The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Trying to start a new series since Mares of Eastown is wrapping up. Im undecided between Gomorrah or True Detective. Any recommendations?
Wow if you really haven't seen any of True Detective I say go enjoy it now.

At least the first season and then skip to the last one. After that watch w/e seasons you want.

zombie movies are usually bad, but i love them. this one just had an wild amount of plot holes & senselessness for a 2hr+ movie. it's enjoyable until u think about how blatantly dumb it is.

It's mostly trash. If you've seen the first season and loved it, prepare to be disappointed.

Season 2 feels like it was made up in a board room full of Netflix executives to try and appeal to broader audiences.
Yeah I watched the whole a couple nights and was severely underwhelmed. I don't really remember the episodes which is a bad sign. With the 1st season I was enamored be the different universes so much so that I was hoping a lot them would be revisited. Honestly, I would've preferred them cancel the show rather than give us what the did this go round.

Attempting to appeal to a broader audience likely alienated the nerds they had. I'm nerds.

I was surprised to see Master of None had a 3rd season as well, and was even more surprised that Aziz wasn't in it at all. Probably not gonna watch it. The 1st 2 seasons were too perfect. A shame.

I was surprised to see Master of None had a 3rd season as well, and was even more surprised that Aziz wasn't in it at all. Probably not gonna watch it. The 1st 2 seasons were too perfect. A shame.
Aziz is in the very first episode, that I’m not feeling at all so far.
It’s looking like it’s going to be Lena Waithe and her Woman?

just finished sz3... joint was pure gahhhbaggge
i don't doubt it.
Binged Love, Death, & Robots last night. So many good shorts.
The whole show or just szn 2?
Aziz is in the very first episode, that I’m not feeling at all so far.
It’s looking like it’s going to be Lena Waithe and her Woman?
oh okay, at least he makes an appearance. this makes me more open to watch. just crowdsourcing opinions for now. i really keep the good memories from the show.

90% of the show is about them.
Yea I’m seeing that now as I get half way through ep2.
And it’s only 5episodes(hour long though)
Yea I’m throwing in the towel.
Lena was cool in Season 1.
But watching her character (who is really real life Lena) west hype beast clothing and eat 5 course meals with the occasional visitor is not the least bit interesting. Rather watch paint dry.
This is stupid.

Army of the Dead was entertaining. Plotholes yeah, bad writing yeah but I try not to analyze every movie so much and just see if its entertaining enough. With a zombie type movie, I mean you kinda know what youre gonna get anyways.

Oh **** yea.
Seeing Master of None get ruined and then finishing the finale of Season1 Who Killed Sara jist to be left with a “we still don’t know who TF killed Sara” really left me done with Tele for the week, then I see Season2 of Ragnarok just popped up.

I know probably put 4% of this thread watched Season1, and it was fire. About to start it now. Still waiting for a Second Season to .....damn what’s the name of that show? It was about a girl who got Super Powers, and it was real quirky like Sex Education andSeeking a Friend for the End of the World?......I’ll figure it out and post, but for now, time to rewatch the S1 finale and get ready for S2 of Ragnarok!

Army of the Dead was entertaining. Plotholes yeah, bad writing yeah but I try not to analyze every movie so much and just see if its entertaining enough. With a zombie type movie, I mean you kinda know what youre gonna get anyways.
I felt the exact same. I was entertained, and of course my oldest was as well. Its about what I expected.

How it been Korean, I think we'd be saying it was great. Expectations for some might have been too high.

S3 of true detective is solid. it's a bit slow with the three different timelines but damn there are layers to this season.

Oakland's own Mahershala Ali bodied the role.

Last edited:
True Detective season 1 is basically perfect TV.
Season 3 is pretty good too.
Season 2 and especially Vince Vaughn’s character may be one of the worst things I’ve seen on TV.

The Serpent on Netflix is fire , it’s based on Charles Sobrahj .
Gomorrah season 4 was the best one yet , didn’t have one slow episode whatsoever ! Damn Genny is cold blooded

True Detective season 1 is basically perfect TV.
Season 3 is pretty good too.
Season 2 and especially Vince Vaughn’s character may be one of the worst things I’ve seen on TV.

I honestly don't even remember Season 2 besides that shoot out scene. I might need to go back through them since I have HBO Max.

Back
Top Bottom