The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I saw they have a godzilla movie. Was expecting it to be like the old Japanese movies but saw it was an animated movie. Has me more interested now.

I’m an hour into Super Dark Times and this hot chick Allison fiending over this goofy *** awkward dude Zach is killing me :lol:

End of the F'ing World.

I've seen a few posts saying it's a watch.
Been passing.
Tonight, I had time.
Only read the synopsis for Episode 1.
Thoughts: Holy F'ing S#%t.
Netflix isn't messing around with this one.
I had to shower first.
Now I'm ready.
Holy S$&t man, they came out of the gates guns a blazing.
WTF man. Hard.

Still working through Punisher. I like it a lot.

Got an email that Lord of The Rings was added to Netflix. YESSSSS.

I’m honestly annoyed that dudes in this thread hyped up Super Dark Times and had me sit through that weird *** slow *** dark *** movie with those weird *** awkward ugly *** kids to act like once you hit a blunt you start wanting to stab people with swords.

Honestly...**** a spoiler...please tell me how the hell the kid gets a sword right through his damn stomach, gets sliced all on his back, head and arm, punched and choked....and then he’s just chillin right on top of the police car and they’re just talking to him without even receiving any medical attention.

Some of the dumbest **** I’ve ever watched.

I’m honestly annoyed that dudes in this thread hyped up Super Dark Times and had me sit through that weird *** slow *** dark *** movie with those weird *** awkward ugly *** kids to act like once you hit a blunt you start wanting to stab people with swords.

Honestly...**** a spoiler...please tell me how the hell the kid gets a sword right through his damn stomach, gets sliced all on his back, head and arm, punched and choked....and then he’s just chillin right on top of the police car and they’re just talking to him without even receiving any medical attention.

it's a good time if you go in with low expectations and not treat it at all seriously ie a low budget so bad it is funny horror-thriller, if you treat it seriously you will be annoyed

Anyone check out Drug Lords yet?

Watched the Pablo and Frank Lucas episodes last night. About to watch the Cali Cartel in a few.

American Gangster movie was waaay off base. Had Richie looking like the hero...smh

You're a bucs fan...I'm annoyed you typed this up and had us read it.

Did you even watch the movie?

He didn't hit the blunt and decide to start killing people. It started with accidentally killing the big dude. Killing someone is the easy part. Living with it is the hard part. The kid was already mentally fragile given his family situation so imagine you being a teenager who just killed someone and had to cover it up and live with it the rest of your life....not that easy.

He attacked the girls and his best friend because of jealousy not because of weed.

I swear some of you don't actually watch the movies/series we're talking about.

You're a bucs fan...I'm annoyed you typed this up and had us read it.

Did you even watch the movie?

He didn't hit the blunt and decide to start killing people. It started with accidentally killing the big dude. Killing someone is the easy part. Living with it is the hard part. The kid was already mentally fragile given his family situation so imagine you being a teenager who just killed someone and had to cover it up and live with it the rest of your life....not that easy.

He attacked the girls and his best friend because of jealousy not because of weed.

I swear some of you don't actually watch the movies/series we're talking about.

You typed up this long *** post and still didn’t explain to me how the kid got a sword right through his stomach, then taken out and punched and choked after he had already been sliced all over with the sword before they even got outside and not only lived but was just chillin there at the end receiving zero medical attention at all :lol:

It could be the most genius movie of all time but if it ends like that then it makes the entire thing feel stupid. Add on to the fact that it’s a tough watch overall with the awkward *** kids they casted and the extreme overall slowness of the movie and it’s not a very pleasant thing to use your time on.

You typed up this long *** post and still didn’t explain to me how the kid got a sword right through his stomach, then taken out and punched and choked after he had already been sliced all over with the sword before they even got outside and not only lived but was just chillin there at the end receiving zero medical attention at all :lol:

It could be the most genius movie of all time but if it ends like that then it makes the entire thing feel stupid. Add on to the fact that it’s a tough watch overall with the awkward *** kids they casted and the extreme overall slowness of the movie and it’s not a very pleasant thing to use your time on.

You ask the same questions when you watch Batman?

It's a movie! It's not real.

You ask the same dumb *** questions when you watch fast and furious? Any action movie, ever?

Characters were casted based on the setting.

If you old like a lot of us then you would know living thru the 80s and 90s (not being born in the late 80s or 90s) but actually grew up in those 2 decades...we were awkward.

Last edited:
Super Dark Times was good for the most part but some things that really bothered me, so that bully that was killed was his former friend?! They didn't really go into much detail. Also why did that kid walk his bike so much and then he's just shown running to girls house, I was wondering what happened to his bike that whole time lol. Plus the movie did have many slow parts throughout.

Super Dark Times was good for the most part but some things that really bothered me, so that bully that was killed was his former friend?! They didn't really go into much detail. Also why did that kid walk his bike so much and then he's just shown running to girls house, I was wondering what happened to his bike that whole time lol. Plus the movie did have many slow parts throughout.

He wasn’t a bully. He was the mclovin of their group. More of a casual friend.

He left the bike at the girls house after the brother told him where she was...

Adrenaline? Who knows why.

What a great piece.
I know it was a Series carved into 8 episodes, but they were all 18-22monites each.
This was really just 3hr film.
So good though.

If you liked End of the F****** World, Dark, The OA, Reqium for a dream, Fight Club, Mr. Robot, Super Dark Times, Stand By Me, & Stranger Things (dark type genres). I'd recommend Donnie Darko (based in the 80's) if you havent seen it. I've suggested this film before I don't know if everyone's seen it, or just it's just been overlooked. Soundtrack & cast are killer. Hard to believe the budget for Darko was only around 4 million. I watch it at least every couple weeks, and it never gets old.

Last edited:
Just knocked out 2 episodes of Shot in the Dark.

I don't know how I feel about End of the F***ing World. It's such an awkward and weird show that you just can't help but keep watching. Especially with the length of the episodes making it an easy watch. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom