Originally Posted by iWhipMyHeadovv

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

so weeds is good?
whats it about? is it funny?

weeds is
pimp.gif

nancy...i'd smang it

can anybody suggest a decent series to me?

i've seen:

WEEDS

1000 ways to die

Deadliest Warrior

Dirty Jobs

The Office

Blue Mountain State

trailer park boys
arrested development
cheers
man vs food

man they got alot of comic cartoons on here.

anybody watch that new avengers cartoon? any good?

Originally Posted by iWhipMyHeadovv

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

so weeds is good?
whats it about? is it funny?

weeds is
pimp.gif

nancy...i'd smang it

can anybody suggest a decent series to me?

i've seen:

WEEDS

1000 ways to die

Deadliest Warrior

Dirty Jobs

The Office

Blue Mountain State

trailer park boys
arrested development
cheers
man vs food

man they got alot of comic cartoons on here.

anybody watch that new avengers cartoon? any good?

I don't pay anyway, but was thinking about it. I'd do streaming only 7.99 isn't bad
[h4]
[h4]Netflix DVD-only unlimited plan appears, price for streaming and discs could jump to $16 per month[/h4]
By Richard Lawler posted Jul 12th 2011 10:20AM

Exclusive

Netflix hadn't hinted at any upcoming plans to change the services it offers, but NewTeeVee spotted an unadvertised DVD-only plan on its site a few days ago, and an anonymous tipster from within the company indicates that's just the start. The DVD.Netflix.com page offers unlimited DVDs by mail, per month (one at a time) for $7.99, which slots it between the standard DVD & streaming combo plans and a $4.99 offering that gives just two DVDs per month. According to the tipster we spoke to, Netflix is planning to change its pricing entirely, by also implementing a streaming only plan with no discs for $7.99, and jacking up the minimum pricetag for combined services to $15.98 from the current $9.99 it has charged since November. They indicated the change would take place tomorrow night around 9 p.m., with customers notified by email and no plans to grandfather any of the old pricing setups along. With aggressive expansion plans pressing forward and its costs to acquire content rising sharply, hiking the price by 50 percent on many of its 20 million+ subscribers could be the easiest way to make the numbers add up, it could be just those subscribers who are left to determine exactly what Watch Instantly streaming (or DVD access) is worth to them.
[/h4]

I don't pay anyway, but was thinking about it. I'd do streaming only 7.99 isn't bad
[h4]
[h4]Netflix DVD-only unlimited plan appears, price for streaming and discs could jump to $16 per month[/h4]
By Richard Lawler posted Jul 12th 2011 10:20AM

Exclusive

Netflix hadn't hinted at any upcoming plans to change the services it offers, but NewTeeVee spotted an unadvertised DVD-only plan on its site a few days ago, and an anonymous tipster from within the company indicates that's just the start. The DVD.Netflix.com page offers unlimited DVDs by mail, per month (one at a time) for $7.99, which slots it between the standard DVD & streaming combo plans and a $4.99 offering that gives just two DVDs per month. According to the tipster we spoke to, Netflix is planning to change its pricing entirely, by also implementing a streaming only plan with no discs for $7.99, and jacking up the minimum pricetag for combined services to $15.98 from the current $9.99 it has charged since November. They indicated the change would take place tomorrow night around 9 p.m., with customers notified by email and no plans to grandfather any of the old pricing setups along. With aggressive expansion plans pressing forward and its costs to acquire content rising sharply, hiking the price by 50 percent on many of its 20 million+ subscribers could be the easiest way to make the numbers add up, it could be just those subscribers who are left to determine exactly what Watch Instantly streaming (or DVD access) is worth to them.
[/h4]

First, we are launching new DVD only plans. These plans offer our lowest prices ever for unlimited DVDs – only $7.99 a month for our 1 DVD out at-a-time plan and $11.99 a month for our 2 DVDs out at-a-time plan. By offering our lowest prices ever, we hope to provide great value to our current and future DVDs by mail members. New members can sign up for these plans by going to DVD.netflix.com.

Second, we are separating unlimited DVDs by mail and unlimited streaming into separate plans to better reflect the costs of each and to give our members a choice: a streaming only plan, a DVD only plan or the option to subscribe to both. With this change, we will no longer offer a plan that includes both unlimited streaming and DVDs by mail. 

So for instance, our current $9.99 a month membership for unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs will be split into 2 distinct plans:

Plan 1: Unlimited Streaming (no DVDs) for $7.99 a month
Plan 2: Unlimited DVDs, 1 out at-a-time (no streaming), for $7.99 a month.

The price for getting both of these plans will be $15.98 a month ($7.99 + $7.99). For new members, these changes are effective immediately; for existing members, the new pricing will start for charges on or after September 1, 2011.

Why the changes? 

Last November when we launched our $7.99 unlimited streaming plan, DVDs by mail was treated as a $2 add on to our unlimited streaming plan. At the time, we didn’t anticipate offering DVD only plans. Since then we have realized that there is still a very large continuing demand for DVDs both from our existing members as well as non-members. Given the long life we think DVDs by mail will have, treating DVDs as a $2 add on to our unlimited streaming plan neither makes great financial sense nor satisfies people who just want DVDs. Creating an unlimited DVDs by mail plan (no streaming) at our lowest price ever, $7.99, does make sense and will ensure a long life for our DVDs by mail offering. Reflecting our confidence that DVDs by mail is a long-term business for us, we are also establishing a separate and distinct management team solely focused on DVDs by mail, led by Andy Rendich, our Chief Service and Operations Officer and an 11 year veteran of Netflix.

Now we offer a choice: Unlimited Streaming for $7.99 a month, Unlimited DVDs for $7.99 a month, or both for $15.98 a month ($7.99 + $7.99). We think $7.99 is a terrific value for our unlimited streaming plan and $7.99 a terrific value for our unlimited DVD plan. We hope one, or both, of these plans makes sense for our members and their entertainment needs. 
http://blog.netflix.com/2011/07/netflix-introduces-new-plans-and.html

First, we are launching new DVD only plans. These plans offer our lowest prices ever for unlimited DVDs – only $7.99 a month for our 1 DVD out at-a-time plan and $11.99 a month for our 2 DVDs out at-a-time plan. By offering our lowest prices ever, we hope to provide great value to our current and future DVDs by mail members. New members can sign up for these plans by going to DVD.netflix.com.

Second, we are separating unlimited DVDs by mail and unlimited streaming into separate plans to better reflect the costs of each and to give our members a choice: a streaming only plan, a DVD only plan or the option to subscribe to both. With this change, we will no longer offer a plan that includes both unlimited streaming and DVDs by mail. 

So for instance, our current $9.99 a month membership for unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs will be split into 2 distinct plans:

Plan 1: Unlimited Streaming (no DVDs) for $7.99 a month
Plan 2: Unlimited DVDs, 1 out at-a-time (no streaming), for $7.99 a month.

The price for getting both of these plans will be $15.98 a month ($7.99 + $7.99). For new members, these changes are effective immediately; for existing members, the new pricing will start for charges on or after September 1, 2011.

Why the changes? 

Last November when we launched our $7.99 unlimited streaming plan, DVDs by mail was treated as a $2 add on to our unlimited streaming plan. At the time, we didn’t anticipate offering DVD only plans. Since then we have realized that there is still a very large continuing demand for DVDs both from our existing members as well as non-members. Given the long life we think DVDs by mail will have, treating DVDs as a $2 add on to our unlimited streaming plan neither makes great financial sense nor satisfies people who just want DVDs. Creating an unlimited DVDs by mail plan (no streaming) at our lowest price ever, $7.99, does make sense and will ensure a long life for our DVDs by mail offering. Reflecting our confidence that DVDs by mail is a long-term business for us, we are also establishing a separate and distinct management team solely focused on DVDs by mail, led by Andy Rendich, our Chief Service and Operations Officer and an 11 year veteran of Netflix.

Now we offer a choice: Unlimited Streaming for $7.99 a month, Unlimited DVDs for $7.99 a month, or both for $15.98 a month ($7.99 + $7.99). We think $7.99 is a terrific value for our unlimited streaming plan and $7.99 a terrific value for our unlimited DVD plan. We hope one, or both, of these plans makes sense for our members and their entertainment needs. 
http://blog.netflix.com/2011/07/netflix-introduces-new-plans-and.html

I got the price plan email. I hardly stream movies so I'll be doing the DVD by mail only. Saves me a couple dollars.

I got the price plan email. I hardly stream movies so I'll be doing the DVD by mail only. Saves me a couple dollars.

I just got this e-mail. *!!.

I'm going with the streaming only pack. Guess I'll be sending in my DVD that's out now.

BTW I'm NOT happy about this. $9.99 was the perfect monthly charge for the 1 DVD+streaming service.

I'm going with the streaming only pack. Guess I'll be sending in my DVD that's out now.

BTW I'm NOT happy about this. $9.99 was the perfect monthly charge for the 1 DVD+streaming service.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Same here.  I'll just use my Apple TV to check out the new movies now.  Bad move by Netflix
tired.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Same here.  I'll just use my Apple TV to check out the new movies now.  Bad move by Netflix
tired.gif

Peace out netflix, I never did the DVD thing anyway and the selection for streaming is pretty sub par (except for TV shows)

Peace out netflix, I never did the DVD thing anyway and the selection for streaming is pretty sub par (except for TV shows)

Wow, #+!. I wonder what my aunt will do with the new changes. Shes on the unlim stream+unlim dvd (1 at a time). Thats $10/month currently. So another $6 added to keep stream+dvd.

Ive been leeching off the stream service
laugh.gif
, but she rents DVDs occasionally... and she does streaming for her son. 

Wow, #+!. I wonder what my aunt will do with the new changes. Shes on the unlim stream+unlim dvd (1 at a time). Thats $10/month currently. So another $6 added to keep stream+dvd.

Ive been leeching off the stream service
laugh.gif
, but she rents DVDs occasionally... and she does streaming for her son. 

Tons of people are upset, and rightfully so. To up your price that much for the same services isn't smart for a customer standpoint.

I'll probably be dropping Instant. It was always more of a added bonus because I preferred the DVD selection, so dropping the instant with 2 DVDs at a time will save me a few bucks a month.

Back
Top Bottom