The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Record of Ragnorak is ok so far but they make Thor have red hair and have some black hands looking like he’s wearing dominatrix gloves.

I haven't been able to get past episode 1 of Season 2 of Ragnarok on NETFLIX.
I blazed through Season 1.
Season 2 just wasn't grabbing me.
I'm back in that stage where I'm having a hard time digesting New Content. and I tell you what it is....

Mental Capacity....
When I get home these days I'm spent.
I just want to relax and decompress...
Taking in new Content becomes a chore and an exercise for the mind that I just don't accept....
Re-watches are KING for me right now.

I've tore through some fire Re-watches over the last week.

DOPE probably my favorite...
(Did watch the first 2 episodes of BLINDSPOTTING, it was surprisingly entertaining)

Rome, deadwood, and Boardwalk are great but I wouldn't say underrated. I think everyone found their own niche of shows before the streaming craze.

For example I never watched The Sopranos but I'm sure it's entertaining. It's hard to go back and start afresh with so much content out there for everyone.

I've been trying to watch some older great shows I missed out on but I get discouraged by the number of seasons and episodes I have to go through.

I think they're underrated because they don't get the attention a Wire, Sopranos, or a Shield got in that era. If you mention good HBO shows, I don't think most people are mentioning them.

I don't think Rome even got the attention Spartacus received.

Hell Rome only made it two seasons, before cost to viewers played a factor.

I think they're underrated because they don't get the attention a Wire, Sopranos, or a Shield got in that era. If you mention good HBO shows, I don't think most people are mentioning them.

I don't think Rome even got the attention Spartacus received.

Hell Rome only made it two seasons, before cost to viewers played a factor.

Spartacus was the less mature version of Rome. Rome had way better acting and story telling but Spartacus was more popular because people love pointless violence and sex.

Boardwalk definitely got as much critical acclaim as "shield" and even sopranos. The wire was one of the first great shows out which catered to a wider demographic so I'll leave that out.

Sopranos was the first of its kind of that show and one of the first great shows then Boardwalk followed and got as much critical acclaim competing with more shows at the time. You have to compare viewership with shows from the same year. There was more going on with streaming when bw came out, more to compete with.

When wire and sopranos came out there were only a handful of great shows. Boardwalk had to compete with game of thrones and people still watched it enough for it to have multiple seasons.

Last edited:
Started watching manifest. Wad going to drop it until i saw the the doctor.
Still undecided whether to keep watching. :/ Screenshot_20210627-090043.png

That kind of bums me out if instead of Season 3 we get a “special episode”…..
Gotta check IMDB and see what the schedule is

Ice road was terrible.

who green lit this movie

It wasnt THAT bad. If you can make a movie about truckers even remotely entertaining that's a plus. Way too many plot holes though. :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No one asked if there were alternatives to driving big rigs through ice:lol::smh::smh:

And how does a mining company not have back up equipment on site.

Last edited:

Watch the Fear Street Trilogy only on Netflix this July.
Fear Street Part One: 1994 - July 2
Fear Street Part Two: 1978 - July 9

Fear Street Part Three: 1666 - July 16

Was I the only kid who preferred this series over Goosebumps?

Back
Top Bottom