for me, I thought the series would've been better without the mechs. Demons and magic in feudal Japan, no problem. The random Gundams with no explanation though? Can we get a 1 minute explanation (magic-imbued, aliens, ancient civilization, there's a super-engineer etc.) about how there are giant robots in this world?
2. He should have SOME personality. ANYTHING. Doesn't have to be funny, or quirks, just SOMETHING where the main character isn't just a basic samurai.
3. Cool concepts for some of the characters, but I wasn't attached to any character at any point, they weren't developed

I liked the animation and fight scenes, but the rest really fell flat for me

1. It does makes it a little more ridiculous for me, I thought the series would've been better without the mechs. Demons and magic in feudal Japan, no problem. The random Gundams with no explanation though? Can we get a 1 minute explanation (magic-imbued, aliens, ancient civilization, there's a super-engineer etc.) about how there are giant robots in this world?
2. He should have SOME personality. ANYTHING. Doesn't have to be funny, or quirks, just SOMETHING where the main character isn't just a basic samurai.
3. Cool concepts for some of the characters, but I wasn't attached to any character at any point, they weren't developed

I liked the animation and fight scenes, but the rest really fell flat for me

1. Maybe the mechs are run by magick or transported from the future. I mean there is a lot that needed explaining in that show, I just took it for what it was...fantasy.

2. Reserved, "severe", and seemingly emotionless IS a personality. Kinda like keanu Reeves in the Matrix. I think he provided contrast to the other more boisterous characters on the show.

Jupiter's legacy is very dope

half way through the series and it's fairly different from the comic but in good ways. Can't wait to get through this entire thing.

Back
Top Bottom