The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Anyone watch murder among the Mormons docu-series?? Just finished episode 2 and it’s really good. It’s a about historical documents and bombings/murder behind that. The reveal after episode 2 had me like :wow:

I know this is the Netflix thread but I finally redeemed that free Apple TV+ 1-year trial after upgrading my phone and I'm just now seeing Ted Lasso. That show is absolute gold. Jason Sudeikis is hilarious. :lol:

I know this is the Netflix thread but I finally redeemed that free Apple TV+ 1-year trial after upgrading my phone and I'm just now seeing Ted Lasso. That show is absolute gold. Jason Sudeikis is hilarious. :lol:
It might as well be the streaming TV show + Netflix movies thread. The Apple TV thread is dead, the Amazon one has life here and there, topics about shows from the HBO Max thread get repeated in here also lol.

I've seen first episode of Ted Lasso so far and thought it was a good watch.

Anyone watch murder among the Mormons docu-series?? Just finished episode 2 and it’s really good. It’s a about historical documents and bombings/murder behind that. The reveal after episode 2 had me like :wow:
i watched it. it was good but not the ending that i wanted to see :lol:

It's technically the all streaming thread. Think Meth mentioned OP would have to change the title but I don't think son is around anymore.

Apple+ needs to pick it up with content. Very lackluster. Besides Ted lasso, I've only watched Servant, which I liked. Nothing else really interests me there. And my TV doesnt have the app available so I have to use a ROku to get it, and that doesnt help their cause for me.

Apple+ needs to pick it up with content. Very lackluster. Besides Ted lasso, I've only watched Servant, which I liked. Nothing else really interests me there. And my TV doesnt have the app available so I have to use a ROku to get it, and that doesnt help their cause for me.
I agree they need to pickup content. Kind of wonder why I have it sometimes but whatever :lol: FWIW, last summer when I first got I watched Defending Jacob, The Morning Show and Truth Be Told which were all good.

When Ted Lasso was mentioned I was just thinking I haven't checked for Apple TV in over a year and that's crazy during the pandemic.

Their thing seems to be quality over quantity. Back when I had it I sampled everything they had. They got a handful of really good joints. Their original movies though are about on par with the above average and best netflix movies.

See was cool, Servant, Morning Show, Mythic Quest is really good. Couple more but like I said its been awhile.

Last edited:
I agree they need to pickup content. Kind of wonder why I have it sometimes but whatever :lol: FWIW, last summer when I first got I watched Defending Jacob, The Morning Show and Truth Be Told which were all good.

You actually pay for it?

I got it when I got my iPad.

You actually pay for it?

I got it when I got my iPad.
Isn’t that for a limited time? I’m pretty sure I had a free year too from a new device which I think ran out but it gets renewed monthly because it’s linked to my Apple account. Going to look into because of this conversation because it’s my least used streaming service.

Same here. I really tried, but it didn’t hook me.

Anyone check out The Innocent on Netflix? Adaptation of the Harlan Coben novel by the same name. Remember loving the book in undergrad, wondering if it’s any good.

a graphic slave movie isn't a selling point

Just pointing out that it is graphic. I wasn't expecting it especially after watching Harriet. Imo I prefer "slave movies" like this. I hate when movies about real life tragedies get watered down. Some people may find it unsavory, so selling point to some and not to others.

Its a limited series not a movie.

Also it should be expected that any slave project worth its salt is going to be graphic.

Not a selling point but its part of the immersion.

Bingo. I dunno if "selling point" is the word I'd use here. But it definitely adds to the authenticity. First episode came out the gate with the whippings :sick:

My wife was like we need to watch the show "cracka" to balance this out. :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom