The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Is Gilmore girls really hot like that?

i always looked at it like a Dawson’s creek, life of the American teenager type

If you go in with an open mind and just enjoy, its really good.

It is the story of a single mom raising her daughter in a small town and what their life is like there, the mom also has super rich parents and they are pretty overbearing with how they take care of their granddaughter and the town they live in has its own cast of quirky characters.

This is actually the show i know sean gunn from, for all you MCU heads and Melissa McCarthy also got her start on here and its easily her best performance besides the recent movie she did she was nominated for

its a great show and the dialogue is top notch

yes its hot like that. i used to think it was some girly drama queen tv show but boy was I wrong.

the show is known for its quick dialogues and cultural references and everything else dhart48 dhart48 stated above.

I might just start Gilmore girls off the talk in here. For someone who was really into the OC when it aired is this show in any way like that?

damn, I need to give Succession another chance. Watched 2-3 episodes when it first came out and thought it was ok but gave up because I had too much to watch.

I might just start Gilmore girls off the talk in here. For someone who was really into the OC when it aired is this show in any way like that?

I mean it falls into that coming of age niche of shows in a way, but I can't stress that writing is what GG stand a part from the OC, I think everyone was shocked by that. It puts it into a different stratosphere especially since it on the WB

One of the greatest written shows on TV

Whoa, I need some background on this, because we talking about Gilmore Girls. One of the greatest written shows on TV? What other shows have you or do you watch? How old are you?

Exactly, I remember watching Dawson's Creek back during high school, however never thought WB was producing content on that level. Hell I remember watching Smallville and just laughing at how TERRIBLE Clark's excuses got during the middle of the show. One episode Clark ripped the steel door off Lex's vault, it was the size of a bank vault door. Lex arrived shortly after and questioned Clark about it, he said it was already ripped off before I got here.

Whoa, I need some background on this, because we talking about Gilmore Girls. One of the greatest written shows on TV? What other shows have you or do you watch? How old are you?

I'm 38, My favorite show of all time is The Leftovers. I watch Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, LOST,The Handmaids Tale The Boys. I mean I can enjoy the strain and Gotham just the same as those shows. I did watch Dawson's Creek, Cursed, ROC, South Central, SUV, NY Undercover etc.

I think people are blowing my comments out proportion. I never said it was the greatest TV show of all time. From a technical standpoint I'm only speaking about dialogue. In the same vein that West Wing and Buffy had some consistently great dialogue, its up in that class.

Your interest may vary because of the summary I gave on the last page, much like your interest may vary on a cheerleader who finds out her destiny is to kill vampires or Following a show based on a term of the President of the United States.

If I had to rank it it'd be a top 15 for sure, maybe higher because I write screenplays, so Im constantly looking for great writing that I can break down and learn from.

I'm 38, My favorite show of all time is The Leftovers. I watch Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, LOST,The Handmaids Tale The Boys. I mean I can enjoy the strain and Gotham just the same as those shows. I did watch Dawson's Creek, Cursed, ROC, South Central, SUV, NY Undercover etc.

I think people are blowing my comments out proportion. I never said it was the greatest TV show of all time. From a technical standpoint I'm only speaking about dialogue. In the same vein that West Wing and Buffy had some consistently great dialogue, its up in that class.

Your interest may vary because of the summary I gave on the last page, much like your interest may vary on a cheerleader who finds out her destiny is to kill vampires or Following a show based on a term of the President of the United States.

If I had to rank it it'd be a top 15 for sure, maybe higher because I write screenplays, so Im constantly looking for great writing that I can break down and learn from.

The Leftovers!! This show right here was amazing all the way through. It's funny because my wife and I were just talking about starting it over. Now would be a better time than ever to do so.

Finally finished Dark (season 3). Gotta say it was becoming a chore to finish.

Most of the season was a bunch of... he said, she said, he lied, she lied. :rolleyes I was just ready to get it over with and get to the point.

Still one of my favorite Netflix series though. Top 5 for me. But I usually don't recommend it to people, due how it's difficult to follow at times.

Damn, just finished the "boar on the floor" episode. This was the Brian Cox I was waiting for. Sheesh.

Making them do that was wild and the insults to everyone and particularly Frank were :wow: :smh:

Ken is my favorite character right now. Droppin bodies in his wake, family included. :sick:

boars-on-the-floor.gif

just started the australian show "Rake." about 3 episodes in and I'm already liking the content. A lawyer who believes in upholding law and takes on unique clients but has a questionable set of moral ethics in his personal life.

btw, anyone watch Queer Eye? it's ****ing good stuff.

Are you saying the word structure when you mention dialogue? Not coming for you, just trying to get some perspective on your statement, we are close in age, like some of the same shows. I haven't gotten around to watch it yet, I will give it a shot in time. My continue watching list is so damn long on Netflix, shows that wife and I are watching together, shows I watch when the kids are in bed, shows I watch for background noise when working. Wife also said Gilmore Girls was pretty good, just never heard such praise for the show.

just started the australian show "Rake." about 3 episodes in and I'm already liking the content. A lawyer who believes in upholding law and takes on unique clients but has a questionable set of moral ethics in his personal life.

btw, anyone watch Queer Eye? it's ****ing good stuff.
Isn't that the premise of Goliath on Prime?
91zYWmyPgaL._RI_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom