The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Finished Peaky Blinders. Damn, what a great show. Probably in my top 5 now. The character development is top-notch. Cillian Murphy is a beast. Also Tom Hardy and Adrien Brody smoked their roles. Scene-stealers fasho. I'm ready for season 6. :nthat:

Started Boardwalk Empire on HBO Max and it's like I'm watching an American paralell version of Peaky :lol:. Pretty good so far, though not quite as engaging as Peaky.

The people in black summer are so ****ing stupid. It's pushing me in that too angry to be zone & I'm laughing erratically. Like you find car w/ the key in the ignition that works, just to sit in carelessly talking to a picture despite hearing a zombie that can't be more than hundred feet away. And there's the driver that drove visibly large snow wall & got the truck when the dumbass could've easily drove around.

The hipster guy being the 1st thing I see in season 2 is triggering at the very least, and to top it off the crum bum get killed by and even bigger crum bum. I swear, man the writer(s) for this show to big the biggest troll ever or a braindead crackhead.

I’ve slowly been getting through Dark. Midway through season 2.

Also started Record of Ragnarok.

Finished Peaky Blinders. Damn, what a great show. Probably in my top 5 now. The character development is top-notch. Cillian Murphy is a beast. Also Tom Hardy and Adrien Brody smoked their roles. Scene-stealers fasho. I'm ready for season 6. :nthat:

Started Boardwalk Empire on HBO Max and it's like I'm watching an American paralell version of Peaky :lol:. Pretty good so far, though not quite as engaging as Peaky.

I agree with everything you said but just know that Boardwalk is a damn good show. It will pick up. The last season is the worst and its not even bad.

Boardwalk has some of the best antagonists on TV.

Boardwalk was a slept on show.

Like Rome and Deadwood.

Man. Wtf did they do the Master of None. First two season was awesome.
Denise is cool, but man this is like a totally different show.

Man. Wtf did they do the Master of None. First two season was awesome.
Denise is cool, but man this is like a totally different show.

i feel you on the vibe of S3 being vastly different from the first two but man i really ****ed with Denise’s season. though it was a deviation, i really enjoyed how they hyper focused on one singular relationship and experience. don’t get me wrong, i hope they bring dev’s character back into the fold if there’s a s4 but i hope they continue to grow denise’s role

also that scene between dev and his partner… whhhewww awkward

was bored and began watching Start Up on netflix. it's good. impressed that they're able to have four in-depth character storylines without boring viewers to death or dragging it out too much.

reminds me of a southbeach version of halt and catch fire.

I really enjoyed the start up. By the time I finished season three I was left hungry for another season.

Boardwalk was a slept on show.

Like Rome and Deadwood.
ROME super slept on.
I got ahold of a greatest shows of all time circa 2013 and, it had ROME as #1
I started it immediately.
As soon as I finished I rewatched it in its entirety.
That show has some brilliantly written characters.

ROME super slept on.
I got ahold of a greatest shows of all time circa 2013 and, it had ROME as #1
I started it immediately.
As soon as I finished I rewatched it in its entirety.
That show has some brilliantly written characters.

Rome, deadwood, and Boardwalk are great but I wouldn't say underrated. I think everyone found their own niche of shows before the streaming craze.

For example I never watched The Sopranos but I'm sure it's entertaining. It's hard to go back and start afresh with so much content out there for everyone.

I've been trying to watch some older great shows I missed out on but I get discouraged by the number of seasons and episodes I have to go through.

The zombie in season 1 episode 4 of black summer is mad persistent. He been chasing this dude for an hour :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Apparently no one in this show knows how to lock doors behind them while getting chased.:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom